Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 02:23 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,898,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
There is no, "which is it?" in what I wrote. You ATTACKED business owners making more, demanding more for their employees. Well the truth is is many cases, due to government interference with the market, many employees aren't worth what they are being paid. This, due to the price structure of basic and advanced economics, causes one or several of the following: Less employees doing more work, increased prices for goods and services provided, less capital gains for investors who invested in that business, and finally (even though this list is far from complete, it just touches on the basics) a move by the business to automate as many tasks as it can to reduce labor and benefit costs.

Personally, I give a tinker's damn about the education costs incurred by the employee as that was a CHOICE they made. I see very few unemployed people with the following education: Chemical Engineers, Chemists with a master's, electrical engineers, physicists, mathematicians, statisticians, registered nurses, physician's assistants, geologists with either a BS or MS, pharmacists with a MS, doctors, surgeons, nuclear physicists, physical therapists with a MS or PhD, even good mechanics with proper certifications, especially heavy equipment mechanics, GOOD carpenters and GOOD plumbers/pipe fitters and on and on...

What you want is for people at Target, Walmart, the GAP, mall type stores, fast food, etc., to make serious money when the FACT is they typically aren't worth the money they make and there is a reason they are employed in the places they work, be it due to a lack of social skills, a lack of common sense, etc.

The fact that an RN (minimum BSN preferred MSN) with a CEN, ICU cert and certs for cath lab procedures can demand and get earnings of 80K in rural America and even much higher in certain large city markets like Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, NYC, or just about any other major city indicates these people have skills and provide value to their employer, where ever they are. A PA (physician's assistant) can demand and get 100K to 120K in rural America. Anyone with the mental and physical capacity can train in those fields or any of the others I mentioned above. But don't even try to think that their employers are only earning a similar amount, because they aren't. They earn MUCH more and they're worth every penny they earn.

I absolutely despise people who try to suggest life isn't fair when each of us, as long as we have the mental and physical ability, can train for and find a good paying job IF they only tried, rather than sitting on their collective, worthless asses, complaining about how it isn't fair that they aren't making more.

Life is about choices and sacrifices. If we make the correct choices and sacrifices, we succeed. Employers, actual business owners go even a step further because they first must risk their savings, and/or take out risky loans, hoping that they succeed, that their business succeeds, and IF they hire someone, hoping and praying that person(s) treats the business as if they themselves had risked everything to make that business succeeds. More times than not, what they end up with is people like YOU. People who think they are entitled simply because they exist.

Stop demanding a "right" to leech off society and start actually working toward earning what you get from society.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
That is quite the rant. I think some people's income is lower and some are higher to a large degree because of manipulating the market. If for example, the nursing profession was under the same market conditions as say a retailer worker, they'd probably be earning about the same. Some of the most terrible and despicable people I met were nurses and those in the medical field. What a person earns and what their income is doesn't often correlate. A lot of big business owners and managers are rent seekers and aren't all that deserving and noble. They are more wealth consuming than wealth producing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 07:55 PM

814 posts, read 671,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
UBI won't replace SNAP or WIC or unemployment benefits.

It's a possible replacement to those on SSI who opt out and extra cash in the pockets of those not on SSI.

Also an individual be eligible for State financial assistance.

Thank you.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Those cheaper goods and services do come at a cost to brick-and-mortar retail employment.

Which is a HUMONGOUS share of the new jobs created since the past of couple of decades.

Once that is gone, what is going to take up the slack?

Apparently someone here thinks for every job lost to automation there's a replacement LOL.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:33 PM

18,870 posts, read 8,518,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Apparently someone here thinks for every job lost to automation there's a replacement LOL.
There may be, since we can't know the future. But losing one job and taking on another can be a huge problem. There's the serendipity of timing where one line of jobs may be fading while others are emerging. Then there may be a necessary period of retraining. And very possibly having to uproot and move to where the new jobs arise.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There may be, since we can't know the future. But losing one job and taking on another can be a huge problem. There's the serendipity of timing where one line of jobs may be fading while others are emerging. Then there may be a necessary period of retraining. And very possibly having to uproot and move to where the new jobs arise.

While all those logistics need to be considered the business plan of the modern day company is to downsize employees,utilize automation, and increase output. Any business not adhering to this is on the downside of the tipping point.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:21 AM

105 posts, read 61,731 times
I called Technological Unemployment (TU) a PANDEMIC in another thread and I was correct.

Think about TU like it's a Pandemic.
Whats the R0?
Whats the R Naught?
This thing will spread like wildfire.

NorCal77 is correct about the lost jobs never returning.

There will never be a time when we bring back coding, accounting, finance, adjusting, teaching, higher education, administration, middle management, gov employees, transportation jobs, etc., etc., because those ships have already sailed.
They are gone, bye, bye.
Their skeletons may still be hanging around but the base to support them is completely hollow.

Think 1980's outsourcing but at a world wide level.
We are currently outsourcing our labor to AI, automation and robotics.

It is happening NOW, not tomorrow.

Same for the middle class, they are gone forever, they just don't know it yet.
That category will never return.

We will be left with the haves and the have nots.
Nobody will be in the middle.
There will be no more middle.

We must do something to bailout the 50% of Americans that are about to lose all they have worked for because the other 50% has nothing left to lose.
We don't have any assets left, but you do.
Who do you think will lose out when the next bubble breaks. Not me or mine thats for sure.

Yes, I'm talking about you c*cky ba$ta*ds that are making more than minimum wage and think you have got it made because you are employed and invested and probably in debt up to your eyeballs.

YOU are about to lose everything but UBI will keep you from having to move back in with your mothers.
(Much love to Mothers)

UBI is the best shot you have to not end up like we did, broke and quazi-homeless.

Stick that in your vape and vape it!

Ruff

Last edited by lifeisruff; 09-11-2019 at 03:13 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,639,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
The US takes in $7 Trillion annually.
Where does that number come from?

OPM reports that in 2018 federal revenue was $3.33 trillion. You must be talking about something different.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,732,134 times
Outside of minimum wage or UBI what other options are out there to inflate the economy?

I feel those $150K or less are middle to low area of yearly income in the U.S.

Do feel like that should be some type of credit to strengthen economical this area of individuals.

I don't feel raising the minimum wage is the answer. To balance out any cedits given to these individuals in this income bracket should do away with tax returns. Make taxes flat, fair, and balanced. See a middle percentage VAT, a low flat income tax, and a small increase in minimum wage of doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies