Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 05:59 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Why does this bother so many people? I was raised Catholic, but that doesn't mean all others need to abide by my beliefs or the majority by any matter.

People need to let adults live their lives, worry about yourselves, your family, and mind your own business.

Is it that important that gay people cannot show their love for each other by getting married? I don't think God would want it any other way IMO, times change.
God is not a drill sergeant.
I agree, this doesn't bother me at all. Like you, I was raised in a pretty conservative type household (hence, maybe the reason why I have more liberal views today), and have more of a live and let live attitude. As far as gay marriage is concerned, I have no problem with it. It probably p*sses off the greedy, vulture-like family members who can't wait until their gay family member passes away and then they can steal all of their belongings because the other gay partner has no rights to anything. I think this is so hypocritical considering that these same people wanted to have nothing to do with their gay family member once they came out of the closet.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:12 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,614,733 times
The point about being catholic is that we listen to the Church but quietly disagree [since nobody can defend sexual problems worse than some of our priests [sorry to say

Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,497,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I agree, this doesn't bother me at all. Like you, I was raised in a pretty conservative type household (hence, maybe the reason why I have more liberal views today), and have more of a live and let live attitude. As far as gay marriage is concerned, I have no problem with it. It probably p*sses off the greedy, vulture-like family members who can't wait until their gay family member passes away and then they can steal all of their belongings because the other gay partner has no rights to anything. I think this is so hypocritical considering that these same people wanted to have nothing to do with their gay family member once they came out of the closet.
My point exactly; my partner and I have been together for 29 years, we have visited both his and my family, yet only one of them has ever visited us. Push comes to shove, if either one of us were to be hospitalized or die, our families would have more power over the life we have built together and the property that we own.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
When judges usurp the will of the people, there will be backlash.

The people of the state of California have been betrayed, once again.

We will vote on this again in November.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,497,397 times
Only half the people of California may have been or felt betrayed. It was not a majority vote and thus not everyone in California supports a ban. Only those concerned with what other people do in the privacy of their homes when they should be concerned about why their divorce rate is so high, priests are molesting children and teen births are so high. Don't worry about us, fix your own problems first.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Only half the people of California may have been or felt betrayed. It was not a majority vote and thus not everyone in California supports a ban. Only those concerned with what other people do in the privacy of their homes when they should be concerned about why their divorce rate is so high, priests are molesting children and teen births are so high. Don't worry about us, fix your own problems first.
What a tragedy in our society that so many people can't or won't think as rationally as you.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:33 AM

713 posts, read 1,866,597 times
What I can't believe is that our country still discriminates against people who have sex with animals. Why are we so beastaphobic in this country? Anyone who is against bestiality does not celebrate diversity and is a bigot. Eventually we will embrace bestiality in this country, and people will finally be given their basic right to marry animals, which is specifically gauranteed in the constitution. Yes, the bible says bestiality is an abomination, but this is a democracy, not a theocracy. People who have sex with animals should not be discriminated against, and should be allowed to marry. If you think I am wrong, then you are no different than people who were against inter-racial marriage 50 years ago. A human and an animal cannot produce offspring, but that doesn't matter. Sex has nothing to do with procreation. If procreation is necessary for marriage, than sterile male-female human couples should not be allowed to marry either.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
kpoeppel, your comment was rude, not relevant to the subject.
Please start your own thread or stick to the topic.

Thanks so much.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:50 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,939,495 times
As I've said before. If one can't see the difference between gay marriage and beastiality, I worry about that person and fear for what they are capable of.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When judges usurp the will of the people, there will be backlash.

The people of the state of California have been betrayed, once again.

We will vote on this again in November.
Why don't you get your ass out of that state & move to another where your judgemental thoughts aren't criticized?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies