Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 09:39 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Better idea: Allow lawsuits against the killer PLUS his parents and blood relatives, with all held equally liable, not ever dischargeable in court, and allow remaining amounts not paid off to be levied against future generations of his descendants.

I would also like to see their employers exercise employment at will, and fire every blood relative.

In short, society needs to take revenge on the family, and future misfit parents will not turn a blind eye to their kids violent tendencies.

I would bet todays killers parents knew junior was violent.

I can't imagine these posts are being serious. What if someone hates their parents? Many of the shooters don't really seem to have close connections to their family members from what I've read.

What a perfect way to get back at family members.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:40 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well, obviously this is an issue that is on many people's minds, to take up 87 pages on this web site.

I would venture to say, outside of Mexico, this country holds the record for mass shootings, resulting in murder, of any country on the planet, and still some want the guns to remain.

Some argue it is not the guns, but just taking the last three mass shootings, they were all done with guns, let alone all the others in the last ten or fifteen years.

When is it going to be enough is enough?

How many times do we have to see our presidents get up in front of the cameras and state, "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and their families"?

Enough is enough, and someone has to step up to the plate and address this mass killing once and for all.

As I stated in my post on page 11 of this thread, the general public being armed,was never the intention of the framers of our constitution, and it is about time, TRUE meaning and interpretation of the 2nd amendment is forthcoming by the supreme court.

Never was it the intention of the framers of the constitution to arm 300,000,000 people.

This carnage is never going to stop until such time the government/military disarm the general population.

According to Hamilton's statements in the federalist papers, the formed militias were the subject of the 2nd amendment, not the general public.

Go back and read my post on page 11.

Bob.
I don’t think there is any way to get rid of guns. The genie is out of the bottle. We have as many guns as people, a huge portion of the population who will not let them go without a fight, and a country bordering our own that has cartels waiting for a new product to add to their black market. I think your idea would lead to far worse problems than it could possibly fix. We aren’t Australia.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The point being, as we both know, Trump has promoted xenophobia, racism, and violence from day one. The El Paso shooter is merely Trump's exhortations taken to their logical end.
So true! Trump is an accessory to the crime. Those poor people died because Trump incites violence and hate.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:41 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
........In short, society needs to take revenge on the family, and future misfit parents will not turn a blind eye to their kids violent tendencies.

I would bet todays killers parents knew junior was violent.
I object. I am speaking as a father of a daughter who was violent, manipulative, mean and psychotic from the time she was 13. We went to counseling, used medication, and even institutionalized her fro as long as we could. When I read news accounts about kids who kill their parents, I feel lucky to be alive.

I don't know what became of her; hopefully no one will find me and take revenge for whatever she has done.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:43 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So true! Trump is an accessory to the crime. Those poor people died because Trump incites violence and hate.
Right!
Because if he just hadn't been elected, The Left wouldn't have to hate him so much.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:43 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's not as if he was selling untaxed cigarettes in the street.
And they bought Dylann Roof Burger King, after his Charleston massacre.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:45 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Then WHY are they bothering to carry guns?

Most people are cowards - gun owner or not. That's the way it is. Not saying that's wrong, just that that's the way it is.

Ken
There is rather a fine line between what is necessary to a person and what is not.

Decades ago, when I was military police, a service member went nuts on me and I automatically responded with applying a half nelson. In a blink of an eye, I could have thrown them, probably dislocating their shoulder, but I decided not to, that holding the half nelson was sufficient enough.

When I am carrying, it is rather the last resort. There are many things available on the "battle computer" at any moment that I may elect to use instead.

Why?

Because shooting someone often involves too much paperwork.

There is the saying in CHL......."If you can avoid shooting him, you will probably be better off.".

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I object. I am speaking as a father of a daughter who was violent, manipulative, mean and psychotic from the time she was 13. We went to counseling, used medication, and even institutionalized her fro as long as we could. When I read news accounts about kids who kill their parents, I feel lucky to be alive.

I don't know what became of her; hopefully no one will find me and take revenge for whatever she has done.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Too bad that any parent has to deal with that.

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:

If you warned local authorities or if todays parents did, I would view any action vs them or you not merited.

But we should put parents in that position. Warn authorities, as well as neighbors, so they know a threat is around them.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:46 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:

This is very sad. You have no idea where your daughter is? I just can’t imagine it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies