Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:56 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times

Advertisements

Kids can be cruel. Don't expect adult reasoning from 12 year olds; they're probably just following the example of their parents.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:15 AM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I didn't know there was some question as to another possible explanation as to how her hair was cut.
There is always "more to the story" in any media reported slant. They only report things, whether true or not, to get the masses all worked up against each other.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:21 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
After watching the video, I believe the girl. Someone asked why they went to the media and not to the school. They did go to the school first and then the media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There needs to be video or eyewitness accounts from third parties. If there are none then I do not believe this occurred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
There is always "more to the story" in any media reported slant. They only report things, whether true or not, to get the masses all worked up against each other.
Going to the media can/cannot help when the initial source you go to doesn't do anything or might not be able to really do anything! In terms of witnesses, while the next part of this sentence is perhaps not the case for this story, is that witnesses can lie or mistake something for an illegal activity when it is not. In the case of there being more to the story, even if you favor one side, getting the POV from the other sides is also important! This is because sometimes (might not be the case for this school story) one side is lying and the other isn't or both parties might be lying.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:22 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes I question why she never came forward to the school administrators or her family. If not for grandmother noticing her hair the bullying would just continue if indeed that is what has been happening. I'm not sure what she had to be afraid of. Accusations of bullying, especially at a private school, would be taken seriously and dealt with swiftly. Perhaps I'm wrong but I agree something about this story is off.

As well I'm not sure what the point of mentioning Mrs. Pence was.

If things did happen as she said though those boys should at the least be expelled. In most public schools just having scissors on the playground would be enough to suspend or expel a student.
LOL we all know why they mentioned Mrs. Pence. A skeevy attempt to try to somehow vicariously connect her to a potential racial incident because of politics.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:26 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I totally believe it.

These schools have a "infiniti strikes and you're never out" policy for bad actors these days.

I've seen total punk ahole kids (who are really good at making sure no adults are watching, btw) beat on, spit on, harass, etc, other kids...report after report filed...kid still there.

Especially if their parents are faculty or give lots of $$ to the school.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:27 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Something odd about this story, so will have to wait for more information on the matter.

I think that with the rash of fake claims that have occurred, capped off by the spectacular implosion of Jussie Smollets hoax, everyone is a bit gun-shy about just accepting initial stories without waiting for all the facts.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I didn't know there was some question as to another possible explanation as to how her hair was cut.
There are multiple articles by multiple news outlets. This piece of information was in another article not linked in the OP. Some of the media are really pushing the racist angle.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:17 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I totally believe it.

These schools have a "infiniti strikes and you're never out" policy for bad actors these days.

I've seen total punk ahole kids (who are really good at making sure no adults are watching, btw) beat on, spit on, harass, etc, other kids...report after report filed...kid still there.

Especially if their parents are faculty or give lots of $$ to the school.
I couldn't rep you again, but I completely agree with the above. I live in the Columbine High School area, and after the massacre, many kids stated how the Columbine jocks "could do no wrong" where the administration was concerned*, and I think almost everyone has encountered that kind of thing when they were young, either as a victim, protagonist or spectator. Also, remember the accusations about Mitt Romney being a bully (probably all true, in my opinion)?

*Of course, the CHS administration denied it, but from what I heard and the people I heard it from, I personally believe it.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

I'm thinking the same thing. Just another Jussie Smollett matter.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I too watched the video. As I said, I taught this age - it really and truly does not add up and there is something off about her telling if it. Through the years I was never wrong about that gut reaction. My guess, knowing 6th grade girls, is either she did something to her own hair and was afraid she’d get in trouble or she hates the school and wants to go elsewhere - or both.
We all have our life experiences that lead us to our conclusions. I too have worked with kids of this age and even parented some.

That’s why we can watch the video and read the story and come away with a different opinion. Time will tell.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies