Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 01:42 PM

17,638 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
We'll find a way around this SCT opinion. You can be sure about that.
Yes, that's what I just said.

Just like the Democrats have "found a way around" immigration laws, criminal laws, requiring bail, equal justice, due process and free speech rights for their political opponents. The list of rights, laws and institutions that Democrats ignore in their effort to destroy them is virtually endless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 01:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Try using birth control.
Cool! Discuss with the licensed 8-12 year medically educated and board certified doctor all your choices. Glad we agree

The post topic though infers and interjects . My reading comprehension is just fine. Guess I don't have my jumping to conclusions hat on. Quite the broad stroke though.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Just like the Democrats have "found a way around" immigration laws, criminal laws, requiring bail, equal justice, due process and free speech rights for their political opponents. The list of rights, laws and institutions that Democrats ignore in their effort to destroy them is virtually endless.
The SCT didn't outlaw abortion. They said it's up to the states to decide, so to the states we will go.

Be careful what you wish for, for someday you may get it.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:57 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
I'm sure they'll find a way around the law. They're Democrats, it's what they do - ignore and circumvent the laws they don't agree with. They have no respect for our institutions, the rule of law, or anyone who disagrees with them.
If you find a way around a law, that makes it......legal. By definition.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The SCT didn't outlaw abortion. They said it's up to the states to decide, so to the states we will go.

Be careful what you wish for, for someday you may get it.
I'm very happy with the decision. Regulation of something as serious as abortion belongs to elected officials who can be held accountable for their votes, not 7 white male unelected judges with lifetime appointments (the 7 who invented the "right" to an abortion in 1973).

Old 06-29-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yeah, we know that's the bass-ackwards thinking of the far left. They prove it daily. It's wrong but I realize arguing with you over it is pointless.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:01 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
Quote:
Try using birth control.
Some Pro Lifers are talking about banning that, too, since the Catholic Church considers it sinful.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
She won't have to make yer way from Missouri to California. Illinois is right there. I hope the result of this ruling is that adults become responsible for a change and practice birth control instead of relying on the habit (which they're calling a "right") of using abortion as birth control. What kind of moral decay have we put up with to get to that point.
Abortion should be rare, stated Bill Clinton. I agree.
I was responding to a post that specifically mentioned "Missouri to California"

Old 06-29-2022, 02:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Laws are challenged and changed or revoked all the time. Just because the SCT said state abortion laws are not protected by substantive due process does not mean the will withstand all legal challenges. Nor does it mean they won't be changed by referendum at the state level, or by pro-choice politicians voted into office.

Nor does the SCT opinion address medication induced abortions or access to the medications. Enjoy your smugness while it lasts. The vast majority of people in this country are in favor of abortion rights and you haven't heard the last of us.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:

Requiring bail? Where is that in the constitution? Bail amounts and the circumstances under which bail can be set are determined by state and local law. I'm not sure why you think Democrats 'found a way around' due process because it looks like the 'fab 5' on the Supreme Court are doing a fine job at tearing apart the 14th amendment and getting rid of due process as part of their grand plan. Justice Thomas already mentioned some other meddling he wants to do with rights conveyed by the 14th amendment and he only mentioned a few - what he failed to list were the rights to travel, the right to enroll your children in public schools, the right to inter-racial marriage, contraceptives, forced sterilization, the right to privacy etc.

I get it that you are a conservative and therefore are lulled into thinking that a conservative Supreme Court will do your bidding, but you aren't their master and they don't care about you any more than they care about me. They are controlled by the big corporations who fund the Federalist Society which has been entrusted to hand pick the last 3 SCOTUS judges. To the real power players, you and I are no different, we're just an inconvenience and our only purpose is to use our labor so that they will prosper and consume what they make so that they can get even richer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies