Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 04:25 PM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
First, prove that your God's word is in any objective way superior to my God's word and then I'll think about paying attention to what your sky daddy is telling you.
First off, there is only ONE GOD, that is the God of the Bible.

Also, "sky daddy" is a derogatory term.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
No, dear. MY reasons are based on MY GOD'S ABSOLUTE TRUTH and MY GOD DISAGREES with your god.

Now what?
I can point to where I get my absolute truth. It is found in God's Word, the Bible.

Now, who is this "god" you speak of?

Do you agree that there is such a thing as absolute truth?

Old 05-25-2008, 04:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Please take your questions about religion to the religion forum.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:32 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
First off, there is only ONE GOD, that is the God of the Bible.

Also, "sky daddy" is a derogatory term.
There is only one god, god of the bible?

Tell that to those who worship Allah, Jahweh, Budha, etc. Their gods don't exist?
So are Judaism, Moslem, Hindu, and the other religions around the world nonexistent to you? Because those people pray to their god, and that is NOT the god of your bible? Please educate yourself, get out of the town you are in, meet some others and learn to open your eyes to the real world and life.

The truest example of a false believer is one who is not tolerant of the beliefs of others.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
I agree with you except that Buddhists don't believe in a god thing.
Anyone can be a buddha.
Buddha just means enlightened.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
There is only one god, god of the bible?

Tell that to those who worship Allah, Jahweh, Budha, etc. Their gods don't exist?
So are Judaism, Moslem, Hindu, and the other religions around the world nonexistent to you? Because those people pray to their god, and that is NOT the god of your bible? Please educate yourself, get out of the town you are in, meet some others and learn to open your eyes to the real world and life.

The truest example of a false believer is one who is not tolerant of the beliefs of others.
Yes, there can only be ONE GOD.
All religions CANNOT be true. As that would contradict logic and reason. There can only be ONE GOD.

Those religions you mentioned, do exist, but they are false religions.

Quote:
Please educate yourself, get out of the town you are in, meet some others and learn to open your eyes to the real world and life.
What does the above have to do with the topic? The above is a 100% completely emotional response that has no basis. I know about those other false religions and I know many people who believe in false gods.

Quote:
What in the world does that mean? Your statement completely contradicts itself.

Once again, ALL religions cannot be true, as that would contradict the laws of reason. Only ONE God can exist and only ONE belief system can be true. All those religions you mentioned contradict each other, so how can they all be true?

Old 05-25-2008, 04:53 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Personally Lbear, I have to suggest to you that yours may be the false religion, if the rest of the members are as devoid of even common courtesy and are as bigoted as you are...I feel sorry for you because one day you may discover that your whole life may have been based on lies.

You are right about one thing though...All religions cannot be true. In fact perhaps none of them are.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Religion in the Religion Forum, please...

Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Everyone please just do not respond to that LBear anymore, their intent is to make us angry. I've reported him, I hope you have to. Just ignore & they'll get bored & move on.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 PM

The thread area is called "politics & other controversies". The topic is gay marriage. How can one exclude God from the debate? If one does exclude God, then all they are left with is human foolishness and worthless opinions.

Some of the people here are acting like 1st graders. Instead of having an intellectual conversation about God and world views, they run and "tattle" and refuse to answer questions. The statements and positions you made were totally destroyed within 2 sentences. Yet, you still fail to see how foolish your positions are.

I hope one day, you come to see that your philosophy and world view are foolish & are leading to the doom of your soul. The Lord Jesus Christ died for your & my sins, and rose on the 3rd day, He paid the penalty for our transgressions. Believe on Him and be saved.

Thank you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies