Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 PM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Well, I decided that I'm opposed to heterosexuality. I dislike what it does to our society--teen pregnancies, and often compelling people to have abortions. I have zero respect for the "girls gone wild" nonsense, also. I think it's all quite immoral. So, if I disapprove of the heterosexual lifestyle, am I not a bigot?
No, you are a fool.

God designed marriage and sex to be between a MAN and a WOMAN while in marriage. Case closed.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:12 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
No, you are a fool.

God designed marriage and sex to be between a MAN and a WOMAN while in marriage. Case closed.
Have any proof?

Old 05-24-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
On what basis is homosexuality "destructive"?

Do you have a line of reasoning that is not particular to a religion?

Right--promiscuous behavior whether you're heterosexual or homosexual can be harmful to you and others.
Personal opinion are WORTHLESS and MEANINGLESS in this issue. The reason is simple. I hold to an ABSOLUTE TRUTH as found in the Bible, as told by God. God disproves of any act of sex OUTSIDE of marriage. God designed marriage to be between a MAN and WOMAN.

I don't leave such issues up to personal opinion or interpretation.

Homosexuality is destructive because it is a SIN. All sin, leads to a destruction of the soul, mind and body.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't bother to pray for me as I have done nothing to be forgiven for...Your time would be better spent praying for yourself, to release yourself from your judgmental, foolish and destructive ideas.
Look, stop, and read what you just said. It is COMPLETELY devoid of rational thought.

You claim that you have done nothing to be forgiven of!

How pious and self-righteous that is. Your statement shows how self-righteous you are by claiming that you have "done nothing to be forgiven for".

Have you never hurt someone by your words?
Have you never lied to someone?
Have you never been unkind to someone?
The list goes on and on....

You contradict yourself by your statements. I have NEVER claimed to not need forgiveness, yet you have.

Who is REALLY the self-righteous one? Look in the mirror...

Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Can you think for yourself and give me your personal opinion ( not gods ) about gays and how they have impacted your life and why YOU think it's wrong?....
My "opinion" or your "opinion" are meaningless in this discussion. I don't rely on my human wisdom or someone's opinion for such answers. I rely on God and His Word. God says it is wrong. Case closed.

Your question is a BAD question. For you are trying to justify a behavior/sin based on someones "opinion". God states that it is a SIN, there is nothing more to discuss.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:37 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
My "opinion" or your "opinion" are meaningless in this discussion. I don't rely on my human wisdom or someone's opinion for such answers. I rely on God and His Word. God says it is wrong. Case closed.

Your question is a BAD question. For you are trying to justify a behavior/sin based on someones "opinion". God states that it is a SIN, there is nothing more to discuss.
That is your problem. You are unable to think for yourself. You rely on your god to do your thinking for you...That is sad.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
My God says no such thing.

Don't make empty promises: get some proof first.

Then he shouldn't have created such behaviors.

Not according to the Church.
Your "god" is not the true God of the Bible. It is some god you created in your mind.

Secondly, God did NOT create the sin/behavior. You have FREE WILL, you have a choice to act out on your impulses.

Your "logic" is so flawed, it's scary and dangerous. Using your "defense", then a pedophile, a rapist, a murderer, a child abuser, is NOT wrong when they commit their acts/behavior because it is out of their control to stop it. WHAT NONSENSE!

Your WORLDVIEW is dangerous to yourself and to others. People justify their evil acts by claiming that they were born that way. Adolf Hitler was BORN that way, he shouldn't be accountable for his actions. That is WHERE your "logic" leads to....

Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
That is your problem. You are unable to think for yourself. You rely on your god to do your thinking for you...That is sad.
I do think for myself but you are asking a MORAL question. I am not God and I have NO RIGHT to create my own morality.

Once again, you have a flawed and very dangerous worldview and approach to life.

Think this through! If YOU, SANSPEUR, justify MORALITY by YOUR OWN standards, then who are YOU to say if someone justifies beating their dog or cat?

Person X "thinks for himself" when it comes to moral issues. In his mind, he finds it MORALLY acceptable to BEAT and TORTURE his dog. He believes that as a product of evolution, he is smarter and the superior species, he therefore believes it is NOT WRONG to beat his dog. Survival of the fittest.

Person A uses GOD and the Bible for decisions of morality. God says in the Bible that we should NOT beat or torture animals for our own pleasure. God says it is WRONG and a SIN to do so.

Think about it!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Your "god" is not the true God of the Bible. It is some god you created in your mind.

Secondly, God did NOT create the sin/behavior. You have FREE WILL, you have a choice to act out on your impulses.

Your "logic" is so flawed, it's scary and dangerous. Using your "defense", then a pedophile, a rapist, a murderer, a child abuser, is NOT wrong when they commit their acts/behavior because it is out of their control to stop it. WHAT NONSENSE!

Your WORLDVIEW is dangerous to yourself and to others. People justify their evil acts by claiming that they were born that way. Adolf Hitler was BORN that way, he shouldn't be accountable for his actions. That is WHERE your "logic" leads to....
Actually Hitler was a christian, and using your "logic" from his bible put thousands of homosexuals into the gas chambers...Your thinking is scary and dangerous if you ask me. You and your interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Actually Hitler was a christian, and using your "logic" from his bible put thousands of homosexuals into the gas chambers...Your thinking is scary and dangerous if you ask me. You and your interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong.
It's UNBELIEVABLE that you can say such things. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. You are repeating things you have heard and perpetuating lies and false information.

First off, Hitler was born Roman Catholic. He became an ATHEIST and FOLLOWED DARWINISM. His beliefs were due to ATHEISM and EVOLUTION.

Hitler believed that Germans were the BETTER and MORE EVOLVED race and that Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies and others were LESS EVOLVED and needed to be exterminated. Hitler was simply following Darwinism and evolutionary thought. He believed he was the superior race. Survival of the fittest. Hitler was an evolutionist and atheist. He loved Darwin.

As with SANSPEUR, Hitler developed his OWN morality and used his OWN THINKING to create his own morality. As with SANSPEUR, Hitler did NOT follow the Bible and used his own OPINIONS to determine what was wrong or right. As with SANSPEUER, Hitler did not rely on God to do his thinking.

Last edited by LBear; 05-24-2008 at 08:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies