Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 11:49 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Wow.

I'm literally the world biggest cynic and I honestly thought this story was true ... based entirely on the girl crying in the video news report. I thought she was credible.

I'm honestly shocked at this one.
I’m pretty cautious myself with the stories that I was giving her the benefit of the doubt as well. It seems like the stories are nearly always a hoax.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:55 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...
1. Buying into a story and climbing onto your pulpit because you like the racial angle instead of waiting for facts? Free.
2. Trying to make it political by mentioning Pence? Free.
3. Crawling away shamelessly without admitting what you did was really wrong? Priceless.

P.S. Imagine what this girl will be like later in life, willing to level false claims at people for her own motivations and gain? Certainly useful if you need someone to take a political opponent out at the knees.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:56 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I’m pretty cautious myself with the stories that I was giving her the benefit of the doubt as well. It seems like the stories are nearly always a hoax.
I went and rewatched the initial news video in the first post just to see what I might've missed.

Girl should get an academy award for her performance.

Also, this was a SEVEN minute news report on that local station. SEVEN MINUTES. I hope they give equal time in the reporting that this was a hoax. I won't hold my breath though.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
How many times have we seen people crying and lying? Stop falling for it and pay attention to the cues.

The story made little sense to begin with, but say you bought into boys bringing scissors out on the playground and doing something so bad that they would get into big trouble for it.....

Did you notice the way she was looking down every time her grandmother spoke? Red flag for me.

The bigger tell was when I read her statement about what they had allegedly said. They called her hair ugly and nappy? White adults don't use that word - let alone white kids.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM

After watching the video, reporter is asked how she found the story ... apparently she knew the family.

At this point I have to wonder if the reporter wasn't in on the hoax from the beginning.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
After watching the video, reporter is asked how she found the story ... apparently she knew the family.

At this point I have to wonder if the reporter wasn't in on the hoax from the beginning.
Wouldn't that discredit her? I don't think she was in on it, but she did buy into it.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Wouldn't that discredit her? I don't think she was in on it, but she did buy into it.
I'm willing to believe anything now about this story because I fell for the girl's croccodile tears, hook, line and sinker.

Maybe Corn Pop cut her dreds.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'm willing to believe anything now about this story because I fell for the girl's croccodile tears, hook, line and sinker.

Maybe Corn Pop cut her dreds.

LOL! Come down from the ledge, you'll get it right next time.

A statement from her family in this article.

https://www.essence.com/news/amari-a...ol-dreadlocks/

Last edited by MPowering1; 09-30-2019 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Corrected the link

Old 09-30-2019, 12:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...
No further comment?

How many times will you fall for this?

Most "racist attacks" are hoaxes, because there is very little racism.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:29 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
Default Girl Who Claimed 3 White Boys Attacked Her Admits to Making it All Up

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/gi...ing-it-all-up/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies