Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

After watching the video, I believe the girl. Someone asked why they went to the media and not to the school. They did go to the school first and then the media.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.

Amari tells WUSA9 that one boy covered her mouth and the second boy put her hands behind her back, while the third boy pulled out scissors and cut her medium-length dread locks while calling her names.

Allen's family pays nearly $12,000 a year for Amari to attend the private school where Vice President Mike Pence's wife, Karen Pence, teaches...

It was not Amari's first encounter with the same three classmates. She said she's been bullied by the same boys for some time. They take her school lunches and call her names, Amari alleges.

The family met with school officials Thursday morning to address the matter. It's unclear what consequences, if any, would be passed down to Amari's alleged attackers.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...4-ebb194c99872

——————————

If this is what those boys are doing now, imagine what they will be doing to women later on in life. I feel so sorry for the young girl. Curious to see how the matter is handled by the school...
Got a feeling this just might be a hoax.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:17 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
There needs to be video or eyewitness accounts from third parties. If there are none then I do not believe this occurred.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:22 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
After watching the video, I believe the girl. Someone asked why they went to the media and not to the school. They did go to the school first and then the media.
I too watched the video. As I said, I taught this age - it really and truly does not add up and there is something off about her telling if it. Through the years I was never wrong about that gut reaction. My guess, knowing 6th grade girls, is either she did something to her own hair and was afraid she’d get in trouble or she hates the school and wants to go elsewhere - or both.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:22 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How many hours after meeting with school officials did they go to the press. Articles said they went Thursday morning to the school after not believing the girl's story about her hair being cut playing beauty salon with a friend and continuing to press her for another explanation. The story came out that same Thursday as far as I can tell.
I'm not sure I do believe her. To be the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to her I find it odd she was able to maintain her composure and even lie about what happened initially when asked about her hair. No one noticed or thought she had been upset or depressed or acting off for 3 days. They did not ask if she was ok or if anything was wrong. With mine now 17 so I dont spend much time with him like when he was younger but I notice his mood and often ask is everything is ok if he looks at all off. Its usually just tired from working out for ball practice or homework, but I notice.

Hopefully the media will run an update on the story after there is an investigation into the matter.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:25 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — Three sixth-grade boys are accused of pinning down a fellow classmate -- a 12-year-old girl -- on the playground and cutting her dreadlocks because they are "nappy" and "ugly."

Amari Allen said she has never been more traumatized in her life until Monday when she said a group of white male classmates attacked her on the playground at Immanuel Christian School, a private K-12 school, in Fairfax, Virginia.{snip}
It is sad that kids still have to go thru this kind of bullying. I went thru grade school in the 1960s, and kids were just as mean back then. Nothing has changed.

This does not mean we should not condemn this,and want the boys punished. We should feel empathy for the girl, but it's just kids being kids, and it's not anything more than that.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:26 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
In my area, 3 boys (grade school) sexually assaulted a girl on the playgroundl. The father was arrested for raising hell at the school. Excuses were made for the little monsters and no more was heard/reported. Kids can be vile, and I think they are lacking parenting, and supervision at recess.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:27 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that this turns out to be hoax #17,643 in the continuing "whitey bad" narrative.

Yep. Wait for it.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:28 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There needs to be video or eyewitness accounts from third parties. If there are none then I do not believe this occurred.
I cant believe they were the only 4 kids on the playground. And no one ever witnessed them taking her lunch and eating it in front of her or saying all those things to her. She didnt have any friends she spoke to about the bullying, no school counselors, anonymity? Do private schools not have security cameras or teachers and staff that monitor the halls, lunchroom and outdoor areas.
If I were paying for private school I would expect it to be a step or two above public schools.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:28 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How many hours after meeting with school officials did they go to the press. Articles said they went Thursday morning to the school after not believing the girl's story about her hair being cut playing beauty salon with a friend and continuing to press her for another explanation. The story came out that same Thursday as far as I can tell.
I'm not sure I do believe her. {snip}

I didn't know there was some question as to another possible explanation as to how her hair was cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies