Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 11:53 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm saying it is. So there.

I have no intention of taking a life just because I buy a gun. If I have to kill a home invader with a hammer, bee spray, or a lamp then I'll use that if possible.

We're treading on a communist theme here where goods/services get classified for production/distribution purposes.

See Mother Russia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consum...e_Soviet_Union

If you're comfortable with a government goon knocking on your door making sure you're eating those bananas you purchased as classified by the State (instead of praying to them or using them as a paper weight) then I suppose this is a good first step.

I could be destitute or own all the nukes in the world and my end game would be the same: non-aggression and respect for property rights.

It's all about the user, not the object.
YOU don't have an intention of taking a life when you buy a gun. Most people don't. But some do.

Nobody buys booze with that intention.

And stop going off topic with the same drum banging. The topic is the hypocrisy of Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 11:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
When?
I am All Kinds of down with society looking at its dysfunctional relationship with alcohol. What does that have to do with Walmart OR guns?

Old 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Says the poster who blows a gasket when a baker refuses to sell a cake to a gay couple.
says the poster who freaks out over the "war on christmas"

Old 09-04-2019, 11:56 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
They are no longer selling auto parts. They're trying to reduce traffic deaths.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Please point to those posts because I must have missed them and would love to see him freak out over the war on Christmas.

I think you're confusing him with some other dope.

Hey No_Recess - just trying to help.

You're welcome!

Old 09-04-2019, 11:58 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Idk. When will people stop using false equivalencies in place of sound logic?

Guessing Wal mart will stop selling alcohol around the same time.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:59 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,694 times
Every freedom, right, or principle has a cost.

Instead of arguing what about this, what about that, oh yeah this, oh yeah that, why can't the gun lobby just admit that they value the right to own guns over the lives of people who are killed by guns? It's a hard reality, but it's true, and it's true for everything.

We, as a nation, value the convenience of cars over the lives that could be saved if there were no cars. We, as a nation, value the enjoyment derived from drinking alcohol and the freedom to choose what we put in our bodies over the lives of drunks and their families, and the lives they destroy with their alcoholism and the people they run over while drunk driving.

I am pro choice. I do think fetuses are alive. But I value the principle of a right to privacy and the principle that the government shouldn't control procreation over the lives of unborn fetuses. It's a hard truth to come to terms with but that's what it is. I value the right of due process over justice. I'd rather have a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man convicted - or frankly one citizen's home searched without a warrant. I think all drugs should be legal and taxed. I think prostitution should be decriminalized. If enacted, those decision would have a cost.

Principles have a cost.

The gun lobby needs to grow a pair and admit - they value their guns and their right to own guns over the lives of people killed by guns. All the stats and rationalizations and blah blah blah militia - that's what it comes down to. You can't have guns without the risk of people getting killed by guns, and that's a risk pro-gun people find acceptable. If it makes you uncomfortable to say, maybe your convictions aren't as strong as you think.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
YOU don't have an intention of taking a life when you buy a gun. Most people don't. But some do.

Nobody buys booze with that intention.

And stop going off topic with the same drum banging. The topic is the hypocrisy of Walmart.
I don't have an argument if I can't beat my drum.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Idk. When will people stop using false equivalencies in place of sound logic?

Guessing Wal mart will stop selling alcohol around the same time.
When will people realize that guns, cigs, donuts, alcohol, etc aren't capable of forming mens rea.

Even the government wouldn't bring charges against a 6-pack of Coors Light. Well, I don't think so. It's the government after all.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
I know who you're confusing him with - NJMann. Take a scroll:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=37400443
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies