Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 07:50 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times

Advertisements

Right now both the DOW and the NASDAQ have come down so hard over the last two weeks that they are both trying to test and possibly crash through the yearly low they set on Biden's watch.

Here's hoping it turns around before that. If either breaks through their lows, OUCH! It won't be pretty.

This is why people who have no clue at all about investing should stop getting excited about one day up or even one week.

Putting lipstick on this pig won't make it look better. It is what it is at this point. A dead rotting pig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 07:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Right now both the DOW and the NASDAQ have come down so hard over the last two weeks that they are both trying to test and possibly crash through the yearly low they set on Biden's watch.

Here's hoping it turns around before that. If either breaks through their lows, OUCH! It won't be pretty.

This is why people who have no clue at all about investing should stop getting excited about one day up or even one week.

Putting lipstick on this pig won't make it look better. It is what it is at this point. A dead rotting pig.
I'm not relying on my own expertise to make stock market decisions, Stephan, but rather, financial advisors and family members and friends who are very market savvy.

And over the long haul, it's gone quite well, thank you.

It was overvalued a year ago. Unsustainable.

And now, it appears to be trying to hover around 32.5.

When I look at the market in the last 5 years, it's not a pig. At all.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:01 AM

Dow down to 31,656 at this point.

Here's hoping it closes above 32,000 by days end.

So much destruction in all the markets. So much money lost for investors. Now housing is showing signs of crumbling too.

People can't afford food, gas, retirement and are losing their retirement funds in the market.

It's all going to hell at warp speed on Biden's watch.
Attached Thumbnails
Dow is on pace for longest weekly losing streak since 1923-screen-shot-2022-06-10-9.58.50  

Old 06-10-2022, 08:06 AM

Ouch!

Dow falls 700 points, Nasdaq drops nearly 3% after inflation reading hits 40-year high

“It’s confirming some of the fears I’ve been hearing from investors this week,†said Lori Calvasina, head of U.S. equity strategy at RBC Capital Markets. She said alarm over inflation has been driving stocks lower this week.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Dow down to 31,656 at this point.

Here's hoping it closes above 32,000 by days end.

So much destruction in all the markets. So much money lost for investors. Now housing is showing signs of crumbling too.

People can't afford food, gas, retirement and are losing their retirement funds in the market.

It's all going to hell at warp speed on Biden's watch.
Housing needs to crumble. It was NUTS the last 6 months.

3,248 posts, read 3,202,698 times
But but but January 6th!!!!

Old 06-10-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Yeah, that's how desperate Democrats are at this point.

Biden and the Democrats have royally screwed over Americans and it's getting worse by the day.

The worst is yet to come. Things are going to be worse than 2008/2009 for some people. It's getting real folks.

But just remember. This is exactly what people voted for and they are getting it good and hard. I don't want to hear any complaints from Biden voters, UNLESS they finally admit they made a mistake.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:12 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Yes, the cause of this entire mess. Along with Ukraine.

Oh... and it's really not so bad as it looks, is it lefties? Except it is. Will you still be whistling little woke tunes and denying that anything is messed up when you are in a soup line, hoping for a slice of stale bread handed out by Biden and the Boys?

Old 06-10-2022, 08:14 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Housing needs to crumble. It was NUTS the last 6 months.

Is it because they raised mortgage rates so people are renting instead of buying? I have a good unit on the market and it's just sitting there. Slowwww.

I am not in dire straits to sell, but I just wanted to consolidate.

Rent are insane. I don't know how these people are paying for this stuff,...I'd feel bad as a landlord,.lol.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, the cause of this entire mess. Along with Ukraine.

Oh... and it's really not so bad as it looks, is it lefties? Except it is. Will you still be whistling little woke tunes and denying that anything is messed up when you are in a soup line, hoping for a slice of stale bread handed out by Biden and the Boys?
Maybe the truth is, if you're going to envision something you're predicting that hasn't panned out yet, and you don't really have control over it, best to picture it turning out well than turning out really badly?

And then between now and when whatever it is eventually happens, you're at peace.

Best advice I was ever given. Life-changing. If you have to imagine an outcome that you can't change, and can't fully predict, best to imagine it going well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies