Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 11:09 PM

865 posts, read 441,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
For starters, with a lot more personal responsibility and better choices. That would go a long way.
My thoughts exactly. Nobody mentions personal responsibility. How about have a plan in place before getting pregnant? Is it really so hard or impossible to expect? Why are people so unable to make responsible choices?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
My thoughts exactly. Nobody mentions personal responsibility. How about have a plan in place before getting pregnant? Is it really so hard or impossible to expect? Why are people so unable to make responsible choices?
Absolutely this. Instead folks play the martyr. So easy for both parties to use birth control.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I presented many answers to the actual thread topic and questions, along with saying birth control by both parties should be used. You simply disregard the answers because they don’t fit your narrative and complain about folks coming to your state to get an abortion. Don’t like it, move or look away. It’s great to have choices.
No, that wasn't even one of the questions I asked. The thread is about babies who will actually be born.

It's great to have choices. Some people choose to stay on topic. Others choose to keep trying to divert because they hope to change the subject. Yet other s say a sentence over and over and over again, like "it's great to have choices." So anyway, do you have any answers to the actual original post?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:15 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
What you're positing is subjective morality, right?
My point is that someone might adhere to a religion where the tenets of that religion disagree with Jesus being a basis for morality, or someone might be an atheist who is a secular humanist.

There isn't anything that objectively makes you right and those people wrong.....you just think that there is.

What you believe in that regard = beliefs, not facts.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:18 PM

Quote:
This thread is about how states will handle things *after these babies are born*. It is it not a debate on how to prevent pregnancy. There are questions in the original post.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Everyone mentions personal responsibility. This is a question oc what states will do once the inevitable happens anyway. Do you have any answers to my questions?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Both parties using birth control is being responsible, hence sOOO many unwanted pregnancies…but folks wanting an abortion have the option to go to another state to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, if they can afford to do so. You know that not everyone can, right?
Where as people suggest that folks outta think about if they can afford children, before doing the deed. Maybe people should think about if they can afford the drive to abortion clinics, before doing the deed. You know, have sex responsibly, just like not driving when you're drunk. That way, no one gets hurt. Just a thought.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:22 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Do you support a woman being forced to give birth to her rapist's baby...yes or no?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Yes

You gave both the Christian and Jewish interpretation of the Hebrew text of Exodus 21. Had Moses climbed the mountain yet? Thou shalt not kill? And while I believe in God, I also know that the Bible is the oral history which also contain the laws that were adopted by a civilization that lived 4000 years ago. Have we changed much since then? In the killing department that is ...

The human species is the only animal on the planet that justifies its killing of one another with words. All other animals, they're just actin on, instinct. It's just something I find interesting ...
God's word supposedly does not change. And we kill animals daily to eat. All of this is philosophy and religion. It is off topic, but even your own specific religion differentiates a woman from a fetus as far as value in the God of the Bible's eyes.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Where as people suggest that folks outta think about if they can afford children, before doing the deed. Maybe people should think about if they can afford the drive to abortion clinics, before doing the deed. You know, have sex responsibly, just like not driving when you're drunk. That way, no one gets hurt. Just a thought.
This thread is about what happens when, as has been happening all along, women get pregnant anyway and there are children for states to support. Do you have any answers to my questions? They are in Post #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies