Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 08:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...

Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM

500 posts, read 319,373 times
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Curious as to their ages and why this wouldn’t constitute assault and other criminal charges?

Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Curious as to their ages and why this wouldn’t constitute assault and other criminal charges?
Assuming this is a real story, it is a direct indictment of a lack of proper parenting. When I was a boy my parents (especially my Dad) told me never manhandle girls. Never physically harm them in any way.
I remember one day at a little kids party a girl who supposedly liked me kept trying to push me into the pool (it was not a pool party as everyone was dressed up). I remember holding/pushing back against her to keep from going into the pool. Nothing aggressive or offensive, just defensive.
My Dad apparently saw it and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, pulled me out of site and gave my rear and a few smacks.
Even after I explained what happened, he said it didn't matter.

The point is that it has been ingrained in me to not touch a woman in any negative way, as it should be with all young boys. These mutants, regardless of their motivation, were obviously not taught the same lesson. Had I done something like that, I may as well have left town so as to not be beaten senseless.

If I were the Dad of that girl, I'd be visiting the punks Dads individually, to teach them how they should have taught their sons.

`

Old 09-26-2019, 09:46 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...
What hair got chopped?

Still has a full head of dreds/braids.

6th graders are allowed on the "playground" without adult supervision?

These 3 white boys take her lunches, too?

What kind of school is this that students take lunches from others and no one notices?

Her parents and granny never complained? Just paid the 12K and let it go? I pay close to $50K for my 6th grader. Not a month in to school and I've had more than one conversation (always the new kids bringing their public school behavior/trash with them) with the principal of the MS.

No teachers/admin/volunteers on lunch duty @ ICS?

Amari can give names and the admin will deal with whatever happened.

Security cameras will show what went down.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:04 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
I watched the video and my heart breaks for that girl.

With that being said, the headline of the article said the boys assaulted her because of her natural hair and called it nappy.

Nowhere in the article does it say this or in the interview does the girl or her grandmother say this.

I feel like they are trying to allude to this being a racist incident ... maybe it's not.

Maybe the boys are just as$holes ...

Old 09-26-2019, 10:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

Yep.

Too ridiculous.

Three 11 year old boys in 6th grade have been allowed to endlessly harass a black 12 year old girl, also in 6th grade, at a private Christian school....and no one has noticed?

Where are her parents? Why are her grandparents the ones commenting on the "incident"?

School-wise: No adult supervision on the playground or they all turned their backs when the boys brought a pair of scissors to recess and sought out Amari, to cut her dreds, before she got down that slide?

At the same time: we can wait for other students to come forward and say they saw it "go down" and security camera footage to back it up.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They are her classmates so likely around 12 yrs old.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
What hair got chopped?

Still has a full head of dreds/braids.

6th graders are allowed on the "playground" without adult supervision?

These 3 white boys take her lunches, too?

What kind of school is this that students take lunches from others and no one notices?

Her parents and granny never complained? Just paid the 12K and let it go? I pay close to $50K for my 6th grader. Not a month in to school and I've had more than one conversation (always the new kids bringing their public school behavior/trash with them) with the principal of the MS.

No teachers/admin/volunteers on lunch duty @ ICS?

Amari can give names and the admin will deal with whatever happened.

Security cameras will show what went down.
Her hair was longer. So what if she still has a headful? No one should be touching her in that manner.

Who knows whether or not they were supervised. At private schools, sometimes how seriously students are disciplined depends on who they are. If their family is important in the church, often people turn a blind eye.

Hopefully they have security cameras.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:01 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Assuming this is a real story, it is a direct indictment of a lack of proper parenting.
Sometimes a kid can be raised properly but still goes "bad" for whatever reasons. Where these kids each 15, I think it would be easier to then charge those 3 bays with hate crime-related charges! To me, what these boys did does carry a hate crime-related slant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies