Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 12:53 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay, the Democratic Party isn't doing enough. Now, answer this. What has the GOP done for Blacks lately?

I also need for you to think about this. I as a Black person might think of myself as an individual. However, it doesn't mean I will be treated like one. Black Americans are the most looked down on population in America. You and me belong to that population. It doesn't matter how much we try to be individuals. We're still looked down on and will be treated as such. We still live in this society and have to play its game. It doesn't matter how we see ourselves. How others see us and treat us count for more.

No one is doing anything for blacks. Both parties cater to their constituents, and those are mainly white. And do you think those not really in politics (or interested in them) are worrying themselves over what might be happening in some random black person's life?

"White" society just happens to be where the money is, no matter how good or bad anyone thinks they are. The only way to live one's life as a black person is to just stay out of other people's way, stop working so hard at trying to befriend those who think of you as their enemy, look out for yourself, and get as much as you can until you die. It's a rather sad awakening, but it's the card that has been dealt to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 12:54 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,713,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
One of his first statements was so ridiculous that there was no need in going further, and I quote:

"America was not better off when Obama left office compared to when he entered the office" Timestamp: 1:29

You mean going from losing 700K jobs a month to gaining 200K a month is not a difference? Get this garbage out of here, if you can add then you can determine there is a difference, compare any factor you want.

Granted this guy may have been in diapers at the time but I don't know of anyone that can seriously claim that the country was on better footing in 2007 than in 2015-2016. Claiming that means your just playing the partisan game and are not trying to make a logical argument.

I hope this guy does not continue to argue like this, he is embarrassing himself, and me as a black man myself by not preparing and taking his argument seriously. It is too easy to get your argument dismissed as a black male when you didn't prepare and start railing on and on with nonsense. Be a Trump supporter if you want but learn the arguments and use some facts, write it out and frame the argument.
I applaud you for taking time out of your day to point out in detail why the guy in the video is a joke.

You're better than me.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
What I find funny about the term "Uncle Tom" is that it should be worn as a badge of honor, It originated from the anti-slavery novel/play "Uncle Tom's Cabin", where at the end, the character of Uncle Tom gives up his life to protect a pair of escaped slaves.

Through minstrel shows and other political bs, the term has been changed into something which diametrically opposes the character's original intent, its sad really.

As a black man I don't need representation nor do I need a leader, I'm my own leader.

I may share the same skin color but I have my own mind and conservative values. If black people understand that they are individuals and that each person should take responsibility for their own life then black people as a whole will look better in today's American society.

I see that Democrat policies have not helped the black community at all, if anything, their policies have attributed to our regression. Yet, Blacks continue to vote for the continuation of the Democratic Plantation System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GQgW40C-M
I didn’t say that you needed representation or a leader. That’s something you pulled out the bag.

In any case, if you see being called an Uncle Tom as a badge of honor, that’s your choice. I sure as hell don’t want my people to see me in that way.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
No one is doing anything for blacks. Both parties cater to their constituents, and those are mainly white. And do you think those not really in politics (or interested in them) are worrying themselves over what might be happening in some random black person's life?

"White" society just happens to be where the money is, no matter how good or bad anyone thinks they are. The only way to live one's life as a black person is to just stay out of other people's way, stop working so hard at trying to befriend those who think of you as their enemy, look out for yourself, and get as much as you can until you die. It's a rather sad awakening, but it's the card that has been dealt to you.
Some of white society is where the money is. Otherwise, I agree with you.

I stay outta people’s way (as long as they stay outta mine), and I do what I have to do. I’ve never been interested in what white people think about black folks.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:19 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
What I find funny about the term "Uncle Tom" is that it should be worn as a badge of honor, It originated from the anti-slavery novel/play "Uncle Tom's Cabin", where at the end, the character of Uncle Tom gives up his life to protect a pair of escaped slaves.

Through minstrel shows and other political bs, the term has been changed into something which diametrically opposes the character's original intent, its sad really.

As a black man I don't need representation nor do I need a leader, I'm my own leader.

I may share the same skin color but I have my own mind and conservative values. If black people understand that they are individuals and that each person should take responsibility for their own life then black people as a whole will look better in today's American society.

I see that Democrat policies have not helped the black community at all, if anything, their policies have attributed to our regression. Yet, Blacks continue to vote for the continuation of the Democratic Plantation System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GQgW40C-M

From what you have said here, blacks are all individuals and have a right to think for themselves. But then you say they should wear the term "Uncle Tom" like a badge of honor. That puts you in same school of people who enjoy calling each other derogatory names.

If you are your own leader, then so is everyone else. That means they are free to decide for themselves what they want to be called and what badges they want to wear.

People do take responsibility for their own lives. It's just that some need things done their way - ya'know, "I'm responsible when it's convenient for me to be responsible."

Of course, all this means they might not make you happy, or even themselves happy, but you are an individual in control of your own life, not anyone else's.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
From what you have said here, blacks are all individuals and have a right to think for themselves. But then you say they should wear the term "Uncle Tom" like a badge of honor. That puts you in same school of people who enjoy calling each other derogatory names.

If you are your own leader, then so is everyone else. That means they are free to decide for themselves what they want to be called and what badges they want to wear.

People do take responsibility for their own lives. It's just that some need things done their way - ya'know, "I'm responsible when it's convenient for me to be responsible."

Of course, all this means they might not make you happy, or even themselves happy, but you are an individual in control of your own life, not anyone else's.
You’ve pegged what I hate about so many black conservatives. They think they’re special because they’ve opted for conservative politics over liberal politics...it’s laughable. The black community isn’t even liberal to begin with.

It’s white conservatives that have told them that nonsense about being exceptional just because they vote Republican. Lol

Old 07-08-2019, 01:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left hates a lot of people but they hate nobody more than a black conservative.

I don't hate anyone.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:41 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times
Looks like he took the "blue pill".

Old 07-08-2019, 01:46 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,240,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’ve pegged what I hate about so many black conservatives. They think they’re special because they’ve opted for conservative politics over liberal politics...it’s laughable. The black community isn’t even liberal to begin with.

It’s white conservatives that have told them that nonsense about being exceptional just because they vote Republican. Lol

Ahh you got it. Who ever said black folks were ultra liberal?
Who said black folk all agree on abortion?
Who said black folk agree on high taxes?
Who said black folk like illegal immigration?

No one.

But the sorry azz Republicans are too lazy to learn new arguments so they trot out "Make America Great Again" and return to the 1950's.

Uhh excuse me, Ill take higher taxes over JIM CROW if that's what my options are.

And how is Steve King still on congress, the guy was literally going to white supremacy meetings while in office? If that is the moral ground you stand on then you will never get black people to vote for you regardless of weather we agree on issue or not.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Black America has to deal with issues that other Americans don't face:

Which party protects me and my Civil rights !

Even after the Voting Rights Act of 1965 they still have to worry about this crap?

The 2016 election was the first presidential election in 50 years without the full protection of the Voting Rights Act (VRA) to combat racial discrimination in voting. Widely regarded as the most effective civil rights law in American history, the VRA prohibits a range of discriminatory voting practices and lets citizens and the federal government challenge discriminatory changes to voting laws and practices."

Source : https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ing-rights-act

There is one party that tries to protect us all without "Gerrymandering" districts and making ex-felons in my state of Florida pay off their dues first before they can vote!

Guess which party that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies