Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
At least I edited what I said and added factual information to support my position.

You just shot off your mouth, got angry when your precious little worldview was challenged and never added anything, because you can’t.

Good night, sweet prince.
Next.

P.S. It's not the Republicans that are angry and full of hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:28 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Next.

P.S. It's not the Republicans that are angry and full of hate.
I’m not the one who gets angry over a demographic table.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:40 PM

Lol if anyone wants to go back and read this thread from start to finish it is clearly apparent that:

A. The whole thing is an absolute train wreck for the OP, they sure jetted out of here real quick too lol
B. OP is very, very wrong

Old 07-17-2019, 08:55 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Close your eyes real tight, click the heels of your ruby slippers, and say repeatedly:

“Everyone loves Trump and his policies will last forever.”

Old 07-17-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Close your eyes real tight, click the heels of your ruby slippers, and say repeatedly:

“Everyone loves Trump and his policies will last forever.”
Wow, a post you didn't go back and edit with Washington Post and CNN articles to "support" your claims. Good job!

And yeah, you're right. Because that impeachment attempt went so well.

332-95, was it?

You dems just keep digging yourself in deeper and you can't see it, which is hilarious.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
LOL Did you ever notice how Dems think "Republicans are dying"...whenever there's a Republican in the WH?

It happens every time.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly652 View Post
Usually when you grow into adulthood and you have to pay taxes, you arnt as left leaning. You may not be a full blooded republican but you sure as hell are not a liberal
Not true. If you look on our own CD Retirement Forum there was a long thread about this. People did NOT become conservative as they got older. For one thing, people who care about the country always care about the country and they are not just voting for their own selfish selves. Older people are just as liberal as they always were.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And this article is from February before this current wave of Trumps fear mongering, phony patriotism and racist rants...
That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Not true. If you look on our own CD Retirement Forum there was a long thread about this. People did NOT become conservative as they got older. For one thing, people who care about the country always care about the country and they are not just voting for their own selfish selves. Older people are just as liberal as they always were.
So Republicans don't care about America and are selfish? Got it. It is mindboggling to me how you dems can't see it, this thread is flesh and blood proof.

Nobody is stopping you from paying the IRS extra or donating XXX amount of your income to whatever cause. None of us are stopping you from sponsoring an illegal family, either. Just use your own house and resources.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:57 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Right, like in 2016?
There are examples all over of statewide elections where 60% of the votes cast were democratic, their representation turned out to be maybe 60 or 70% Republican. This was because of gerrymandering. The real wishes of the people were thwarted because of districts drawn to favor Republicans. (I am giving some general numbers. It happened in many locations, which could be looked up, I imagine. I know that Wisconsin's statewide numbers in 2018 were like that. That is why they ended up with a Democratic Governor and Republican House/Senate.) If the results of 2016 and 2018 truly reflected how people voted, they would have been much different than they were. That is how Republicans cheat to win. There are many other examples.

I know that Democrats have also gerrymandered in a few states, but it is a MUCH more wide spread practice in red states. Personally, I think political gerrymandering should be eliminated, that neither side should do it. Of course, the Supreme Court has decided that political gerrymandering is constitutional. That doesn't mean it is right. I think the voters should pick their representatives, not the representatives pick their voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies