Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:55 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It would be awesome if he was gay.

Gay, black and a conservative that doesn't embrace victimhood. Stuff that drives the far left insane.
This is an interesting conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcbrc7Ugc6Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 12:11 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You started it sparky. You claimed the conservative kid does not represent blacks. So I said I think the foul mouthed idiot does.

Explain the difference to me.
Actually, you were the one that started it. I merely claimed that said conservative doesn't represent the majority of African-Americans. I was talking about that person's political views. You are the one who went off making the comment about African-Americans being vulgar. Do I have to explain everything to you?

Old 07-08-2019, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 7,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s because a lot of black conservatives sound as if they hate their own people. A lot of black conservatives try hard to appease their white counterparts in order to curry favor and move to the front of the line.

That’s Tomming, and it’s mandatory to call it out.

Saying that your own people are on a plantation and that only black conservatives can think for themselves is coonery to me. You guys seem to think it’s cute

There’s nothing wrong with being a conservative, but when you trash your own people, it’s called being an Uncle Tom. And I’m calling out all Toms in a very vicious and cruel way.
What I find funny about the term "Uncle Tom" is that it should be worn as a badge of honor, It originated from the anti-slavery novel/play "Uncle Tom's Cabin", where at the end, the character of Uncle Tom gives up his life to protect a pair of escaped slaves.

Through minstrel shows and other political bs, the term has been changed into something which diametrically opposes the character's original intent, its sad really.

As a black man I don't need representation nor do I need a leader, I'm my own leader.

I may share the same skin color but I have my own mind and conservative values. If black people understand that they are individuals and that each person should take responsibility for their own life then black people as a whole will look better in today's American society.

I see that Democrat policies have not helped the black community at all, if anything, their policies have attributed to our regression. Yet, Blacks continue to vote for the continuation of the Democratic Plantation System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GQgW40C-M

Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
I find it interesting that someone with a July 2019 join date is trying to sow discord amongst the black electorate with misleading propaganda.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
I am a black conservative and not a fan of Trump. I believe the left (not all) hate us because they don't like black people to think for themselves. Most of the left hate us because we always knew they like to use the black votes as pawns and if a black left supporter leave their plantation they are a coon or an Uncle Tom.
I disagree. I think many on the left are not wild about Black conservatives for the same reason they aren't wild about conservatives over all. Being conservative. It has little to do with Blacks thinking for themselves.

I was a Black conservative at one time in my life(I identified as such for about a year, and I was 18, 19 years old). It wasn't White liberals calling me "Uncle Tom" or making comments about me being a Black conservative. It was usually other Black persons making such comments.

Something else. The whole idea of "being on the plantation" is inherently racist. I hear plenty of conservatives refer to Blacks who vote Democrat as "being on the plantation". That is essentially comparing Black people to slaves.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:22 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
What I find funny about the term "Uncle Tom" is that it should be worn as a badge of honor, It originated from the anti-slavery novel/play "Uncle Tom's Cabin", where at the end, the character of Uncle Tom gives up his life to protect a pair of escaped slaves.

Through minstrel shows and other political bs, the term has been changed into something which diametrically opposes the character's original intent, its sad really.

As a black man I don't need representation nor do I need a leader, I'm my own leader.

I may share the same skin color but I have my own mind and conservative values. If black people understand that they are individuals and that each person should take responsibility for their own life then black people as a whole will look better in today's American society.

I see that Democrat policies have not helped the black community at all, if anything, their policies have attributed to our regression. Yet, Blacks continue to vote for the continuation of the Democratic Plantation System.

Everything in bold is how any man, black, white or otherwise should strive to achieve.

People should own their own and follow their moral compass

Old 07-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:

Okay, the Democratic Party isn't doing enough. Now, answer this. What has the GOP done for Blacks lately?

I also need for you to think about this. I as a Black person might think of myself as an individual. However, it doesn't mean I will be treated like one. Black Americans are the most looked down on population in America. You and me belong to that population. It doesn't matter how much we try to be individuals. We're still looked down on and will be treated as such. We still live in this society and have to play its game. It doesn't matter how we see ourselves. How others see us and treat us count for more.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:26 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Candace Owens is doing a good job waking up blacks with her Blexit movement. She not only speaks publicly at great risk to herself by Antifa thugs, but has a youtube show with great guests like Nigel Farage. If you get a chance to watch that one you will be surprised.

There are also lesser known black conservatives with youtube broadcasts. Very heartening to see this group growing.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Candace Owens is doing a good job waking up blacks with her Blexit movement. She not only speaks publicly at great risk to herself by Antifa thugs, but has a youtube show with great guests like Nigel Farage. If you get a chance to watch that one you will be surprised.

There are also lesser known black conservatives with youtube broadcasts. Very heartening to see this group growing.
And yet, the vast majority of Blacks continue to vote for Democrats. Even Blacks who make alot of money. Candace Owens is only appealing to other Black conservatives. This is the thing. I think you just want Black people vote for Republican in large numbers because it serves YOU!!

Old 07-08-2019, 12:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,240,225 times
One of his first statements was so ridiculous that there was no need in going further, and I quote:

"America was not better off when Obama left office compared to when he entered the office" Timestamp: 1:29

You mean going from losing 700K jobs a month to gaining 200K a month is not a difference? Get this garbage out of here, if you can add then you can determine there is a difference, compare any factor you want.

Granted this guy may have been in diapers at the time but I don't know of anyone that can seriously claim that the country was on better footing in 2007 than in 2015-2016. Claiming that means your just playing the partisan game and are not trying to make a logical argument.

I hope this guy does not continue to argue like this, he is embarrassing himself, and me as a black man myself by not preparing and taking his argument seriously. It is too easy to get your argument dismissed as a black male when you didn't prepare and start railing on and on with nonsense. Be a Trump supporter if you want but learn the arguments and use some facts, write it out and frame the argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies