Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:39 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That wasn't your question but ok.

My question was sarcastic and rhetorical.

Sorry if that wasn't obvious......

I'd think that the subject matter would make that pretty self evident......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 04:05 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What does that mean, "Who they are"?
The idiots pushing these things. Hope that helps.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:25 AM

866 posts, read 320,138 times
The police don't care much about property crime anymore.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:01 AM

36,542 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You can shoot them unless they are black. Then you best let them do what they are going to do.
Or dispose of the body.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:54 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
being concerned about a criminal breaking into your home is now just an example of "privilege" in the minds of leftists.
True story. I live in the Dorchester section of Boston which is a very diverse area. I was at work a couple of years ago and the alarm went off in my house. The alarm company called me and asked if I wanted the police to respond, I said yes.

I then left my office and took the subway home and I actually beat the police to my house. When I asked them why I beat them there, they were frank with me and they said that they had other, more important issues to deal with, i.e. they were in the more dangerous areas dealing with more serious criminal activity.

Privileged my arse. I could punch this woman in the face.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:59 AM

6,994 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Not a fan of the language but no big secret and a source of aggravation for police departments. Often in minority neighborhoods they just don't cooperate with the police which makes it very difficult for the police and prosecutors to do their jobs. It's not the language I would use, I would call it not cooperating with the police, but semantics aside that's reality.

Now, do I feel bad about coming from the privilege? Nope, not at all. They should just cooperate with law enforcement. That's not to dismiss any legitimate reasons they don't, and where those exist they should be addressed. You can't force people to not shoot themselves in the foot though.
I guess the "priviledge" is that white people can cooperate with the police and won't hesitate to point their figures at people that break the law. Blacks live by the code "snitches get stitches" and will not cooperate with police because they realize that criminals can get revenge even from jail.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:10 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The Left is just making themselves out to be the worst possible caricatures of everything the Right has ever said about them.

The Right couldn't have asked for a better gift, and they were correct all along about the nature of all of this.

Fast forward to 2025, and as prefaced by the kneeling demands, not accepting King Criminal as your overlord and being against abolishing the constitution "comes from a place of privilege".

You know what? It's fine that rejecting that "comes from a place of privilege".

Even though it isn't, for the sake of argument I'll admit that everything is privilege.

And we're absolutely keeping it anyway.

Realizing "anti-privilege" is not your Right and it isn't a guiding legal nor moral principle in this nation.

This isn't a communist country. Our right is to go out and get some privilege, earned by work and a life of controlled behavior . So go get some.

The Soviet States are east and our privilege will provide the transport boats as long as you steer around Europe. Try the land route through Turkey and test the anti-privilege and anti-racism of the Turks.

Last edited by golgi1; 06-09-2020 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-09-2020, 08:14 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,557,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Absolute insanity on display for all to see and be disgusted by. Why shouldn't the people who invented the country, who work daily to keep it running and improving have priviledge over those who don't, generational'y? We've, not the looter, have earned it.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Realizing "anti-privilege" is not your Right and it isn't a guiding legal nor moral principle in this nation.

This isn't a communist country. Our right is to go out and get some privilege, earned by work and a life of controlled behavior . So go get some.
That's a great point and it gets overlooked. So many self made people in this country have become millionaires and enjoy tremendous privilege, of their own earning, or their parents earning without ever having stepped foot on the backs of any minority or impoverished person. The radical left wants to call this injustice and give everyone the same privileges, regardless of if it was earned or not. They believe in redistribution and welfare for everyone, even the ones who choose not to work

Old 06-09-2020, 08:28 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Who needs to call the cops.

Just grab a 6 foot chain, and handle it the way Joe Biden handled Corn Pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4NmtSrqtvI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies