Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2022, 08:16 AM

29,543 posts, read 19,636,351 times

Advertisements

Latest inflation numbers are out and it's not looking good. That's definitely going to have added pressure to stocks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 08:17 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Way to go Joe! You've done a great job at destroying our country!! Just how much more destruction will you do before you reach your goal? You've got 2 plus more years to set it on fire and make everyone poor so you can control us and no one can afford gas or anything else because they have no money. 401Ks will be wiped out. No one will have savings. You're right on target for your first 2 years and 2 more to go. You got this old man!!

Old 06-10-2022, 08:19 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Latest inflation numbers are out and it's not looking good. That's definitely going to have added pressure to stocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Way to go Joe! You've done a great job at destroying our country!! Just how much more destruction will you do before you reach your goal? You've got 2 plus more years to set it on fire and make everyone poor so you can control us and no one can afford gas or anything else because they have no money. 401Ks will be wiped out. No one will have savings. You're right on target for your first 2 years and 2 more to go. You got this old man!!
Agreed.

On every metric things are getting worse the longer Biden and the Democrats are in control and pushing horrific policies.

American citizens are paying dearly now for the outcome of the 2020 election.

Obama was right on two things.

1) Elections have consequences

2) Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:27 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Maybe the truth is, if you're going to envision something you're predicting that hasn't panned out yet, and you don't really have control over it, best to picture it turning out well than turning out really badly?

And then between now and when whatever it is eventually happens, you're at peace.

Best advice I was ever given. Life-changing. If you have to imagine an outcome that you can't change, and can't fully predict, best to imagine it going well.
That would be called "normalcy bias." And it has never helped anyone in a crisis.

Best policy is "be prepared." But somewhere along the line that became a four letter word in America. As for me, I'm fairly "prepared." But I also realize that won't do me much good when I have to face folks like you who are not prepared (and chose to ignore) when things get really ugly.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:27 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Agreed.

On every metric things are getting worse the longer Biden and the Democrats are in control and pushing horrific policies.

American citizens are paying dearly now for the outcome of the 2020 election.

Obama was right on two things.

1) Elections have consequences

2) Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up.

But they are doing this on purpose so as far as the left are concerned things are going according to plan. They should all be happy. How else they going to control us and have the power if they don't destroy first. We must all be dependent on the government.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That would be called "normalcy bias." And it has never helped anyone in a crisis.

Best policy is "be prepared." But somewhere along the line that became a four letter word in America. As for me, I'm fairly "prepared." But I also realize that won't do me much good when I have to face folks like you who are not prepared (and chose to ignore) when things get really ugly.
No need to worry about me, Chris. I'm also prepared. ;D

Old 06-10-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
But they are doing this on purpose so as far as the left are concerned things are going according to plan. They should all be happy. How else they going to control us and have the power if they don't destroy first. We must all be dependent on the government.
You will own nothing and be happy.

I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You will own nothing and be happy.

I’m from the government and I’m here to help.
Until you realize that first statement was a prediction, and not a threat or a plan, you can't understand the meaning.

It's a prediction. A trend.

Old 06-10-2022, 11:20 AM

Wow! It just keeps getting worse.

We need something to happen soon or we are in even bigger trouble in the coming months.

It's just shocking to see how much destruction is happening now that Democrat's policies have been in full force.

Biden and the Democrat's policies are causing such severe hardship and generational damage to American families, some of whom will never be able to recover from.

I certainly hope people never forget the real negative effects across the board, not just stocks, of liberal policies.

I hope people hold these memories and the memories of upcoming damage in many areas close to the front of their minds when voting in the Fall, in 2024 and well beyond.

Until Democrats come back to their senses, they never again can be trusted with power.
Attached Thumbnails
Dow is on pace for longest weekly losing streak since 1923-screen-shot-2022-06-10-1.15.10  

Old 06-10-2022, 11:44 AM

291 posts, read 160,028 times
I sincerely mean this as an olive branch to liberals: Please, look at the last 18 months and remember it. Vote based on policy, not personality. The former is more important by a mile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies