Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times

Advertisements

Has anyone making a false claim such as this ever been penalized legally? I don't think they have.

27,307 posts, read 16,260,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Exactly what happened.
Racism, racism!!! Gimme money.

19,897 posts, read 9,453,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The media never faces consequences
Maybe it is time they did!

Old 09-30-2019, 05:04 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,978,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Has anyone making a false claim such as this ever been penalized legally? I don't think they have.
At the absolute least, she needs to be expelled. The school must have some type of honor code or behavior code.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,978,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Maybe it is time they did!
The media is allowed to lie to the public. Welcome to the US.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
At the absolute least, she needs to be expelled. The school must have some type of honor code or behavior code.
Given the principal's statement, she will not be expelled.

Quote:
“We’re grateful to the Fairfax County Police Department for their diligent work to investigate these allegations,” Danish said in the statement. “While we are relieved to hear the truth and bring the events of the past few days to a close, we also feel tremendous pain for the victims and the hurt on both sides of this conflict. We recognize that we now enter what will be a long season of healing.”

This ordeal has revealed that we as a school family are not immune from the effects of deep racial wounds in our society. We view this incident as an opportunity to be part of a learning and healing process, and we will continue to support the students and families involved,” the statement added.

Deep racial wounds? Against.....black folks? And that's why they're accusing white people of crimes they didn't commit?

WTH is he saying?

Until people pay some steep price for these things, they won't stop doing what they're doing.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:32 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
Anyone who initially believed this, including those posters who had ideas about what to do to the boys, I really need to know why you believed is so much? I mean, sure say "huh..maybe, let's see what happens" but it's often straight to the Guilty phase with the punishments being called for. It's not just when hoax crimes happen either, it's flipping EVERYTHING.

I'm asking because THIS is the real danger in our country, the inability to think critically about anything the media throws in your face. It's not as if you've never seen a hoax like this before, they appear monthly, so why can't you teach yourselves to be skeptical of people, and a media YOU SHOULD KNOW, is all about clickbait and divisiveness. What exactly will it take to raise the consciousness of our citizens to the point where I can have a conversation with people without wondering why the hell people i know are so stupid? I don't want to think that about people! It's even one of the reasons I closed my FB account.

Do you actually WANT this to be reality? Do you crave the outrage? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I await your answer

Old 09-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
Really? I had no trouble thinking and writing that I instantly saw it as a hoax. See post #2.

So we are being cowed into silence now? So terribly afraid of being called a racist? Such a scary word, huh?

That girl demonstrated loudly and clearly that she is more racist than you will (probably), ever be.

Why is no one pointing out her racism?
I'm not "cowed" into silence, it's just that I don't want to chase negative thoughts. I really would feel sad if I said something like this doesn't seem right, seems like she's making this up, and then 3 days later they arrest the boys and it's all true.

You see so many people on the internet, for example, when a child goes missing from a campground and people line up to say polygraph the parents, uh huh, sure that kid was there, etc., that it just seems sad. I don't want to add to the negativity.

And to be truthful, I don't want to be wrong, and feel guilty disparaging someone who is a struggling victim.

But yes. This story didn't smell right.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:38 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,582,487 times
Second poster called it a hoax which proves we should all be wary of these racist ploys.

Unfortunately, most people will never hear this was a hoax and will still believe it happened.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Given the principal's statement, she will not be expelled.

Deep racial wounds? Against.....black folks? And that's why they're accusing white people of crimes they didn't commit?

WTH is he saying?

Until people pay some steep price for these things, they won't stop doing what they're doing.
It's an interesting question, what should be done with pretend victims? This does seem to be something that adolescent girls OFTEN do, from the time of the Salem Witch Trials up to now. They create victim status for themselves because victim girls get so much attention.

She clearly suffers from some kind of instability - would it do society good to further humiliate her? From now until she dies, everyone who knows her will remember her as the girl who lied about being assaulted.

I don't know what should be done. But I'm no stranger to adolescent girls pretending to be victims.

And I do hope that the parents in the community warn their sons and daughters to steer clear of her - because she's dangerous. She couldn't be more dangerous if she held a grenade in her hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies