U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2019, 01:35 AM
 
Location: California
1,533 posts, read 446,382 times
Reputation: 2698

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The mindset is not entirely irrational. Not only is the violent crime rate higher depending on the race also the interracial violent crime rate differs. Half of the time a black violent crime offender offends against a non-black victim. Whereas whites when they commit violent crime it's rarely against a black victim and usually a white person.

Believe it or not a lot of people have been or known of a victim of violent crime. All of the violent crime committed against people I personally know has been by black perpetrators.

I would go so far to say black people feel more "threatened" or "alarmed" by black people they encounter than they do whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know what you're saying. Some people just want to blame everything on white "racism".

A lot of people like I said have been victim of violent crime by a black perpetrator or personally know of people who have.

If there is a bias or some people overreact its not based on just nothing but prejudice.

Yes I believe there is something to this. Not everything is about race but about experiences people have had. But yes some people do over react like Zimmerman and that lady pulling a gun on that couple in the trailer park campground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2019, 06:06 AM
 
10,196 posts, read 6,968,726 times
Reputation: 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know what you're saying. Some people just want to blame everything on white "racism".

A lot of people like I said have been victim of violent crime by a black perpetrator or personally know of people who have.

If there is a bias or some people overreact its not based on just nothing but prejudice.
It does not matter how many times people say it......but no one is blaming everything on white racism. When a person starts their argument/rebuttal with a LIE, they should immediately be seen as a suspect in the crime of guilt or ignorance. It's a total lie that anyone here is blaming EVERYTHING on white racism. Point them out!

Again, the parable. Someone stole a laptop computer. Later, the person who stole the laptop is in a room with 10 other people. Someone then comes and says "Someone in this room stole a laptop". One of the people in the room then says "He is calling ALL OF US thieves. They are just looking to blame anyone".

Which person in the room likely said that......the thief or the 10 innocent?

When people turn an assertion or claim against some into a paraphrased assertion of ALL or EVERYTHING....you need look no further for the guilt parties, usually. I cannot tell you how common that is for people to do. "All your problems are not due to racism". Nobody ever said they were. "They think everything is racism"! Quote and point out who said this. Give examples. One, at the very least, would need access to all their thoughts to conclude that everyone of them that was inter-racial had racism assumed.

Some people just do not want give racism its due. The reason being is that to acquiesce to the idea that racism has been or is a legit impediment to black progress means that you cannot argue that they are behind due to being innately inferior. It also means that your political ideology is based upon a flawed paradigm of how things work. In other words, it gives justification for liberal ideas and policies, which are the enemy of conservatism. Admitting racism is admitting the need for liberalism and offering other explanation for lagging besides innate inferiority. This is why some conservatives and racist are hell bent to play down racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:41 AM
 
744 posts, read 130,251 times
Reputation: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Really?

Black on black and white on white violent crime is the norm. You are spreading falsehoods. The incidents of black on white crime is minimal. Do you need references for this?

In fact, hate crimes were predominately committed by white Americans.

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Report database, in 2010 58.6% of reported hate crime offenders were white, 18.4% of offenders were black, 8.9% were of individuals of multiple races and 1% of offenders were Native Americans.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2010/...2010-offenders
The people holding the guns and quick to react don't give much attention to that news because some have no problem with hate crimes. In fact, they don't believe anything should be called a hate crime, that all crime is the same. They spend lots of time watching violence in movies and news reports along with all types of social media to sort and sift through, eventually gathering what they feel is enough evidence to back up their claims. Then when and if they run into the type of person they've seen in the news, they are armed and ready.

If anyone here can remember, the movie culture has been embedded with a whole lot of propaganda which spread fast into our lives. How? It started on us as teens, now even younger and can't be fixed now because, heck, everybody's racist. That's what the parents, the schools, the movies, and the culture has been feeding from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 10:32 AM
 
52,390 posts, read 42,142,715 times
Reputation: 32712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Grew up in Alabama with family in Little Rock. You couldn't pay me to live there and that is all you need to know.
Thank you, that first sentence explains A LOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,066 posts, read 2,823,637 times
Reputation: 7334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
The same reason the portrayed Trayvon Martin as a young child rather as an adult. They seem more innocent when referred to as children. I'll bet there is more to this story than meets the eye.
Trayvon was 17 so he wasn't a adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM
 
Location: California
30,839 posts, read 33,706,183 times
Reputation: 26299
I wouldn't put a gun on anyone but trust me when I say I wouldn't even open the door if I saw 4 teen boys of any color out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM
 
3,207 posts, read 1,616,791 times
Reputation: 3331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wouldn't put a gun on anyone but trust me when I say I wouldn't even open the door if I saw 4 teen boys of any color out there.
Yup. Don't open the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:13 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,087 posts, read 11,373,247 times
Reputation: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It does not matter how many times people say it......but no one is blaming everything on white racism. When a person starts their argument/rebuttal with a LIE, they should immediately be seen as a suspect in the crime of guilt or ignorance. It's a total lie that anyone here is blaming EVERYTHING on white racism. Point them out!

Again, the parable. Someone stole a laptop computer. Later, the person who stole the laptop is in a room with 10 other people. Someone then comes and says "Someone in this room stole a laptop". One of the people in the room then says "He is calling ALL OF US thieves. They are just looking to blame anyone".

Which person in the room likely said that......the thief or the 10 innocent?

When people turn an assertion or claim against some into a paraphrased assertion of ALL or EVERYTHING....you need look no further for the guilt parties, usually. I cannot tell you how common that is for people to do. "All your problems are not due to racism". Nobody ever said they were. "They think everything is racism"! Quote and point out who said this. Give examples. One, at the very least, would need access to all their thoughts to conclude that everyone of them that was inter-racial had racism assumed.

Some people just do not want give racism its due. The reason being is that to acquiesce to the idea that racism has been or is a legit impediment to black progress means that you cannot argue that they are behind due to being innately inferior. It also means that your political ideology is based upon a flawed paradigm of how things work. In other words, it gives justification for liberal ideas and policies, which are the enemy of conservatism. Admitting racism is admitting the need for liberalism and offering other explanation for lagging besides innate inferiority. This is why some conservatives and racist are hell bent to play down racism.
It's played down because it isn't a big factor in society except for those who use it as a crutch for handouts and special favors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,087 posts, read 11,373,247 times
Reputation: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Really?

Black on black and white on white violent crime is the norm. You are spreading falsehoods. The incidents of black on white crime is minimal. Do you need references for this?

In fact, hate crimes were predominately committed by white Americans.
According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Report database, in 2010 58.6% of reported hate crime offenders were white, 18.4% of offenders were black, 8.9% were of individuals of multiple races and 1% of offenders were Native Americans.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2010/...2010-offenders
lol First you say violent crime, then you say hate crime. The hate crime numbers you used are close to the population percentages

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; Yesterday at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM
 
37,753 posts, read 16,353,863 times
Reputation: 8561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Like your sense of morals is the standard.

A bunch of kids who weren't trained properly and not under adult supervision like they should have been were screwing around in her neighbors yard and not acting like they were conducting any business. Just being stupid boys. Of course she's going to think they might be up to no good. Harmless stupid kid actions done without thinking even with no ill will intended, is still stupid kid stuff.

That said, her reaction was way over the the top and hopefully the charges will stick.

"Kelly told the police that it didn't appear to her that the boys were selling anything, the report says. "They spent a good five minutes goofing off and screwing around in [the neighbor's] driveway and up around their house. That's not selling cards," she said, according to the report.
Neighbors told an officer that they saw the boys walking down the street, playing and running around, but "nothing out of the ordinary,"


https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/bl...rnd/index.html

"“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.
― Jesse Jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top