Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:14 PM

19,767 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
Depends on what you do.

I have 1950’s target .22 Winchester rifles. That’s my dedicated target rifle.

I have a .28 ga small bore shotgun for small upland birds.

I have 2 20ga shotguns for upland birds- one is mine the other my wife’s.

I have 2 12ga goose guns. Ones a primary the other a back-up. You shoot a lot on ducks and geese so when one gets fouled I grab the other.

I’ve got a 7mm-mag for hunting mule deer and elk.

I’ve got a .45-70 Marlin for hunting mule deer and elk in Griz country (or camping).

I have a .257 AI and my wife has a .257 Roberts for whitetail and mule deer.

I carry a .357 when I hike cause of humans, mans best friend and large kitty-Kats.

I have a .44 mag for Griz country.

I’ve got a few .22 pistols for plinking and varmints.

They’re like golf clubs. Each designed for a purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 06:15 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
It is an option often recommended by experts. Much better than a gun, and legal in all 50 states:
CA compliant whistle can only be heard by anti-gun politicians.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:43 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes in a Utopia all the above will work. Like Boxer saying all the police have to do is put their guns down and the bad guys will too. Hahahaha

I'm sorry but your post is a bit comical. I have never met a bully that could or would be reasoned with. The same is true of most thugs. Do you honestly believe that Michael Brown would have been intimidated by a loud whistle? He attacked a police officer with no concern about consequences. All your measures work great with rational reasonable people.. Dialog techniques? lmao.
Since he can't blind them with brilliance, he will try to baffle them with BS.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
This is bound to get political very fast so I thought I would put it here.

I could hear the disappointment in his voice, she's gone again, his mind questioning why.

Oh, well! Like it has been said ............. ROMANA (II): One for casual, one for best.

So how about your family?
They like it- usually they want to shoot it to try it out. My wife does not like guns, but the "kids" (adults now) all really like them.

The boys have about a dozen each themselves and my daughter only has about five.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:50 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Depends on what you do.

I have 1950’s target .22 Winchester rifles. That’s my dedicated target rifle.

I have a .28 ga small bore shotgun for small upland birds.

I have 2 20ga shotguns for upland birds- one is mine the other my wife’s.

I have 2 12ga goose guns. Ones a primary the other a back-up. You shoot a lot on ducks and geese so when one gets fouled I grab the other.

I’ve got a 7mm-mag for hunting mule deer and elk.

I’ve got a .45-70 Marlin for hunting mule deer and elk in Griz country (or camping).

I have a .257 AI and my wife has a .257 Roberts for whitetail and mule deer.

I carry a .357 when I hike cause of humans, mans best friend and large kitty-Kats.

I have a .44 mag for Griz country.

I’ve got a few .22 pistols for plinking and varmints.

They’re like golf clubs. Each designed for a purpose.

Those .45-70s are ass kickers. The shells have a trajectory like a basketball, though. It is surprising how little kick they have with that massive bullet- real fun to shoot.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:50 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
This made me laugh.

You must live in a very nice area.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
So all the women who have been raped and murdered just didn't do a good enough job talking their attacker out of it.

Firearms allow a 110 pound woman to defend herself from a 6' 7" linebacker.

I'll be taking my 13-year-old to a gun range pretty soon.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:53 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
Best of luck!!!!

Old 08-18-2019, 06:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This made me laugh.

You must live in a very nice area.
"Pardon me sir, if you rape and murder me you'll most likely go to jail and be riddled with guilt."

Attacker as he beats her and starts ripping off her clothes, "Shut the #%*€ up you stupid @$%#!"

Old 08-18-2019, 06:59 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Don't be a Diane DeGette!

Quote:
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
You obviously are not familiar with firearms, based on that statement.

How many pairs of shoes do you have???

FYI not all firearms are the same!

One gun does not cover all uses.

why have more than a screwdriver and a hammer in your tool box to maintain your home??????

please educate yourself. Don't be a Diane DeGette!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies