Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
The thread area is called "politics & other controversies".
Right. I didn't see religion in there anywhere.

Quote:
The topic is gay marriage. How can one exclude God from the debate?
I've been doing so for a long time, so it's definitely possible.

Quote:
If one does exclude God, then all they are left with is human foolishness and worthless opinions.
In your opinion

Quote:
Some of the people here are acting like 1st graders.
Pot calling the kettle black...

Quote:
The statements and positions you made were totally destroyed within 2 sentences. Yet, you still fail to see how foolish your positions are.
I didn't see you destroy anything in 2 or 200 sentences. You used the same adjectives over and over again and said nothing that we haven't all heard before. Your internet persona (if nothing else) is nothing like a lot of the Christians I know. They aren't arrogant and full of anger.

Quote:
I hope one day, you come to see that your philosophy and world view are foolish & are leading to the doom of your soul. The Lord Jesus Christ died for your & my sins, and rose on the 3rd day, He paid the penalty for our transgressions. Believe on Him and be saved.
You just had to get that in, didn't you?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You just had to get that in, didn't you?
Why shouldn't he have?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why shouldn't he have?
Like the others said, this isn't a religion forum. Plus, NewToCa had asked him to stop...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:23 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
I think LBear has just as much right to post on this thread as anyone else, his post fall into other controversies, this is not pure politics.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Like the others said, this isn't a religion forum. Plus, NewToCa had asked him to stop...
Well - IMO, when talking about Gay Marriage, there is no way to NOT bring religion into it - it is part of the "Controversy" IMO -

The issue of not allowing Gay Marriage is based, in part, in religious beliefs

Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Well - IMO, when talking about Gay Marriage, there is no way to NOT bring religion into it - it is part of the "Controversy" IMO -

But marriage isn't a religious institution.

Also, have you read LBear's posts? I'm all for continuing to be entertained by this person, but it was the kind of thing the mods would never allow to continue.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think LBear has just as much right to post on this thread as anyone else, his post fall into other controversies, this is not pure politics.
But there is a forum specifically for people to denigrate each other's religious beliefs or lack thereof. I'm just saying--I don't care if the mods disallow it or not.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
But marriage isn't a religious institution.

Also, have you read LBear's posts? I'm all for continuing to be entertained by this person, but it was the kind of thing the mods would never allow to continue.
Marriage started as a Religious institution and retains many of those religious elements.

When I perform a Marriage (civil) I start off with, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here before God and this company ......"

Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Marriage started as a Religious institution and retains many of those religious elements.

When I perform a Marriage (civil) I start off with, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here before God and this company ......"
But we're talking about legal recognition. If you perform a ceremony and the couple doesn't have a marriage license, it isn't a legally-recognize marriage. We're not talking about forcing churches to perform different ceremonies--that's up to churches. We're talking about legal marriage. And it doesn't have to have any religious elements if the couple doesn't want it to.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:48 PM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times
Quote:

THANK YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies