Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2022, 10:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Democratic self inflicted recession. If Trump was still the President, there is no way we’d have our investments tanking like this, not to mention all the supply chain issues.

Also, Trump would’ve brokered a deal in Ukraine that everyone could’ve lived with which would’ve prevented thousands of deaths and the need to create sanctions which have tanked the economy even further.

The Democrats are absolutely incompetent. The only people who should be supporting this administration are poor people of color who like being pandered to, and rich liberal whites who are unaffected by inflation.

What a disaster.
So, what would Trump have done to prevent inflation, supply chain issues and stock market crash? Has he boasted somewhere on social media about what he would have done? Would Trump have absolutely demanded China stop its current covid shutdowns and reopen its ports? Thousands of merchant ships are currently waiting off China shores for the ports to reopen. Tell me something. Do you not realize that it's rumored that Wal-Mart is going to start closing its stores, if it can't replenish its stock from China?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 10:27 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
My point is, I see things big picture.

It's common to hear people say "back in the 50's, a man could support a family of 5 on just his salary". The post I responded to said we are spending a greater percentage on housing than before.

Well yeah!! Look at our houses! And if we went back to living as sparely as we did in the 50's, a middle class man could support a family of 5 today.

If you're not interested in long term picture, and just only interested in discussing a slight downturn in the stock market, that was over-inflated, and moderate inflation on food and fuel, then maybe skip over the posts that address long term trends?

I'm just so tired of people belly aching about how hard everything is, and human beings have never had it so easy as we do right now.
You’re in denial. If this was being done under Trump you’d be doing a 180. You can’t even admit this admin is a disaster. You’re sounding a lot like Joe Biden.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You’re in denial. If this was being done under Trump you’d be doing a 180. You can’t even admit this admin is a disaster. You’re sounding a lot like Joe Biden.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
It's like you don't read my posts.

As much as I can't stand Trump, and think he's the most divisive president we've ever had, I was very vocal in my praise for his affect on the stock market, and his ability to cut out a lot of business red tape to get the economy buzzing. Very vocal.

I also did NOT blame Trump for any COVID deaths, and thought he was doing the best he could, although some of his comments were off-target.

You only seem to see two kinds of people - "us" and "them", and it appears you don't really ever listen to the "them".

Old 05-21-2022, 08:14 AM

3,284 posts, read 1,420,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Democratic self inflicted recession. If Trump was still the President, there is no way we’d have our investments tanking like this, not to mention all the supply chain issues.

Also, Trump would’ve brokered a deal in Ukraine that everyone could’ve lived with which would’ve prevented thousands of deaths and the need to create sanctions which have tanked the economy even further.

The Democrats are absolutely incompetent. The only people who should be supporting this administration are poor people of color who like being pandered to, and rich liberal whites who are unaffected by inflation.

What a disaster.
Your certainty is remarkable. Your statement "The only people who should be supporting this administration are poor people of color who like being pandered to, and rich liberal whites who are unaffected by inflation" (especially the first part) is among the more offensive I have seen here.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:09 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's at Walmart, Chuck. It's in my store. No 10 dollar shipping.

Do you want me to pick you up on my way to Walmart?

And yes, Folgers is mainstream coffee.

Our elitism will be our undoing. Anyone who refuses to drink Folgers, when they can't afford anything better, and so buys "up", is a snob. And they're ruining their finances.
^ LOL!

Democrats answer = LOWER YOUR STANDARDS and all will be well.

You will own nothing and you will be happy.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Joe blow is breaking records. Record ups with gas prices and record lows with the DOW.
Pretty soon, time to get in the soup lines and wait for the tin cup handouts.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Ah, you miss the good old days under Trump back when the stock market was crashing due to covid?
Crashing at the beginning of Covid was understandable because the world was shutting down due to a virus. It came back extremely fast as we understood the virus better. I made a killing on that one.

Crashing now when we are supposed to be doing great is something completely different.

Maybe you are not capable of understanding the difference of the United States economy shutting down over a virus versus the United States opening up after a virus.

Or maybe you just prefer to be political with it. If so, carry on.

Old 05-21-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, what would Trump have done to prevent inflation, supply chain issues and stock market crash? Has he boasted somewhere on social media about what he would have done? Would Trump have absolutely demanded China stop its current covid shutdowns and reopen its ports? Thousands of merchant ships are currently waiting off China shores for the ports to reopen. Tell me something. Do you not realize that it's rumored that Wal-Mart is going to start closing its stores, if it can't replenish its stock from China?
1) Not add additional stimulus AFTER we had multiple vaccines available.

2) Not force people out of work due to not wanting to get a vaccine.

3) Not okay the Nord Stream 2 pipeline which then allowed Putin to invade and destroy Ukraine because he no longer had to worry about the pipelines there.

4) Not extend Federal unemployment insurance after multiple vaccines were available.

5) Not continue to this day extending not paying back your fair share for your student loan you took out.

6) Not tell illegals to surge the border and tell Mexico to let them flow through their country and into ours.

Six simple steps my friend. Six simple steps.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:58 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Democrats have been programmed to NEVER say anything disparaging about the cult. As liberalism is essentially their religion, democrats will tolerate and accept TERRIBLE POLITICIANS, as criticizing them would be liberal "heresy".

When you become a democrat/liberal cult member, you abandon rational thought and critical thinking. One must only levy criticism against republicans, even when there is nothing to complain about. Do you remember the old days when democrats actually used to care if their politicians were incompetent and corrupt? No more!

This is why the "opinion" of a democrat is worthless, as it will be a reflex sound byte to support democrats or liberalism and devoid of any rational thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies