Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Check this guy out.
Edward Dutton is a genius professor, and funny, but extremely British. You might want to skip to around 17:35 where he becomes fully coherent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCnddP5bWrM

His theory is that the people we used to call witches in the old days were mostly just unattractive, unwanted women with lots of mutations who looked odd, were disagreeable, and advocated weird ideas and lifestyles that threatened the social order. Such people used to die in plagues and famines. They were shunned and persecuted so their numbers and influence on society was limited.

Such is no longer the case and, alas, "witches" abound.
I thought this was about feminazis. Never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I thought this was about feminazis. Never mind.
If by that you mean you thought this was a thread where people come to bash on feminists and left-leaning women, I'd have to say

Old 07-26-2019, 02:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Offering your biased opinion about someone is an "adjustment" to preserve some kind of "order"?
No, not an "order". I said "are in order" meaning are necessary. I assume you are not a native speaker?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Offering your biased opinion about someone is an "adjustment" to preserve some kind of "order"?
Quote:
No, not an "order". I said "are in order" meaning are necessary. I assume you are not a native speaker?
Why do you feel that adjustments (you stating your biased opinion) are in order? To what end?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Why do you feel that adjustments (you stating your biased opinion) are in order? To what end?
...to prevent us from meeting our doom at the hands of these vexing witches.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
...to prevent us from meeting our doom at the hands of these vexing witches.
To recap, you believe that asserting your biased opinion regarding "disagreeable" women will prevent us from "meeting our doom" at the hands of these "vexing witches."

Please tell me that you're joking.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
To recap, you believe that asserting your biased opinion regarding "disagreeable" women will prevent us from "meeting our doom" at the hands of these "vexing witches."

Please tell me that you're joking.
How would you say your weight compares to that of... a duck?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So... there have always been "witches" -- odd, unhappy, genetically less fortunate women who don't fit within normal society and hold a grudge against it. But they never really flourished until the invention of gender studies, Twitter and SJWism. Now we are living in the age of the witch.
Quote:
. . . not talking about the very small number of people today who actually try to act like witches, casting spells or whatever. He's saying that the women we used to accuse of being witches in the old days were actually the maladapted, odd looking, SJW, gender ***** political radicals of their time. They were suppressed then, but now they are flourishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sounds like you're nostalgic for witch burning.
Quote:
Nah... drowning maybe?

Seriously though, I think Dutton is right in theorizing that there have always been "witches" -- odd, troubled women, who have grievances with society and want radical change.

In 1619, such women were treated very harshly in the West. They were shunned, jailed, even executed.

In 2019, such women are put in charge of libraries, museums and schools, made tenured professors at great universities, and editors at prestigious newspapers and publishing houses. Companies do their bidding. Increasingly, they dominate political dialogue. One might well become president of the world's only superpower next year.

I don't think we need to turn the clock all the way back to 1619. But some adjustments are in order.
Quote:
Please elaborate on your adjustments.
Quote:
Why do you feel that adjustments . . . are in order? To what end?
Quote:
. . . to prevent us from meeting our doom at the hands of these vexing witches.
Quote:
How would you say your weight compares to that of . . . a duck?
Oh. Your attempt at humor is a big fail after all of the crap things you posted.

I don't get it.

Why?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:56 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Oh. Your attempt at humor is a big fail after all of the crap things you posted.

I don't get it.

Why?
Jees Mary,lighten up

Old 07-26-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:

I don't get it.

Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rMsgmaBV8g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies