Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 05:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No actually, it’s not. Stay on topic.
Yes actually, it is. Stay focused on the truth and care about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That’s because the joke made no sense.
Yet your support of false race card playing does?

Old 08-17-2019, 07:49 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If it discourages door-to-door solicitation, I’m all for it.
These were kids doing fundraising for their school. You're in favor of pulling a gun on a kid?

Old 08-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Anyone would side with the woman who pulled the gun on those teenagers, that shows moral bankruptcy on your part.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone would side with the woman who pulled the gun on those teenagers, that shows moral bankruptcy on your part.
lol Like your sense of morals is the standard.

A bunch of kids who weren't trained properly and not under adult supervision like they should have been were screwing around in her neighbors yard and not acting like they were conducting any business. Just being stupid boys. Of course she's going to think they might be up to no good. Harmless stupid kid actions done without thinking even with no ill will intended, is still stupid kid stuff.

That said, her reaction was way over the the top and hopefully the charges will stick.

"Kelly told the police that it didn't appear to her that the boys were selling anything, the report says. "They spent a good five minutes goofing off and screwing around in [the neighbor's] driveway and up around their house. That's not selling cards," she said, according to the report.
Neighbors told an officer that they saw the boys walking down the street, playing and running around, but "nothing out of the ordinary,"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/bl...rnd/index.html

Old 08-17-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Like your sense of morals is the standard.

A bunch of kids who weren't trained properly and not under adult supervision like they should have been were screwing around in her neighbors yard and not acting like they were conducting any business. Just being stupid boys. Of course she's going to think they might be up to no good. Harmless stupid kid actions done without thinking even with no ill will intended, is still stupid kid stuff.

That said, her reaction was way over the the top and hopefully the charges will stick.

"Kelly told the police that it didn't appear to her that the boys were selling anything, the report says. "They spent a good five minutes goofing off and screwing around in [the neighbor's] driveway and up around their house. That's not selling cards," she said, according to the report.
Neighbors told an officer that they saw the boys walking down the street, playing and running around, but "nothing out of the ordinary,"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/bl...rnd/index.html
I live in a subdivision where I've frequently seen kids cut through backyards, goof around in the street, and I've never seen anyone pull a gun on a kid. It's viewed as kids being kids. Maybe those kids were goofing around and being stupid. I was once a kid. I remember the days when I walked through yards to get to the neighborhood creek. I never once thought as a kid of some neighbor pulling a gun on me. I still maintain the standard that you should only pull out a gun when your life is in danger.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Just seemed a bit fishy, I have never had more than one or occasionally two, but never four. Then again I have a .357 mag near the door.
Well then, any time you see four youths together, you pull your gun to make a statement or either do some physical damage.. I suppose that's a normal reaction. Can't blame anyone then for not bothering to get along.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:23 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
My grandmothers neighbors get out guns when they see black solicitors, I’m not kidding. Frankly, it’s sad how racist some people continue to be in 2019.
The numbers don't matter either. Four or just one. Actually, a person being racist does not bother me at all. It's when they pull out their guns then claim their reaction has nothing to do with race or pretend they aren't racist at all. Having to pull a gun on a group, or just one person because statistics say people of their race are mostly violent criminals is just what it is.

Race is a major cause of distrust between people. History and statistics are always there to back that up.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...28835060203522

But you can't tell them that. They have convinced themselves otherwise by moving the goal post of what racism is....to either make it seem like everyone is racist.....or no one is racist. There is no need for anecdotes. There is history and studies. No one needs to base an argument or try to refute an argument based upon personal experiences. There is no debate. There is history and current studies. True, you don't know which incident is truly racist in cases like this....but likely more than a third of them are influenced by race.

https://psmag.com/news/a-fear-of-whi...merican-whites

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-17-2019 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in a subdivision where I've frequently seen kids cut through backyards, goof around in the street, and I've never seen anyone pull a gun on a kid. It's viewed as kids being kids. Maybe those kids were goofing around and being stupid. I was once a kid. I remember the days when I walked through yards to get to the neighborhood creek. I never once thought as a kid of some neighbor pulling a gun on me. I still maintain the standard that you should only pull out a gun when your life is in danger.

I agree. Lethal force is not a go to it is a last resort. If these kids were brandishing weapons and being overtly violent in their intentions that's different but they weren't. This woman acted plumb silly. Been watching to many movies for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies