Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2022, 04:55 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,573,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I dont get why she is there either. Go keep your seat warm in the House.

Kamala should be over there if Ol' Joe isn't up to the task.
Joe doesn't know where he is most of the time, and makes horribly stupid blunders. Kamala only speaks in word salads, and has no business speaking to world leaders for heaven sake. She is supposed to be in charge of our southern border, and look how many millions have crossed into our nation since they were installed. It's what the left wants. Both of them need to stay out of this. Pelosi too. This is their fault, all of it.

And yes, I do miss President Trump. We need strong leaders, not vegetables.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:03 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,573,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I'm pretty sure her trip to Asia is about the CHIPS Act.
I'm glad they finally did something, but that should have been done years ago. At this point it's probably too little too late. How long would it be to get things rolling in order to take up the slack left by the removal of other producers?

Old 08-02-2022, 05:10 PM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I'm pretty sure her trip to Asia is about the CHIPS Act.
I have a feeling her trip has something to do with the stock market hubby got one of his inside tips again what does Taiwan make i wonder

Old 08-02-2022, 05:19 PM

3,044 posts, read 5,003,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I dont get why she is there either. Go keep your seat warm in the House.

Kamala should be over there if Ol' Joe isn't up to the task.
The media likes to point out she's 2nd in line for the Presidency. As though that has any relevance. She's not part of the executive and the current President and Vice President are both (barely) competent. Why did the Secretary of State not go?

The only thing I can think of is that this is pure political posturing but too cowardly to actually take a real stand against China. Because the Speaker of the House holds no international power, both sides can act strong but both know there's no substance or reason to escalate.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:30 PM

125 posts, read 100,350 times
I am not sure why China thinks they can dictate who we send to Taiwan or what country we visit. Bit big for their britches.

Things could get interesting, but I don't think they are dumb enough to do anything militarily over the visit. Not that we should yield to such threats anyway.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:37 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy02 View Post
I am not sure why China thinks they can dictate who we send to Taiwan or what country we visit. Bit big for their britches.

Things could get interesting, but I don't think they are dumb enough to do anything militarily over the visit. Not that we should yield to such threats anyway.
I'd feel differently if Pelosi made a trip to China despite China's warning to stay away, but that's not the case.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:39 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
The media likes to point out she's 2nd in line for the Presidency. As though that has any relevance. She's not part of the executive and the current President and Vice President are both (barely) competent. Why did the Secretary of State not go?

The only thing I can think of is that this is pure political posturing but too cowardly to actually take a real stand against China. Because the Speaker of the House holds no international power, both sides can act strong but both know there's no substance or reason to escalate.
For sure it's a form of Kabuki theater along the lines of this^

Old 08-02-2022, 05:44 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Pelosi has been a thorn in the side of the Chicoms since at least '91 when she held up a banner at Tiananmen Square. It was refreshing seeing a few Republicans stand for the right of a senior US official to travel where they damn well want to without some foreign nation telling them they can't.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I'm glad they finally did something, but that should have been done years ago. At this point it's probably too little too late. How long would it be to get things rolling in order to take up the slack left by the removal of other producers?
God only knows. It would be difficult to replace TSMC.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Yep, since china has murdered, and starved it's own people it won't blink an eye when it comes to taking us out of the picture.
The willingness of tyrants to persecute their own people is no measure of their ability outside their own borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies