Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 12:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Absolutely. Then they have the gall to further blame us Americans for all the world's condition and behaviors. It's just beyond the pale. The left are all liars and don't really care about the poor and foreign. They just have animus for Americans and the foreigners serve a useful purpose to them is what I believe.

The right is full of liars and thieves. We have plenty of room. Hell, we could take all the population of Central America and move them out to WY, ID ETC and we would never know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 12:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Most were released anyway and given a date to return for further evaluation. I’ll bet most never show up, which has been one the main problems apart from our laws not being enforced in the first place. It’s sad for the kids but the parents created this situation. It’s funny how nobody worries about their kids when they’re dragging them through rivers and desert and rock, but then when ICE comes they’re all concerned. The MSM only mentions the kids when it’s something like this.
I watched the story on news last night. The little girl sobbing on the steps for her Dad. Very heartbreaking. She’s an anchor baby and will grow up voting Democrat, so MSM should be happy about that.
Most do NOT show and do not leave. What a joke.

And yes, it's very sad for the kids, but people should be blaming the parents and those in charge of hiring them. I can't believe the people supporting criminals like this when they haven't posted any concern over Americans.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:29 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
They will probably fine the employers. Maybe some will be prosecuted. The employers are known individuals and need not be arrested to be identified. I don't disagree there should be more penalty for employers, but employers are citizens and certainly deserve more due process than illegals who know they are themselves illegal. Why do you assume nothing will happen to the employers?
Because I haven't heard about anything happening to employers where this has been a problem for years.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The right is full of liars and thieves. We have plenty of room. Hell, we could take all the population of Central America and move them out to WY, ID ETC and we would never know it.
Yeah, yeah. Or we just could remove all the illegals or at least deter them and reap all the benefits of it. We are being overpopulated by illegals in most every town and city. We know they are here. They are seen and heard everywhere as obvious as can be.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 PM

126 posts, read 49,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Most were released anyway and given a date to return for further evaluation. I’ll bet most never show up, which has been one the main problems apart from our laws not being enforced in the first place. It’s sad for the kids but the parents created this situation. It’s funny how nobody worries about their kids when they’re dragging them through rivers and desert and rock, but then when ICE comes they’re all concerned. The MSM only mentions the kids when it’s something like this.
I watched the story on news last night. The little girl sobbing on the steps for her Dad. Very heartbreaking. She’s an anchor baby and will grow up voting Democrat, so MSM should be happy about that.
Because federal law enforcement agencies do not have custody of children in rivers in Honduras, Guatemala or Mexico so there is little they can do at that point even as heartbreaking as that situation is. At that point it is more up to the policies and general safety conditions of all the countries involved. And yes there has been a lot of news coverage from the journey through Central America. But once the children are in custody it is 100% the responsibility of ICE and any other federal or state agencies involved, of any. So sad you have to bring partisan politics to this issue especially tying to speculate how a little girl will vote. Wow people here keep surprising me. Completely lost faith in humanity

Old 08-09-2019, 12:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Because I haven't heard about anything happening to employers where this has been a problem for years.
I have heard of fines and some prosecutions of employers. I don't disagree there needs to be more and I loath these employers, but on the other hand they are citizens and deserve more due process and benefit of the doubt than the illegals. You seem to favor illegals over citizens honestly.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:35 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Look the law is clear. If there is a court order for you to leave the country then it must be upheld. It's the way it's handled that I have a problem with. Kids are innocent and traumatizing innocent children is not the answer. Take them out of the country but do it in a humane way. Leaving kids with no parents is cruel and unnecessary. Stop the hate, it's not a productive emotion.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:36 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Maybe, but I never said I agree or not with ICE not arresting the employers, or releasing 300 maybe because they have an anchor baby? I just want all the illegals and their children including the anchor babies sent to their home country together.
Laughable how the poster you are replying to complains about these kids being separated from their parents when all those that had kids were released shortly to go back to be united with them. IMO, they shouldn't be able to use their kids as pawns to be released back into our society. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't with these liberal fools. Those kids were held in schools until their parents came back to get them so what's the big deal? It shouldn't matter if they were anchor babies or brought here illegally by their parents either no law breaker should get a pass just because they have kids.

As for the employers, I read a headline that said that ICE was targeting them along with these illegal aliens. If these illegals were sent back home because they have kids why shouldn't the employers be able to do also until their cases are heard? The pro-illegals never put any blame on the illegals themselves. They weren't dragged over our border to work here and break our laws. They are equally guilty of breaking the law. There is no innocent party here.

And yes, you are right there have been several employers who have been convicted of "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens so it's pure nonsense that that the employers are being given a pass.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:39 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post

Most of them come here to work and create a better life for their families...
Which makes them economic migrants, not political refugees eligible for asylum.

Unfortunately, nearly all of these economic migrants are falsely claiming refugee status in order to gain asylum. Pretending otherwise does little to resolve the issue.

Moreover...if there is one thing we're not suffering from, it's a shortage of economic migrants from Mexico and Central America. We already have tens of millions of them. They're all over the place. America may have a lot of problems, but a paucity of economic migrants from south of the border just ain't one of them.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:24 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
I have heard of fines and some prosecutions of employers. I don't disagree there needs to be more and I loath these employers, but on the other hand they are citizens and deserve more due process and benefit of the doubt than the illegals. You seem to favor illegals over citizens honestly.
I don't favor illegals over citizens. I just think both issues should be addressed. They cause trauma to these poor children by making a show of these raids, then do nothing or very little about the employers. Trump's organizations are as guilty as anybody. Big man, big mouth. How many years has he had illegals working at Mar-A-Lago and other places? Wasn't a problem until now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies