Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 03:27 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Maybe she learned from jussie?

Old 09-30-2019, 03:29 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
The parents, thinking they had hit the jackpot, went immediately to the press and started talking to lawyers before actually looking at what was claimed.
Exactly what happened.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If this actually happened (and I personally think it did), and those boys are not expelled, I can see a huge (and justifiable) protest, as well as a huge lawsuit.

It is very difficult to imagine that in today's world, that this would have been allowed to happen -- and, yes, I do blame the school staff and the boys' parents, but mostly the boys. They are old enough to know right from wrong, and there is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. In fact, they should be sent to some kind of "alternative" school for a year instead of being allowed to continue in any kind of school for privileged kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The boys need to be expelled. At the age of 12 kids who shoplift candy bars get in trouble with the law so I do think the law should get involved if there is enough evidence that they held her down, covered her mouth, called her names and cut her hair because that is assault. I’m not proposing time in Juvie because I think that’d be counterproductive but rather some sort of community service or other form of restitution to help them understand that they never can do something like this again because if you think of three grown men holding down a woman, calling her names, covering her mouth and cutting her hair, it paints a really bad picture and no one wants them to turn into those guys as adults.
And of course your all's opinion/statement about these boys applies to the girl that lied, right?

Old 09-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Y'know, I think pretty much all of felt this.

I did, but who in the world wants to say it? Not me. But it just didn't ring true.

If she'd said a few mean girls cut her hair, we all get that. Yep. That happens.

This whole 3 boys who kept stealing her lunch money assaulted her and cut her hair but almost none of it was actually cut off, during school recess, doesn't pass the sniff test.

Glad it was figured out so quickly.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I did, but who in the world wants to say it? Not me. But it just didn't ring true.

If she'd said a few mean girls cut her hair, we all get that. Yep. That happens.

This whole 3 boys who kept stealing her lunch money assaulted her and cut her hair but almost none of it was actually cut off, during school recess, doesn't pass the sniff test.

Plenty of us said it right away in this thread. Given the number of hoaxes, which outweigh the actual crimes, it's just common sense to question every accusation now.

Old 09-30-2019, 04:35 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If this actually happened (and I personally think it did), and those boys are not expelled, I can see a huge (and justifiable) protest, as well as a huge lawsuit.

It is very difficult to imagine that in today's world, that this would have been allowed to happen -- and, yes, I do blame the school staff and the boys' parents, but mostly the boys. They are old enough to know right from wrong, and there is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. In fact, they should be sent to some kind of "alternative" school for a year instead of being allowed to continue in any kind of school for privileged kids.
Guess your wrong!

Old 09-30-2019, 04:56 PM

500 posts, read 319,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Really? I had no trouble thinking and writing that I instantly saw it as a hoax. See post #2.

So we are being cowed into silence now? So terribly afraid of being called a racist? Such a scary word, huh?

That girl demonstrated loudly and clearly that she is more racist than you will (probably), ever be.

Why is no one pointing out her racism?

Old 09-30-2019, 05:00 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
She needs to be brought up on charges, plus thrown out from that private school.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:00 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe she learned from jussie?

Or tawanna.........

Old 09-30-2019, 05:01 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
She needs to be brought up on charges, plus thrown out from that private school.
The media never faces consequence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies