Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 04:32 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
It is crazy how you know what everybody's politics are.

so racists all do a deep dive into their politics with you prior to saying or doing something racist.

do they have t-shirts on that says I vote Republican or I'm a conservative.
Well, I know what the politics where in the area I grew up in. I know what the politics are where I live now. All I need to do is take a ride around the county and find many Trump 2020 signs. Walking around and finding a few people flying Confederate flags or sporting a Confederate flag license plate. I know what I'm around where I currently live. I know what I know about the area I went to middle school and high school at. I know what I lived around and experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 04:35 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I know what the politics where in the area I grew up in. I know what the politics are where I live now. All I need to do is take a ride around the county and find many Trump 2020 signs. Walking around and finding a few people flying Confederate flags or sporting a Confederate flag license plate. I know what I'm around where I currently live. I know what I know about the area I went to middle school and high school at. I know what I lived around and experienced.
wearing a Confederate shirt doesn't mean they are Republicans. you are making that assumption.

I live in SC and I rarely see a Confederate flag even in rural areas. I seen a ton of USA flags.

I'm around conservatives when minorities are not around and I don't hear them saying racist things. My experience contradicts your experience, and we know liberals make false accusations of racism.

They have even accused Nancy Pelosi of racism and she's on their side.

you guys think photo ID to vote is KKK stuff.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:14 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
wearing a Confederate shirt doesn't mean they are Republicans. you are making that assumption.

I live in SC and I rarely see a Confederate flag even in rural areas. I seen a ton of USA flags.
…....
Yeah. Here where I am the Stars and Bars guys are all Democrats and are the movers and shakers on the Central Committee.

Oh, they've allowed a couple minorities and gays to play but without any real power.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Obviously there was a need for welfare programs, else they would not have been implemented.
The unemployment rate doesn't say much. During slavery it was probably close to zero for blacks. But what's the point?!

In my view it has very little to do with single parenthood, but with the inherited lack of social standing, privileges, wealth etc.
Let's call it what it is. Bringing up Joe Biden's comment is yet another way for some people to say "Black people need to vote Repubican" or "Democrats bad, Republicans good". Yes, Joe Biden has said some things that he should not say. And no, I'm not a fan of Joe Biden. On ther other hand, I'm not going to support Trump either. Joe Biden's mouth does not make me want to support Trump. It isn't making me consider voting Republican.

The unemployment rate does not tell everything. At one time, 75-80% of the USA's Black population lived in the South. It was especially high in states like Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, etc. In the Deep South, agriculture was a big occupation. Sharecropping in the ubiquitous cotton fields, even after the boll weevil infestation, was a major occupation for many Blacks. One thing about sharecropping. It is very feudal. You farm a share of land, but you don't own it. The cost of the equipment , rent, and the seed comes out of your pay. You could end up making very little, or end up in debt. In raw numbers, there were more White sharecroppers than Black sharecroppers. However, Blacks had a higher percentage of its population working as sharecroppers. In Georgia, Black sharecroppers outnumbered Black farm owners 9 to 1.

What brought an end to sharecropping? Mechanized farming. More crops could be harvested with fewer people. This threw alot of people out of work. Many people had poorly paying work, and for some, debt incurring work. Once mechanization came, sharecroppers had to go elsewhere for work. And many people had a hard time finding work.

As a side note, I am a proponent of two parent homes. The most ideal environment for a child to be raised in is a strong, 2 parent home.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'm around conservatives when minorities are not around and I don't hear them saying racist things. My experience contradicts your experience, and we know liberals make false accusations of racism.

They have even accused Nancy Pelosi of racism and she's on their side.

you guys think photo ID to vote is KKK stuff.
Well, where I live, the persons who are the most likely to fly Confederate flags are Republicans. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. I'm talking about the things I have seen and observed for myself.

What area of South Carolina do you live in? I ask because I live in Georgia. I see Confederate flags flying in the part of Georgia I live in. I've been around people who have said racist things to my face. I don't know what kind of environment you live in, but it doesn't match the environment I lived in during the early 2000s. It certainly doesn't match what I've seen today.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:23 PM

'most likely' as in you are trying to read their minds but have no idea.

I don't think people are routinely saying racist things to you.

You can make any claim on the internet but nobody can independently corroborate it.

Your party says photo ID to vote is racist. i don't think it makes sense to let your party decide what is racist.

I have seen white and people interacting all the time in SC and other southern states with no issues. I've lived all over SC, rarely have seen a Confederate flag.

in SC, the Confederate flag was not on the state house until shortly after the segregationist liberal Democrat Fritz Hollings became governor. He was later pictured giving JFK a Confederate flag as a gift.

Biden was big buddies with Hollings and gushed over him when he died. Hollings never switched to the GOP.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 08-10-2019 at 05:32 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 05:23 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
This guy is a boob.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah. Here where I am the Stars and Bars guys are all Democrats and are the movers and shakers on the Central Committee.

Oh, they've allowed a couple minorities and gays to play but without any real power.
Not where I live. I have noticed that the more Democratic a county is, the far less likely I am to see Confederate flags flying. If I go into Cobb County, Fulton, DeKalb, I hardly ever see Confederate flags (besides at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, and it's just for historical show). Paulding County, Carroll County, Haralson County, I'm far more likely to see it out there. And those happen to be far more Republican counties.

There is a small town, called Trenton,GA, in Dade County,GA. Its city flag has the Confederate flag in it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trenton,_Georgia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dade_County,_Georgia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...ion_in_Georgia

That county voted for Trump to a tune of 80%. The last time a Democrat ever won Dade County was 1976, Jimmy Carter (who happens to be a Georgia native).

Old 08-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Here's the picture of Democrat Ernest Hollings giving JFK a Confederate flag in the 1960s.

Biden was a big fan of Hollings.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Old 08-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
'most likely' as in you are trying to read their minds but have no idea.

I don't think people are routinely saying racist things to you.

You can make any claim on the internet but nobody can independently corroborate it.

Your party says photo ID to vote is racist. i don't think it makes sense to let your party decide what is racist.

I have seen white and people interacting all the time in SC and other southern states with no issues. I've lived all over SC, rarely have seen a Confederate flag.

in SC, the Confederate flag was not on the state house until shortly after the segregationist liberal Democrat Fritz Hollings became governor. He was later pictured giving JFK a Confederate flag as a gift.

Biden was big buddies with Hollings and gushed over him when he died. Hollings never switched to the GOP.
Or most likely, I've grown up in a conservative Republican area. I have grown up around and interacted with people in that area. My claims come from what I've grown up with the people I've interacted with. You can't corroborate your claims any better than I can. In that case, your claims are no more credible than mine.

You've seen White and "what" people?

You've lived all over South Carolina. What specific parts of South Carolina? Name the cities you've lived in.

If Fritz Hollings was a segregationist, he was not a liberal. Don't try to pull that "liberals are the real racists" crap. I'm not falling for it, I've seen it before. Hollings might have never switched. Strom Thurmond did. Jesse Helms did. Trent Lott switched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies