Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:33 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

This stands out to me:

Quote:
The soft-spoken preteen didn't tell her family what happened until Wednesday -- two days after the incident when her grandmother, Cynthia Allen, noticed a difference in the length of her hair.
How in the hell do the parents not notice a difference in their own daughter's hair? How is that even possible? Anything I did to my hair, my mother noticed, immediately. I can't wrap my mind around the idea that her own parents didn't notice anything for 2 days? Did no one see this girl for 2 fricken days?

Old 09-27-2019, 12:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Her quotes of what the boys said is ONE of the things I find so unrealistic. It's pinging my Jussometer.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:38 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't buy it for one second. Calling hoax.
IIRC, your prediction record on this kind of thing is pretty stellar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Her quotes of what the boys said is ONE of the things I find so unrealistic. It's pinging my Jussometer.
lol. that deserves its own dictionary entry

Old 09-27-2019, 12:47 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
IIRC, your prediction record on this kind of thing is pretty stellar..
I'd say thanks, but calling this stuff is like predicting the Sun rising in the East tomorrow. It is pretty easy to be right when the pattern is so rock solid reliable.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
I'd say thanks, but calling this stuff is like predicting the Sun rising in the East tomorrow. It is pretty easy to be right when the pattern is so rock solid reliable.
Now the sun is racist. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:09 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
I'm not quite sure I can believe this one. Where at the school did it happen and why are there no other witnesses? Why did the parent/grandparent go to the media? What kids carry scissors on the playground?

Old 09-27-2019, 01:14 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This stands out to me:

How in the hell do the parents not notice a difference in their own daughter's hair? How is that even possible? Anything I did to my hair, my mother noticed, immediately. I can't wrap my mind around the idea that her own parents didn't notice anything for 2 days? Did no one see this girl for 2 fricken days?
My question was how do parents not notice this girl suffered the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to her especially knowing she has been bullied previously by these same boys one of which had been her friend as well as the hair:

" Amari’s mom explained that this was not the first time her daughter had been subjected to bullying by these three classmates. Throughout the school year, the boys have allegedly been “taking her lunch every single day and calling her names.” Amari admitted she initially denied that anyone cut her hair out of fear of retaliation. The three boys—including one that used to be her friend—are in six of her classes and she said she was afraid they “would come after me.”

And did the family speak to the school at any time throughout the school year about the same boys taking their daughters lunch and calling her names every single day.

I also noticed among various articles that her story differed somewhat. For example from they pushed me to the ground and held me down to they kind of boxed me in and held my arms. Of course that could be reporting.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I'm not quite sure I can believe this one. Where at the school did it happen and why are there no other witnesses? Why did the parent/grandparent go to the media? What kids carry scissors on the playground?
Going to the media is suspicious.

Grant it, people are psychotic but if my granddaughter or daughter was just attacked at school, especially a private school where the government has lesser oversight, I would be totally focused on her mental and physical well-being so she can get back to learning and being a kid ASAP...in a different environment of course.

Plus the acting job in the clip needs work. At least get some lessons. I hear Joaquin Phoenix is dynamite in the movie Joker. Maybe he'll throw you a pro bono bone.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:20 PM

7,939 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Hate to say it, but the Pence angle makes me doubt this ever happened. Just another Trump/Pence bad hoax until proven otherwise. Hopefully there are security cameras there to see what happened.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:27 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
People say things like 'don't sweat the small stuff', or say that something that you notice 'is so small, it's not worth noting'.

It's those very small things that most people like to pass over as "nothing" that add up to something.

The story is always in the details, not the claim, but no one wants to ever scrutinize the details.

Once you start doing that, you can't help but hear your BS-o-meter going off the charts.

It would be helpful if news reporters asked the right questions and wrote exactly what was said, and not take liberty with their writing as if it was a creative writing class.

Some, like "Justice for Juicy", are so ridiculous that no amount of crap reporting can hide the fact that the story is over the top bs.

But some stories - there's so much that doesn't make sense, but we don't know if it's because the story IS actual BS or if it's because the reporters are BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies