Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Mini-Triumph.

It's not a parasite or a worm. It's not a blob.

Court affirms law calling unborn 'living human beings'

"...A federal court ruled against Planned Parenthood and rejected an injunction against a state law requiring doctors to tell women seeking abortions that they may face serious medical conditions and will "terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being."..."

It looks like this:

I am so delighted by this ruling. Can it be that our long holocaust may finally be coming to an end?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,097 times
Why don't you do something about the number of living individual children living in poverty?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
My problem is with late term abortion. Viable babies should not be aborted, in my opinion.

If a woman cannot determine that she's pregnant after a couple months, a different plan needs to be made, because she's having a baby.

In my opinion at any rate.
I am definitely Pro Choice; yes.

That stated: I have a severe problem with abortions much past the middle of the second trimester------unless either the mother's life is at risk (severe injuries to the abdomen would qualify, etc.) or the fetus would be born severely deformed (no head, etc).

Too: my being a male (unless I am sterile); if I 'play' with a woman and she winds up preggers------she would be stuck with the 9 month pregnancy so it would be her choice to carry to term or not.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
Quote:
Mini-Triumph.

It's not a parasite or a worm. It's not a blob.

Court affirms law calling unborn 'living human beings'

"...A federal court ruled against Planned Parenthood and rejected an injunction against a state law requiring doctors to tell women seeking abortions that they may face serious medical conditions and will "terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being."..."

It looks like this:

Thank you for the picture......my daughter was not a blob of tissue nor was she a worm, a visagoth or anything but human.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am so delighted by this ruling. Can it be that our long holocaust may finally be coming to an end?
Don't hold your breath.

I'm only hoping for the late-term abortions to end, I just feel so terrible about them.

More education and birth control are fine from my perspective but honestly, people, if it goes past the first trimester, there's no way that baby doesn't feel fear and/or pain. Have some compassion, please!

Have the baby and give him or her up for adoption. As we've discussed ad nauseum there are many adoptive parents waiting for healthy, normal infants.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM

Why should we want to give children to parents who are waiting for healthy normal infants? What kind of parent is that? What about all the unhealthy, the abnormal, the older-than infant? Not good enough???

Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Any man who is against a woman's right to chose should be required to get a vasectomy....and I bet there's plenty who haven't ...how irresponsible !!!!!!!!
Any woman who has an abortion should go to jail for the maximum penalty of murder. This includes the death penalty.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Why should we want to give children to parents who are waiting for healthy normal infants? What kind of parent is that? What about all the unhealthy, the abnormal, the older-than infant? Not good enough???

Lots and lots of people adopt children deemed 'unadoptable'......my son would have been sent to an orphanage had we not adopted him.

Still it bears remembering.....it is wrong to adopt a child to make a political statement. It is only appropriate to adopt a child because you want to expand your family and adoption (for whatever reason) is the way that suited your family best.
To chastise people for not adopting is stupid and uninformed.
A better way for prolife people to show their dedication to life is to donate their money, time and energy to various philanthropic charities that deal with children and their issues. If they neglet to do that, hey - fire away!

I do know what you are getting at, hypocrisy etc etc.....But don't use adoption as the means to point it out. It's not like getting a dog, and though you don't mean to --- when you use it as an argument against pro lifers you do end up cheapening the experience.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM

What about the man who impregnated her? Can't he be tried for causing another to commit "murder" with enhancements for emotional distress? Sounds very angry and hateful and thank god for what laws we have to protect us.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm not picking up from any pro-life arguments the least amount of concern for children, the arguments just come off as hateful controlling power mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.