Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 05:13 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So whoever wrote the Wiki article knows more than the dictionary description of a nationalist? There is nothing about a definition that is "old" it is what it is as the dictionary states. How is it racist to accept the dictionary's definition over some random person's definition with an agenda?

Here I'll repeat it once again. A nationalist puts their country and their citizens above foreign nations. A supremacist whether they be white, black, brown, etc. thinks their race is superior to others. Now go away you're getting annoying with your BS!

Here's more examples of the liberal left's changing definitions. A woman is not a mother now she's a birthing person. An illegal is not an illegal alien they are undocumented persons. A baby is not a boy or a girl at birth it's up to them to determine what or whom they are. These are just a few of examples of the stupidity of the liberal left.
Even WIKI says they are NOT reliable.

"Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on Wikipedia. As a user-generated source, it can be edited by anyone at any time, and any information it contains at a particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or simply incorrect"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...eliable_source

Old 08-14-2022, 06:07 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You specifically said something about "white nationalism" not being a bad thing. It is a bad thing. If nationalism is based purely on racial characteristics, it isn't a good thing.
Because nationalism isn't a bad thing no matter what race you are! Did you not read the dictionary's definition of a nationalist? Nationalism has nothing to do with being a racist or being a supremacist it's about patriotism. Why can't you and yours get that through your thick skulls????????

Are you and yours going to beat this thing to death and to continue to accuse me of stupid crap and twist the meaning of my words when I have explained my remarks over and over again? WTH is wrong with you people??????

Old 08-14-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with nationalism, although it may not be my cup of tea personally, but the poster in question is disingenuously trying to act like when one says "white nationalists" we're talking about normal nationalists who just happen to also be white people. "White nationalism" as a phrase refers specifically to the promotion of a white nation. Sometimes meaning changes a lot when you add a modifier. Like, there's a big difference between a scenario where you're attacked by a dragon, versus one where you're attacked by a bearded dragon.

Anyway, it's basically a plea for attention and an attempt to distract from the actual topic, so I'll be ignoring it from here on out, and I'm feeling a bit foolish for even having given it this much bandwidth.
You're another one who refuses to acknowledge the dictionary definition of a nationalist! Where in that definition does it say anything about the white race and them supposedly wanting an all white nation?

A plea for attention? WTH does that even mean?

Old 08-14-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He has been a long time poster here and I have never found his posts to be racist in the past, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. Who among us hasn't written something that didn't come out the way we wanted it to? Anyway, lets move on.
You're right, I am not a racist and nothing in my posts indicates that I am. I'm not vying for an all white nation either nor have I ever implied that! Yes, I am a nationalist and I'm white but my race is irrelevant so I'm just a nationalist. It's like these fools like to put the word white before the word "nationalist" to turn it into a negative thing and it's on purpose! There are nationalists/patriots of all races in our country but again their race is irrelevant. The fact that they are nationalists/patriots is all that matters.

I have to wonder WTH is wrong with these people who twist the words and meanings of other people's posts so that it fits their agenda to demonize and lie about them. I guess they never grew up!

Old 08-14-2022, 09:25 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because nationalism isn't a bad thing no matter what race you are! Did you not read the dictionary's definition of a nationalist? Nationalism has nothing to do with being a racist or being a supremacist it's about patriotism. Why can't you and yours get that through your thick skulls????????

Are you and yours going to beat this thing to death and to continue to accuse me of stupid crap and twist the meaning of my words when I have explained my remarks over and over again? WTH is wrong with you people??????
White nationalism IS about being racist. Nationalism on its own is not. White nationalism is a racially charged nationalism, about the exclusion of everybody else. Do not try those mental gymnastics with me.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Let's say "middle aged." I'm old enough that young people think I'm ancient, but ancient people still think I'm young, haha. I grew up post-segregation but pre-internet.

Yes! And here is a perfect example, almost by serendipity:
I was born in the mid 1980s. I never knew what it was to grow up in the segregation era. I grew up in the internet era. I'm old enough to remember dial-up and Myspace.

I have met a few people who were like "your people cause so many problems" or "you people cause problems", never mind that I wasn't involved in crime or other shenanigans. I did run into a few situations where I was followed around in stores. I decided "no more buying anything there ever again. If I am going to be treated like a criminal, then I'll take my business elsewhere, and that business won't get my money".

Back then, I think stuff could get ignored because it was "if you don't see it, it never happened".

Old 08-14-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with nationalism, although it may not be my cup of tea personally, but the poster in question is disingenuously trying to act like when one says "white nationalists" we're talking about normal nationalists who just happen to also be white people. "White nationalism" as a phrase refers specifically to the promotion of a white nation. Sometimes meaning changes a lot when you add a modifier. Like, there's a big difference between a scenario where you're attacked by a dragon, versus one where you're attacked by a bearded dragon.

Anyway, it's basically a plea for attention and an attempt to distract from the actual topic, so I'll be ignoring it from here on out, and I'm feeling a bit foolish for even having given it this much bandwidth.
And thus the difference. If it was just nationalism on its own, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Said person mentioned "white nationalism" by name and then tried to say it wasn't a bad thing. White nationalism and white supremacy have alot of overlap. It is RACIAL nationalism, not nationalism as it applies to nation. There is a big difference between nationalism and racial nationalism. And this is something some people refuse to admit.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He has been a long time poster here and I have never found his posts to be racist in the past, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. Who among us hasn't written something that didn't come out the way we wanted it to? Anyway, lets move on.
I can't give the benefit of the doubt. Big difference between generic nationalism and racial nationalism.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:33 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can't give the benefit of the doubt. Big difference between generic nationalism and racial nationalism.
But retail businesses who are targeted by shoplifters SHOULD give "the benefit of the doubt" and not watch the very people who have proven themselves, repeatedly, to be the most likely candidates for thievery?

Funny how that works.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
But retail businesses who are targeted by shoplifters SHOULD give "the benefit of the doubt" and not watch the very people who have proven themselves, repeatedly, to be the most likely candidates for thievery?

Funny how that works.
I don't care. I'm not changing my mind. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies