Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 10:21 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No we do not have universal background checks and if your definition of an assault weapon doesn't include an AR-15 that can unload a clip in seconds then you need to revise your definition. Please spare me the semantics, if a any gun can kill that many people within a seconds its an assault weapon.
The only sales that don't have BG checks are private sales. One state has a law requiring them for private sales and admits it cannot be enforced. So why pass another worthless law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I guess you weren't in Vietnam or anywhere else, you would have heard the term, keep cringing and arguing a senseless point. Gun experts are just so fascinating.
We called them magazines when I was in Nam.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:23 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then how do you propose you go after those shooters who suddenly want to pop up in public and shoot you down?
Better keeping track of people who have shown to HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS IS A START.

Get rid of the obama rule to NOT divulge the records of KNOWN young people WITH a history of mental problems, is another.

Banning certain types of guns is NEVER going to STOP someone from going crazy.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Better keeping track of people who have shown to HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS IS A START.

Get rid of the obama rule to NOT divulge the records of KNOWN young people WITH a history of mental problems, is another.

Banning certain types of guns is NEVER going to STOP someone from going crazy.

How do you do that?

That would involve a hippa violation to "find out" about mental illness.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you value medical privacy, then one cannot access everyone's medical records to see if they have a history of mental illness.

Do you WANT the federal government having access to all of YOUR medical records?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The question is is this fun worth more lives? I understand an AK 47 is not an "assault rife" but it very design results in more deaths per second than other guns. .
That is absolutely wrong. It shoots at the same speed as all semi auto rifles. It just looks different. The speed depends on how fast you pull the trigger.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:31 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
No rational person believes that a relatively small group of people can form up a posse commitas to overthrow a tyrannical government. Even with all the AK47's that a person can carry, all it takes is a single tank and the wind will carry away the vaporized body parts with the remains of your AK47 scattered in bits on the ground. And today's US Army fighting machine has thousands of other powerful weapons at its disposal - things that a civilian can only dream of getting his hands on. Let's get real here.
That is one of the most ridiculous statements that is used ad nauseam by those who wish to abolish the 2nd Amendment.

Let me put it to you this way. It's highly unlikely that the Pentagon's arsenal would be used against American civilians. If so the military would be destroying their own friends, family and neighborhoods. There would be absolutely nothing left for them to come back to. Not only that but if the civilian population were destroyed who'd supply the military with supplies? There'd be nobody left to work the factories and farm the fields. All commerce would come to a grinding halt. My guess is that they would disobey orders, and in all probability would use those weapons against those that ordered them to do so.

About the only way they could possibly do it would be to go on house to house searches where they would be met with overwhelming and fierce resistance. As the armed civilian population at around 100 million or so would vastly outnumber government forces. The United States with it's superior military force couldn't beat back the North Vietnamese, short of using nuclear weapons. In which case there would have been a third world war and the end of all life as we know it.

You seem to forget that a large percent of active duty and retired military and law enforcement personal are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and Constitutional Law. It wouldn't surprise me if they joined forces with the civilian population that takes up arms in the fight against a tyrannical form of government.

I don't think that you've thought this out very well?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Seriously think about the reason you are celebrating gun sales.

Because how many people died?

Disgusting....

Have you seen the panic Americans are feeling -- a loud bang can send hundreds stampeding out of malls, downtown locales, businesses.....and you are celebrating gun sales...profit from this kind of tragedy and fear.

I can't imagine where the USA went wrong that this is okay to voice out loud and proud.
Wow, you should be in the Olympics with your ability to leap that far.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The only sales that don't have BG checks are private sales. One state has a law requiring them for private sales and admits it cannot be enforced. So why pass another worthless law?
Because liberals will vote for platitudes.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So because they didn't prosecute a large enough percentage the laws isn't working, the denial of thousands of people means a law isn't working.

The solution is in greater control over guns, universal background checks, more severe penalties, increased waiting periods and a ban on assault weapons. They cant even ban bump stocks so I don't have much fait.
"increased waiting periods" Women have been SHOT and KILLED by the person who had restraining orders on them while in the "waiting period".

With today's technology the is NO reason why a background check cannot be INSTANTLY, just as if stopped by a cop he runs your record and in an instant he has your ENTIRE DIVING RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD FROM ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

"and a ban on assault weapons." I'd bet you DON'T even KNOW what an "assault weapon" is!

"The solution is in greater control over guns"

OK, I will make you a deal. YOU SUPPORT applying EVERY gun law, ALL over 20,000 of them, to the 1ST AMENDMENT that is NOW applied to the 2ND AMENDMENT and I will support your idea.

Think long and hard about that before you reply.

Remember, "The PEN is MIGHTIER then the SWORD"!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What use does an AK-47 have in the hands of US civilians?
"What use does an AK-47 have in the hands of US civilians?"

What USE are cars that can go over 120 MPH when most speeed limits are much LESS then that?

What USE are cannons which are LEGAL?

What USE are tanks, which are LEGAL?

What use are fighter jest which are LEGAL?

Who are YOU to tell others what "use" they are allowed to have for LEGAL products?

I DOUBT you know how much it COSTS to get permit to buy an AK and the cost to renew they permit to have one.

Do you even KNOW what an AK is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies