Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 02:30 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
of course. actual events of white on black racism are rare, so when one comes along, even if it's questionable, it must be hyped through the roof.

it's now international news, for pete's sake.
Good God. They even made sure to headline with skin tones for maximum narrative agitation. After looking into story, I too call bs.
Wonder if it will make headlines when found to be fake?
"Black girl lied about white boy classmates" "we apologize for being garbage media"

No doubt this will be on the evening news. Wouldn't doubt Pence is thrown in for good measure.

Nevermind "8yo white girl molested by group of black classmates" .. yeah, that story didn't make the news

Old 09-27-2019, 02:34 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

Because ? The kids not cable if being hateful ?? Please - bully’s are of all ages colors economic backgrounds - they turn out to be wife beaters

Old 09-27-2019, 05:32 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Because ? The kids not cable if being hateful ?? Please - bully’s are of all ages colors economic backgrounds - they turn out to be wife beaters
Thanks Jussie.

The very fact that the article mentioned Pence is suspicious.

While it may have happened, you have to ask why you're so gung ho to accept it as fact when we've had a rash of hoaxes and embellishments.

Basically, your political orientation is what drives places like CNN to spoon feed you stories about some white woman yelling something racist at a black neighbor during an argument....while not running the story about the black serial killer that targeted older white guys in Kansas City until caught recently.

Same reason Fox runs all the "illegal alien commits crime" stories.

You care about hate crimes only to the extent that you can politicize them.

Black-trans got gunned down recently by a hispanic man, maybe next time you can start a thread.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
In my area, 3 boys (grade school) sexually assaulted a girl on the playgroundl. The father was arrested for raising hell at the school. Excuses were made for the little monsters and no more was heard/reported. Kids can be vile, and I think they are lacking parenting, and supervision at recess.
My goodness. That’s really scary because you can’t control the type of children that attend school with your child. I feel so sorry for the father...and the girl. Both must feel completely helpless

Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.
My inner cynic thinks that you might be right. And here's one reason why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."
I don't think I've ever heard any white person anywhere saying the word "nappy" unless it's a parent telling their toddler, "Let's go up to bed now, it's nappy time."

If it turns out that this did actually happen, those boys need to be expelled at the very least, and possibly have some civil damages imposed against their parents. But I'm going to withhold judgment until an investigation is completed.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

I don't think I've ever heard any white person anywhere saying the word "nappy" unless it's a parent telling their toddler, "Let's go up to bed now, it's nappy time."

If it turns out that this did actually happen, those boys need to be expelled at the very least, and possibly have some civil damages imposed against their parents. But I'm going to withhold judgment until an investigation is completed.

Ding ding ding! That was exactly what I was getting at when I said the things she claimed they said were pinging my Jussometer.

It reminded me of Dave Chappelle's latest special where he said the things Smollett claimed were said to him were ridiculous because white people don't talk that way, adding, 'It sounds like something I would say.'

Old 09-27-2019, 07:00 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Years ago during a girl's basketball tournament a tv announcer kept commenting on the girls having nappy hair and being "nappy headed" but that's the only time I've ever heard a white person talking like that. There was a big uproar over it when it happened and the girls went on tv crying about how traumatized they were (even though they were playing when it happened and didn't hear about it until later). I never understood the outrage. I would've ignored it. The girls won the championship and was crying how his words ruined their moment.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Years ago during a girl's basketball tournament a tv announcer kept commenting on the girls having nappy hair and being "nappy headed" but that's the only time I've ever heard a white person talking like that. There was a big uproar over it when it happened and the girls went on tv crying about how traumatized they were (even though they were playing when it happened and didn't hear about it until later). I never understood the outrage. I would've ignored it. The girls won the championship and was crying how his words ruined their moment.
NO. That’s not what he said. He called them nappy headed “hoes” (whores). It was extremely disrespectful, sexist and racist.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:53 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thanks Jussie.

The very fact that the article mentioned Pence is suspicious.

While it may have happened, you have to ask why you're so gung ho to accept it as fact when we've had a rash of hoaxes and embellishments.

Basically, your political orientation is what drives places like CNN to spoon feed you stories about some white woman yelling something racist at a black neighbor during an argument....while not running the story about the black serial killer that targeted older white guys in Kansas City until caught recently.

Same reason Fox runs all the "illegal alien commits crime" stories.

You care about hate crimes only to the extent that you can politicize them.

Black-trans got gunned down recently by a hispanic man, maybe next time you can start a thread.
I do not watch news except weather when there’s a hurricane etc . And I have a few other online news sources as PR - and the Hill, but I stopped listening a long time ago. I do know evil has no boundaries and it flourishes in all areas. Whether this is fake news, I don’t know, but it’s very possible, but it can also happen anywhere in the US. Usually it’s the teachers cutting the kids hair - some child might mimick the same act from hearing about it. I don’t dismiss it in a few days someone reveals the facts.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
NO. That’s not what he said. He called them nappy headed “hoes” (whores). It was extremely disrespectful, sexist and racist.
Yes, and it was radio show host Don Imus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies