Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 07:42 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Hilarious to see "woke" companies squirm when it starts impacting the bottom line. Never will buy Gillette again. Hopefully other companies will learn before they enter the SJW abyss.
The WOKE SJW stance of many companies is backfiring. They think Americans only live in NYC and L.A. They are sadly mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 07:55 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah the toxic masculinity ad was the reason Gillette lost customers. Not obscene pricing, stupid upgrades nobody called for, competition from lower cost razor companies like Harry's or Bromley (I can vouch for Bromley), subscription services like Dollar Shave Club or Shave Mob (I tried it but their blades cut me worse than a DE) and those that have switched to safety razors or straight razors. No it HASTA be political...
p&g took a 12 billion impairment write down. in the very best case scenario for them the article simply failed to attract business. you don't take a risk like they did and not expect a payoff. even in the best case scenario it was a total failure.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Gillette should fire Grey Advertising and the dopes at Gillette who bought into, or came up with, the idea.

This is why companies hire marketing research experts before spending a lot of money on advertising. They apparently didn't know who to call.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:06 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
CNN posted a classic fake news article on this in January

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/busin...ock/index.html

Quote:
It's not unusual for P&G advertisements to address social issues. More brands may soon follow suit, because many customers want to see strong stands on politically charged topics like race, immigration, gay rights, guns and the environment

"The 'woke' business strategy will be big theme in 2019, as that's where the money is," Scott Galloway, founder of the business research firm Gartner L2 and a professor of marketing at New York University Stern School of Business, told CNN Business last week.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Amazing that conservatives are still so butthurt over a commercial. It must have done it’s job. Gillette will be fine. I’m proud to use their products.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Talking about getting a back slap of reality. Gillette is withdrawing its toxic masculinity adverts.

https://twitter.com/pwafork/status/1164403312210280448

Get Woke Go Broke: Gillette Backflips After $12 Billion Toxic Masculinity Disaster — Hopes to Lure Sexist Pigs Back with New Ad Campaign

(of course the US media hopes you don't notice)
So again I will ask, name the specific detail of the Gillette commercial you had a problem with ?

Old 08-22-2019, 08:59 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Are you sure that at least some of these losses aren't due to just about every guy growing a beard these days?

Gillette has been on the decline for at least the last three years. It's not like the ad campaign caused a 12 billion dollar loss overnight.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Gillette should fire Grey Advertising and the dopes at Gillette who bought into, or came up with, the idea.

This is why companies hire marketing research experts before spending a lot of money on advertising. They apparently didn't know who to call.
What is sad is that people had a problem with Gillette's add in the first place. All this does is prove a point that people defend bad people if they themselves have ever mad a similar mistake.

If you disagree, tell me what specifically you disagreed with in the Gillette ad ?

Old 08-22-2019, 09:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What is sad is that people had a problem with Gillette's add in the first place. All this does is prove a point that people defend bad people if they themselves have ever mad a similar mistake.

If you disagree, tell me what specifically you disagreed with in the Gillette ad ?
My apologies and no offense, but I'm not going to explain myself to someone who believes manufactured phrases like *toxic masculinity*. We wouldn't get anywhere.

They were pandering to a very small percentage of the population, which generally backfires. Someone who knows better didn't have the cajones to tell them so.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:25 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
If Gillette made the only razors on earth I would end up looking like Phil Robertson from duck dynasty. Of course maybe all the effeminate leftists in California and the PNW will buy enough razors to keep em afloat. Maybe Gillette should start selling tampons LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies