Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 11:55 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I did answer your question, you just don't like my answer.

I'll try to provide an answer that is more in your wheelhouse.

I believe that believing that equating what Jesus says to be objective morality is subjective. It's a belief/your belief. It isn't a fact.

It's a philosophical question.
Is that a Yes or a No to the question: Is morality subjective?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:55 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
optimism is not your forte --- too much doom and gloom.
People who are hungry need food, not optimism.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Bingo…neither is promoting taking responsibility to begin with.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
People who are hungry need food, not optimism.
And people who are dead need neither --- is that the solution? Trust I'm all for this planet returning to a time before man. I"m sure it was peaceful. However, we are here and I fail to see where killing each other off is a productive use of our time.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Can't rep you again ... for the other one a few pages back.

For everything else including guns we're to act responsible, I guess sex gets a pass.
I was taught responsibility at a very young age and paid attention to the consequences of not paying attention to it. I also paid attention in health class and understood the consequences of unprotected sex. It’s so easy to take precautions to not put oneself in an unwanted situation. It’s quite amazing how folks so fight and ignore taking responsibility and precautions of unwanted pregnancy, especially those that insist only the man should be responsible when women are the only ones that can get pregnant

Old 06-25-2022, 12:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post

As far as Texas, their law has been in effect for almost a year - has it caused any issues yet?
Yes. https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...0-68f2630be98a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Also - what about stiffer penalties, against mothers if they don't tell the father and leave him out of the decision - does he not get any say? Or rape charges if the guy is underage and the girl is not - why do you think it only goes one way?

I didn't say there shouldn't be penalties if the woman withholds that information. Does he get any say - I don't know. I guess that would have to be handled state by state also.

Rape charges: it does not only work one way. But the woman already has to have physical repercussions, so I would think repercussions would be forced on the man, too. It does take two.

Thank you for attempting to answer the questions. It is appreciated.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:13 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I did answer it. You just didn’t like the answer, and any woman that wants to have an abortion can go to a state that has legal abortion. Nobody’s stopping them.
No, you didn't.

Why not ?

What specifically is moral to you may be a yes or no question to you, but not to others who don't share your beliefs.

Whether you think a woman should be forced to birth her rapist's baby isn't that type of question. It isn't philosophical. Each step is a digital/one way or another reality. A woman has either been raped, or she hasn't. Subsequently, she's either pregnant from that, or she isn't. If she is, she either decides she wants to carry the result of the rape fetus to term, or she decides she wants to abort. If she decides to abort, she's either allowed to, or she isn't. Your initial deflection indicates that you would support forcing the woman to carry her rapist's fetus to term and give birth.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:13 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I'd love to hear from anyone who wants to reply to the topic. This is about children already born. Other off-topic ventures have been covered many times in other threads. Please see post #1 for my questions. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2022, 12:16 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Is it the tiny little person's fault? Adoption is always a solution to an unwanted pregnancy. I was given up. I'm glad she didn't choose the coat hanger.
If the woman has been raped, the pregnancy isn't her fault.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, you didn't.

Why not ?

What specifically is moral to you may be a yes or no question to you, but not to others who don't share your beliefs.

Whether you think a woman should be forced to birth her rapist's baby isn't that type of question. It isn't philosophical. Each step is a digital/one way or another reality. A woman has either been raped, or she hasn't. Subsequently, she's either pregnant from that, or she isn't. If she is, she either decides she wants to carry the result of the rape fetus to term, or she decides she wants to abort. If she decides to abort, she's either allowed to, or she isn't. Your initial deflection indicates that you would support forcing the woman to carry her rapist's fetus to term and give birth.
Sure I did…and She’s allowed to abort or not. Plenty of states where abortion will be legal. Also a great case for the ability to carry firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies