Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 04:31 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Oh, how ridiculous! Who's god? I guess yours, since you posted this bile. My church and my god are fine with it.

Massachusettes has had gay marriage for a few years now, and I see no god has sent a hurricane or anything to punich its residents. And I believe MA has one of, if not the lowest heterosexual divorce rates in the country, so gay marriage surely isn't destroying hetero marriage there. Get a grip!
There is only one God and he only approves of traditional marriage (one man & one woman).

As for Massachusettes, a few years is only a brief moment in God's time.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:56 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
There is only one God and he only approves of traditional marriage (one man & one woman).

As for Massachusettes, a few years is only a brief moment in God's time.
...And God actually told you this personally...?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
My family totally did this when a gay great uncle died a few years ago (his partner had already passed). My dad and his siblings, who only saw the man once per decade at best, were suddenly there for the funeral and all over that inheritance - enough that my parents paid off their house and bought new cars. Yet not a penny of it trickled down to me, their gay son.

I've specified in my will and life insurance that the only family to receive anything I have is my partner and our children. Luckily the rest of my family should be long gone and dead by the time I die, so probably not an issue. But for the horrible things my parents have said to me, I don't want them to get a penny of what I have.
That is tragic. Good for you on the action that you took, your family doesn't deserve you.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
My family totally did this when a gay great uncle died a few years ago (his partner had already passed). My dad and his siblings, who only saw the man once per decade at best, were suddenly there for the funeral and all over that inheritance - enough that my parents paid off their house and bought new cars. Yet not a penny of it trickled down to me, their gay son.

I've specified in my will and life insurance that the only family to receive anything I have is my partner and our children. Luckily the rest of my family should be long gone and dead by the time I die, so probably not an issue. But for the horrible things my parents have said to me, I don't want them to get a penny of what I have.
Why do you feel you should have got money, my wifes parents didn't give her money when a relitive left them some and she didn't care, thats more of a greed thing than anything else.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Geez...I cannot believe you bigots are still at it...I'm glad I live in Canada where gays can marry, and it's a non issue for the most part.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Geez...I cannot believe you bigots are still at it...I'm glad I live in Canada where gays can marry, and it's a non issue for the most part.
And we are all glad you are in Canada.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:41 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And we are all glad you are in Canada.
No we ALL are not. At least Canada has a brain..and a heart.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:54 PM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times
Quote:
Oh, how ridiculous! Who's god? I guess yours, since you posted this bile. My church and my god are fine with it.

There is only ONE GOD. You have made-up your own pagan god whom you worship, but it is NOT the true God.

You are a very angry, mean and hateful person. Yesterday you mocked the tornado victims. Today you mock God.

It is quite clear who you serve. Yourself, along with a false god that promotes evil and vile behavior and language. That god is called Satan.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
...And God actually told you this personally...?
Simple logic tells me that.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
One can be a bigot against a person of another race. But one cannot be a "bigot" against an abnormal lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies