Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 03:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Wow. The price I found a few hours ago has gone down substantially.

$13 for 2 51 oz Folger Cans.

Gotta be quick, I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/Folgers-Coffe...24&sr=8-3&th=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 10:06 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Another day of the market selling off. Hoping we have a turnaround this afternoon, otherwise we may have started another losing streak.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:29 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Yep. The longest weekly losing streak in a CENTURY on Biden's watch after Democrat policies were implemented.

Let's hope this is the start of reclaiming all those losses for pension funds, 401k's and IRA's.

So far this morning we are back to selling off again. However one day does not make a trend. Here's hoping we end the week green and don't start another weekly losing streak.

Always cautious because of Obama's wise advice. "Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up"!
you could have said in a MILLENIUM

Old 06-01-2022, 02:54 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wow. The price I found a few hours ago has gone down substantially.

$13 for 2 51 oz Folger Cans.

Gotta be quick, I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/Folgers-Coffe...24&sr=8-3&th=1
Neat.

Now look at the price of coffee being traded. Note: it has nearly doubled since Biden was inaugurated.
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...ities/kt%3anmx

Look at the 3 year chart and coffee is up 127%.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...fee-price?op=1

Old 06-01-2022, 02:57 PM

Well that's now multiple down days in a row yet again.

Hopefully we can have a comeback in the next couple days to avoid another weekly downtrend starting.

Things are looking just awful across the board in so many ways. This is what people voted for and they are getting it good and hard.

Old 06-01-2022, 04:10 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Democratic self inflicted recession. If Trump was still the President, there is no way we’d have our investments tanking like this, not to mention all the supply chain issues.

I guess what goes up must eventually come down and vice versa.
Is it time to dump the Real Estate and jump into Bonds ?...............

Old 06-01-2022, 05:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Neat.

Now look at the price of coffee being traded. Note: it has nearly doubled since Biden was inaugurated.
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...ities/kt%3anmx

Look at the 3 year chart and coffee is up 127%.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...fee-price?op=1
Yes, coffee is going up.

And I would put coffee into the category of items that is important to many people's lifestyle, and general contentment but not critically important to maintain health.

So yeah, for those who drink it coffee is important.

And you can make cheap coffee or VERY expensive coffee.

Maxwell House brand, 42.5 oz for $9.90 works out to about 11 cents a cup. Two cups of coffee per day and you're in to it for less than 25 cents.

So while that may have increased from a few years ago, it's still way down in the noise as far as things that will bust a budget.

Just trying to keep it real here. Most staples are going up in price, but we use a lot of carrots and bananas, and they have been 77 cents and 44 cents a pound respectively, for as long as I can remember. Like, a decade.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:07 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Yes, coffee is going up.

And I would put coffee into the category of items that is important to many people's lifestyle, and general contentment but not critically important to maintain health.

Maxwell House brand, 42.5 oz for $9.90 works out to about 11 cents a cup. Two cups of coffee per day and you're in to it for less than 25 cents.

So while that may have increased from a few years ago, it's still way down in the noise as far as things that will bust a budget.

Just trying to keep it real here. Most staples are going up in price, but we use a lot of carrots and bananas, and they have been 77 cents and 44 cents a pound respectively, for as long as I can remember. Like, a decade.
What a bunch of liberal BS.

ALL STAPLES HAVE GONE UP DRASTICALLY UNDER BIDEN, SOME SEVERAL FOLD IN PRICE.

Meat, milk, eggs, flour, juice, canned good, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables are all at record prices.

Only an idiot celebrates marked increases in food prices, as they impact the poor and lower income citizens far more than anyone else.

THANKS JOE!

Old 06-03-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Well that's now multiple down days in a row yet again.

Hopefully we can have a comeback in the next couple days to avoid another weekly downtrend starting.

Things are looking just awful across the board in so many ways. This is what people voted for and they are getting it good and hard.
Well no comeback today. We are back to weekly losses again.

Old 06-03-2022, 02:00 PM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Yes, coffee is going up.

Wait until this mega hike on the prices hit things that really matter like rice, beans, wheat, grains, etc. Meat is already through the roof. Dairy is going nuts. What happens when all of these are 10X or 100X?

If you can live on carrots and bananas, great. But they will go wonky soon enough as well. They are transported just like everything else. Trucked into you. And when diesel hits twenty bucks a gallon, EVERYTHING you eat is going to go nuts. (including nuts)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies