Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

Quote:
As the only group to take an anti-Israeli stance on the issue, millennials showcase wildly different views than their parents and grandparents, who overwhelmingly backed Israel in the cause. This data indicates a generational split that echoes a single fact: that Israel is no longer the sympathetic figure from a few decades ago.

Millennials, confronted with an Israel likely unfamiliar to their parents, are responding to this quite clearly: by turning away from the nation at higher rates than ever before.

Is Israel Losing Support from Millennials and Generation Z? - politics diaspora Israel
The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:58 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.
Israel behaves like a relic from the 20th century. Times have changed and nobody is impressed with the manner unto which they conduct themselves. The racism, hyper nationalism, and rampant militarism they exemplify is grotesque and outdated.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
I'm torn. I support Israel but not to the degree that the modern GOP does. They shouldn't be let off the hook for everything they do because of Biblical prophecy.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm torn. I support Israel but not to the degree that the modern GOP does. They shouldn't be let off the hook for everything they do because of Biblical prophecy.
i pretty much agree...but on this forum anyway if one does NOT follow the Zionist party line (likud) one is labeled an anti-Semite..lol.

without realizing it the zealots demand total loyalty to their cause (authoritarian hallmark)..but it is the authoritarian nature of modern Zionism THAT i disagree with duh?!

if one removes biblical religion from the Zionist platform and focus only on the need for their own land i am quite sure a different geographic area other than Palestine could have served as the new Israel

Australia is has quite alot of unsettled land for instance (displace a few aborigines perhaps/sacred mountain maybe)

Germany was one of the most accepting and civilized places in the world and events transpired to prove nowhere is safe except your own place

Old 07-25-2019, 11:36 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Lots of Ilhan Omar’s terrorist propaganda going around in schools.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It’s not because of biblical prophecy...you do realize they are a tiny nation surrounded by other nations that would like to see them literally wiped from the face of the earth. Literally. Please explain how they are supposed to respond. There will never be peace with their Arab neighbors because their neighbors want them destroyed.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Millennials and Generation Z are clueless and shortsighted. They better figure out reality soon because they aren't going to like what's coming for them when they learn the truth.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Yup. How many anti-Israel threads do we need every day? It's like the U.N. around here. They also focus their condemnation on the Jewish state while giving Arab countries a pass.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:50 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
More like today's youth, given the widespread accessibility to information these days, is able to see for themselves how Israel went from the underdog to the aggressor.

You denigrate an entire generation simply because they disagree with you.

You're not going to like the future.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Millennials and Generation Z are clueless and shortsighted. They better figure out reality soon because they aren't going to like what's coming for them when they learn the truth.
Exactly. Being anti-Israel is the new liberal thing, and most young people are liberal. But they'll grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies