Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,283,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
bchris, you claim to be a christian, too. With the hatred and intolerance you spew, I think you're extreme and are not a true christian, no matter what you claim.

What's the difference between the comment I just made and the one you made?
Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"
23 And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."

Those were the words of Jesus and it sounds pretty clear to me. Not everybody who claims to be a Christian is such. And as far as I know you are athiest, so you have no say on what is a true Christian and what isn't.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,080,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
A lot of people claim to be "Christians." Hitler, the KKK, and Westboro all claim Christianity when even the most basic study of scripture reveals they are far from it. There are some churches that are just as extreme on the opposite end of the spectrum. Extremism doesn't always have to be conservative.
Even you "claim" to be a Christian.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,978,236 times
Quote:
Ok...so as long as it feels good its ok? That 1960s line of thought is exactly why America is in the moral crisis she is in today.
You know the sixties also brought the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and Loving v. Virginia in 1967. Do you think extending full civil rights to African-Americans and overturning interracial marriage bans have led to moral crisis?

If not, please explain how your arguments based on religion and tradition differ from the segregationist arguments of the 1960s.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,329,434 times
Quote:
Those were the words of Jesus and it sounds pretty clear to me. Not everybody who claims to be a Christian is such. And as far as I know you are athiest, so you have no say on what is a true Christian and what isn't.
You don't know that those are the words of a jesus. They are words in a book written a long time afterward.

If I have no say in what a christian is, you have no say in what a valid marriage for homosexuals is. Quid pro quo and all that.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,283,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
You know the sixties also brought the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, and Loving v. Virginia in 1967. Do you think extending full civil rights to African-Americans and overturning interracial marriage bans have led to moral crisis?

If not, please explain how your arguments based on religion and tradition differ from the segregationist arguments of the 1960s.
I honestly don't understand how people could have used the Bible to support racism if they even did. The Bible makes it clear that we are all made in the image of God. The Bible also makes it clear whats sin and whats not. It lays out what matrimony has to be for it to be considered 'holy' by God.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 PM

9,898 posts, read 10,847,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

You’re equating people who love each other with murderers and drug dealers now.
Silas, you’ve made this same argument in many threads and it didn’t fly, why do you think it will now?

Silas, you keep dragging absurdities into this. Just so you’re clear, here’s a link to the definition of incest: Incest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

No my arguments flew quite well as they do now, nothing has changed, Absurdities indeed, the comparisons are real , and yes very absurd just like all the idiotic justifications we are hearing from the homosexuals. I have noticed that you cant explain why they are not the same , being discredited by an aging hippie doesnt really pack much of a punch, if you know what I mean!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:29 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,080,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah right , Grooms family on the right and the grooms family on the left. you might get some of the liberal church's marrying homo's but you are not going to see actual Bible believing Christian Churchs holding wedding's for homosexuals! Unless the state of California decides to force them,of course, wouldnt' that be interesting, in that case there would be a mass exodus of the faithfull,unlike anything ever seen in this country and everyone else might want to be sure their natural disaster insurance is paid up!
California couldn't force a church to perform a wedding if they wanted to, but the only thing holding back a number of Christian churches is the secular prohibitions against gay marriage.

Interestingly I've never found any place in the Bible where Jesus condemned homosexuality. It was certainly well known in that era. Maybe he didn't think it was a big issue as long as you loved your fellow man.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,329,434 times
Quote:
I honestly don't understand how people could have used the Bible to support racism if they even did. The Bible makes it clear that we are all made in the image of God. The Bible also makes it clear whats sin and whats not. It lays out what matrimony has to be for it to be considered 'holy' by God.
Everyone is made in the image of your god, even homosexuals, then.

Not everyone believes in your god myth. Why do you want the laws of the country to be based in your myth? I'd prefer my myth, but I don't have one. So don't do it, but if everyone is "made in the image of god" then you sin by not accepting them.

Keep your religious beliefs out of my life.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 12,961 times
Quote:
Ok...so as long as it feels good its ok? That 1960s line of thought is exactly why America is in the moral crisis she is in today.
You twisted my words. I said that Christians cannot use that argument that "even nature will tell you it's wrong." Because in nature, animals have gay tendencies.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:32 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,033,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah right , Grooms family on the right and the grooms family on the left. you might get some of the liberal church's marrying homo's but you are not going to see actual Bible believing Christian Churchs holding wedding's for homosexuals! Unless the state of California decides to force them,of course, wouldnt' that be interesting, in that case there would be a mass exodus of the faithfull,unlike anything ever seen in this country. Everyone else might want to be sure their natural disaster insurance is paid up!
if ONLY that were true! then the CA real estate prices could finally come down to earth when the holy rollers and illegal aliens exit the State, making room for all of the sinners and sodomites from the other states to claim california as our "homeland" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.