Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Once again, it is a SIN because God says it is a SIN.
I am not using "my opinion", I am using God's Word to show you WHY it is wrong. God's Word is pure and absolute.

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:27
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
Then god is the instructor of bigotry.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 AM

182 posts, read 927,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And we are all glad you are in Canada.
Ouch! Speak for yourself, please!!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:17 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,781 times
Quote:
There is only ONE GOD.
Prove it.

Quote:
You have made-up your own pagan god whom you worship, but it is NOT the true God.
Prove it.

Quote:
You are a very angry, mean and hateful person. Yesterday you mocked the tornado victims. Today you mock God.

It is quite clear who you serve. Yourself, along with a false god that promotes evil and vile behavior and language. That god is called Satan.
Ummm.... you fail as a psychic friend.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:32 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Once again, it is a SIN because God says it is a SIN.
I am not using "my opinion", I am using God's Word to show you WHY it is wrong. God's Word is pure and absolute.

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:27
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
The term abomination (to'ebah) is a religious term, usually reserved for use against idolatry...it does not mean a moral evil.

It never ceases to amaze me that some Christians continue to lord their own sense of righteousness over gays and lesbians as if being heterosexual makes them somehow better... or less in need of grace.

I'm a Christian and I'm also a gay man, I believe the Bible to be the word of God in its very essence. However, the imperfect hands and minds of men have filtered this essence down through the ages.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:55 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Then god is the instructor of bigotry.
Wow, I'm sorry for you. Your disagreement is with God, not me. When you die, you will REGRET your words when you stand before God. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW...

Luke 12:20
But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?

I pray that you will trust in Christ's death for your sins. God can forgive you.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 AM

862 posts, read 2,621,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The term abomination (to'ebah) is a religious term, usually reserved for use against idolatry...it does not mean a moral evil.
Ummmm... I'm sorry, but you are wrong. First off, you don't believe in the Bible as the Word of God. How then can you be expected to properly teach it?

I quoted two verses, there are MANY MORE which show that homosexuality is a SIN. One needs to only point to Sodom & Gomorrah. It can't get any clearer than that.

You purposely twisted Scripture in order to justify your behavior. The Bible clearly shows that homosexuality is a SIN. Any sex outside of a married man & woman is a sin. You can't escape that fact, the Bible teaches this throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that some Christians continue to lord their own sense of righteousness over gays and lesbians as if being heterosexual makes them somehow better... or less in need of grace.

I'm a Christian and I'm also a gay man, I believe the Bible to be the word of God in its very essence. However, the imperfect hands and minds of men have filtered this essence down through the ages.
I NEVER claimed I was better or "righteous" over anyone else.

One cannot state that they are "Christian" and also be openly and proudly gay. That is like stating I am a loving murderer or a kind wife beater.

I ask you this:
What makes one a Christian?

Old 05-24-2008, 01:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Well, when you study the Bible, it is VERY APPARENT that God wrote it.

First, the Bible had 66 books, it was written by about 40 different human writers who lived over a period of about 1600+ years, from all walks of life, most never knowing each other. Books written by men have no unity of thought on even one subject. The Bible has perfect unity between the books of the Bible -- which speak of hundreds of subjects in many fields. There is no contradiction among them.

FACT:
No one has ever successfully refuted the Bible. Many mock the Bible but avoid challenging it point by point. No one who has done in-depth research, honestly examining the evidence for the Bible's inspiration and truthfulness, has been able to disprove the Bible.

FACT:
Hundreds of prophecies of future events were recorded in the Bible -- some of them centuries before fulfillment -- and not one detail of any of them has ever failed!

I can go on and on but maybe you should read this:
CLICK HERE
Take it to the religion forum, please.
It is on-topic in this thread.

Last edited by chielgirl; 05-24-2008 at 02:34 AM..

Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 AM

841 posts, read 2,260,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its amazing that with all the problems our nation is facing right now instead of turning to God we continue to shake our fists at Him. God is not so easily mocked. There is soon coming a time, if it isn't already here, that God will turn His back on America in the same way we have turned our backs on Him.

Yes to turn the God.

Sincerly the Republican party

Old 05-24-2008, 04:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
To clarify: I meant OFF-topic in this thread.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Ok folks, this thread is not about what God hates, it is about what the folks in California are ok with.

Object to it on religious beliefs, thats great, good for you rock on, now move along.

the topic is....

Califonia OK's Gay Marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies