Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 10:24 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,507,219 times

Advertisements

I don't see any reason why liberal/progressive and Pro-Israel can't go hand in hand. By most measures, I fall into both of those categories. Israel is by far the most advanced country in the region.

Then again, I'm also not anti-Trump even though I dislike a good number of things about him.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.
Meh.

I am only concerned with the US.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:31 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,375,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
You better hope the US never pulls support for Israel. Because if Iran or any other jew-hating islamic army starts to overrun the country, Israel will nuke them. And that will change the face of the planet forever.

Israel's enemies want their extermination and they live right ... f--king ... next ....door to them.

You keep pushing them, and you are not going to like the future.
Well, that's for the Israelis and their neighbors to worry about. Why should it concern the USA?

Let them fight their own battles.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:29 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,037,455 times
Quote:

More like today's youth, given the widespread accessibility to information these days, is able to see for themselves how Israel went from the underdog to the aggressor.

You denigrate an entire generation simply because they disagree with you.

You're not going to like the future.
It doesn't matter how much information any particular generation may have at its disposal, if its members cannot properly analyze the same and draw the correct conclusions therefrom.

And that's going to be the problem for the younger generations for decades to come. They are now and will always be fatally handicapped by their own ignorance and inability to discern truth from fiction.

As you have clearly predicted.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:49 AM

1,503 posts, read 609,336 times
Quote:
You better hope the US never pulls support for Israel. Because if Iran or any other jew-hating islamic army starts to overrun the country, Israel will nuke them. And that will change the face of the planet forever.

Israel's enemies want their extermination and they live right ... f--king ... next ....door to them.

And this is one of the reasons why any support of Israel has is fading. Nobody wants to be blackmailed, but that's exactly what Israel does: "pay us/support us, or else!".

Let's pretend that what you say is true, and Arabs and Jews mutually wipe each other from the face of the Earth. So, what's the big problem other than gas prices skyrocket?

Tutsi and Hutu in Africa mutually killed over 1mln of them not so long ago. Did you even hear about that? And even of you did, did you care about them even for a second? I doubt so. Then why anyone should care about Jews and Arabs doing the same? Nukes? This planet can survive just fine with another 20-30 of them blowing up, and I don't think Israel has more. So, what else?

Old 08-18-2019, 03:41 AM

12,400 posts, read 8,183,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
And this is one of the reasons why any support of Israel has is fading. Nobody wants to be blackmailed, but that's exactly what Israel does: "pay us/support us, or else!".

Let's pretend that what you say is true, and Arabs and Jews mutually wipe each other from the face of the Earth. So, what's the big problem other than gas prices skyrocket?

Tutsi and Hutu in Africa mutually killed over 1mln of them not so long ago. Did you even hear about that? And even of you did, did you care about them even for a second? I doubt so. Then why anyone should care about Jews and Arabs doing the same? Nukes? This planet can survive just fine with another 20-30 of them blowing up, and I don't think Israel has more. So, what else?
I see that The Day After and Nuclear Winter fears that Baby Boomers and Generation X had in the 80s are gone.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:39 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,350,917 times
Quote:
According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.
Just like here. Most of the pro trumpers in the US are probably above the age of 50. Going to be a very different world in a few decades, hopefully these right wingers don't **** it up before we can fix it

Old 08-18-2019, 06:06 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
The good thing about aging is gaining knowledge. These young people will eventually grow up and most of them will discard their ignorance for reality.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:25 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,521,292 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, that's for the Israelis and their neighbors to worry about. Why should it concern the USA?

Let them fight their own battles.
So you're saying that if enemies want to wipe out 5 or 6 million Jews, that's the Jews' problem and they should fight their own battles? Do you regret that the U.S. liberated the death camps (albeit way too late)? Those Jews needed help as well to fend off people who wanted to exterminate them.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,521,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The good thing about aging is gaining knowledge. These young people will eventually grow up and most of them will discard their ignorance for reality.
I wish we had never lowered the voting age to 18. Even 21 is too young to make a knowledgeable decision.

We would be much better off if the voting age were moved to 25. That way, these kids would have become adults, worked in the real world, paid bills, and paid taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies