Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 06:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Ahh you got it. Who ever said black folks were ultra liberal?
Who said black folk all agree on abortion?
Who said black folk agree on high taxes?
Who said black folk like illegal immigration?

No one.

But the sorry azz Republicans are too lazy to learn new arguments so they trot out "Make America Great Again" and return to the 1950's.

Uhh excuse me, Ill take higher taxes over JIM CROW if that's what my options are.

And how is Steve King still on congress, the guy was literally going to white supremacy meetings while in office? If that is the moral ground you stand on then you will never get black people to vote for you regardless of weather we agree on issue or not.
Correct. African Americans have NEVER been liberal as a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 08:29 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
No one is doing anything for blacks. Both parties cater to their constituents, and those are mainly white. And do you think those not really in politics (or interested in them) are worrying themselves over what might be happening in some random black person's life?

"White" society just happens to be where the money is, no matter how good or bad anyone thinks they are. The only way to live one's life as a black person is to just stay out of other people's way, stop working so hard at trying to befriend those who think of you as their enemy, look out for yourself, and get as much as you can until you die. It's a rather sad awakening, but it's the card that has been dealt to you.
Well, lately Democrats aren't doing much for Blacks. Now, protecting the Civil Rights Act, Democrats are more likely to do that. But outside of that, I look at other groups vs Blacks. When it comes to both parties, Blacks are put last, in terms of politics.

This is something to understand. Whites are the predominant constituent for the Republican Party. Whites are a large part of the Democratic Party, but so are Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, women, and LGBTs. Blacks are still put last.

I never said both parties were that great. I was responding to people who try to make claims of "Blacks should consider voting Republican". My response to that is this: Show me that the Republicans are any better as of late.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:34 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Poor thing. He's been brainwashed by Fox News.
That's racist.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:02 PM

13 posts, read 7,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree. I think many on the left are not wild about Black conservatives for the same reason they aren't wild about conservatives over all. Being conservative. It has little to do with Blacks thinking for themselves.

I was a Black conservative at one time in my life(I identified as such for about a year, and I was 18, 19 years old). It wasn't White liberals calling me "Uncle Tom" or making comments about me being a Black conservative. It was usually other Black persons making such comments.

Something else. The whole idea of "being on the plantation" is inherently racist. I hear plenty of conservatives refer to Blacks who vote Democrat as "being on the plantation". That is essentially comparing Black people to slaves.
I think Candace Owens use it a lot on her vlogs or interviews that allowed other right wingers to think it's alright to say it.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Thank you for posting this. This exemplifies what it means to be a conservative vs a liberal. While liberals think that being conservative means one is racist, in reality, to be a conservative simply means one takes responsibility for his own actions and understand that his actions have consequences. That is as simple as it is, as these stats highlight.

All the rest of it is window dressing created by the left.
No, life is how you make it. If one wants to get on welfare and and choose to stay on welfare, then the shame is on them and not whether they are Democrat or not. Most of them probably don't bother voting, anyway, so it's further irrelevant what party they identify with.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The left hates a lot of people but they hate nobody more than a black conservative.
It's amazing how often on here conservatives speak for the liberals, and liberals speak for conservatives.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
I think Candace Owens use it a lot on her vlogs or interviews that allowed other right wingers to think it's alright to say it.
And that is a very stupid idea. It implies that Blacks today are "enslaved" by Democrats, that Blacks can't think for themselves. The way I see it, Black Americans aren't brainwashed. We can think for ourselves.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This articulate young conservative talks sense to black college kids who want to know why he likes Trump and dislikes Obama.
Common sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCeevC_qsA
Oh Lord not one of these videos.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This articulate young conservative talks sense to black college kids who want to know why he likes Trump and dislikes Obama.
Common sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCeevC_qsA

Why do you think he is articulate for a black person or a conservative?

He sounds like a regular black kid to me. Note I have a 17 year old son and 3 nephews between 16 and 22 and they all sound just as "articulate" and aren't Trump supporters and they sometimes make sense (note - most younger people IMO are nonsensical about politics and this young man was too).

FWIW its always funny to me when conservatives want to prance a black conservative around and act like they "think" more or are more articulate or intelligent than the rest of us black folks lol.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:19 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh Lord not one of these videos.

LOL - I had a similar thought

Oh LAWD!!! Another token negro video for the conservatives showing us their preferred version of black folks lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies