Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 11:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Get with the times man, it's 2008. That way of thinking went out in the Dark Ages
Living a moral life is never out of date.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:01 AM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LBear...Gay marriage has been legal for quite some time in a number of nations including mine, and nobody has gone to hell yet that I know of...In any case discussing this issue with you is hopeless...All you seem to do is attack me personally....

Eventually Gay marriage will be legal nation wide in the US as well...You will have to learn to live with it.
How do you know who goes to hell? You make such ludicrous statements. You, sanspeur, have NOT traveled into the afterlife dimension and seen who does or does not go to hell. Do you actually THINK before you type such nonsense?

I could care less what is "legal" in what nation or state. If it violates GODS moral code, it is WRONG. In some countries it is LEGAL to rape and murder people. In Darfur, rape is committed and allowed by government forces. It is LEGAL. In Nazi Germany it was GERMAN LAW "legal" to beat, imprison and murder Jews.

But, per your, SANDSPEUR'S world view, it is OK to do such things because the government says it's "Legal". If the government legalizes murdering unborn kids, it is OK. If the government legalizes murdering the weak & elderly, Sandspeur says is it OK because it is LEGAL.

Don't you see where your world view leads? You have NO GROUND to stand on. If you base your MORALITY on your "opinion" it leads to a path of disaster.

Also, I am attacking your world view, not you "personally".

Old 05-25-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your continual comments to degrade homosexuals and compare them to child abusers, pedophiles (isn’t that a christian avocation), rapists and murders is offensive and uncalled for.

I’m going to personally ask that you cease your hateful attempt to discredit an entire group of people or take it to the religious forum.

Your words are the embodiment of the reason why I stay as far away from wackaloon xians as possible.
God compares homosexual behavior to a very sinful and vile evil act. Actually, if two men were caught having sex, God ordained them to be punished by death.

The only "hateful" acts here are those who advocate & promote sinful behavior like homosexuality. You see nothing wrong with it but your "opinion" is worthless. God says it is WRONG & those people need to trust in Jesus Christ before they die, or they will face eternal punishment.

Just in the same way ANYONE who does not trust in Christ (heterosexual and all), will die in their sins and face God and will face an eternity in hell. A just God CANNOT allow sinful behavior to go unpunished.

If a judge tried a case of a man who murdered & raped numerous people. The evidence was caught on tape and the guy admitted to it. What if that judge let the man go without punishment? That would NOT be a just judge. In the same way, God cannot and does not let sins go unpunished. Jesus died on the cross for your and my sins. We need to trust in Him and He will forgive us of our sins.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:17 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
God compares homosexual behavior to a very sinful and vile evil act. Actually, if two men were caught having sex, God ordained them to be punished by death.

The only "hateful" acts here are those who advocate & promote sinful behavior like homosexuality. You see nothing wrong with it but your "opinion" is worthless. God says it is WRONG & those people need to trust in Jesus Christ before they die, or they will face eternal punishment.

Just in the same way ANYONE who does not trust in Christ (heterosexual and all), will die in their sins and face God and will face an eternity in hell. A just God CANNOT allow sinful behavior to go unpunished.

If a judge tried a case of a man who murdered & raped numerous people. The evidence was caught on tape and the guy admitted to it. What if that judge let the man go without punishment? That would NOT be a just judge. In the same way, God cannot and does not let sins go unpunished. Jesus died on the cross for your and my sins. We need to trust in Him and He will forgive us of our sins.
C'mon are you for real my dear chap? The bible is the last source you want to use for reference as a morality debate! If we want to be literal then polygamy is neat! Incest is okay. God hates homosexuals? If this was the case do you not think the end of the world would have come long before Ca gave the green light on gay marriage *looks around to see if the sky is falling*

Old 05-25-2008, 01:18 AM

Once again, the world view by some of the posters here is completely disastrous and has no leg to stand on. I say again, your world view can be completely and totally dismantled & destroyed in less than 60 seconds.

Sanspeur states that what is moral is decided upon by each person individually and not God.

So then, that world view leads to this point:

If a person believes that it is moral to abuse children, it is OK, per Sanspeur's world view. As what is moral is decided by each person and not God.

Sanspeur's world view was COMPLETELY destroyed in two sentences. That is how abysmal it is.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:58 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Once again, the world view by some of the posters here is completely disastrous and has no leg to stand on. I say again, your world view can be completely and totally dismantled & destroyed in less than 60 seconds.

Sanspeur states that what is moral is decided upon by each person individually and not God.

So then, that world view leads to this point:

If a person believes that it is moral to abuse children, it is OK, per Sanspeur's world view. As what is moral is decided by each person and not God.

Sanspeur's world view was COMPLETELY destroyed in two sentences. That is how abysmal it is.
Paranoia will get you nowhere.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
LBear is very interesting. This is the only Politics thread they're posting in and there's nothing in the religion folder.

Looks like a troll.
Let's not feed it.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Living a moral life is never out of date.
...and highly subjective.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Wow...I think Lbear burst a blood vessel, and must think I have 666 tattooed on my forehead...Actually the tattoo is on my forearm.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 AM

403 posts, read 1,581,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Get with the times man, it's 2008. That way of thinking went out in the Dark Ages
No, that way of thinking is still with us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies