Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I'm curious about how you feel about women who have numerous children and stay in a lifetime of welfare and other gov't benefits? My guess would be most pro life advocates would at least applaud the woman for having the children and would be willing to see the gov't take care of them (since life has been protected) while pro-choice would be more annoyed, seeing this behavior as irresponsible. I'm just trying to see how your position on this links to other positions.
Personally I think people who keep getting pregnant (unwanted) regardless of the result (abortion vs. giving birth) are deplorable.

Birth control exists in many, many methods and there is nobody on this earth who can tell me it's not readily available...both the knowledge and access to the birth control itself.

I have said this many times, my opinion is, if you've made a mistake and gotten pregnant, go ahead and have an abortion if it's an unwanted pregnancy but do it right away, out of compassion at least. Or give birth and give the baby up to a couple who wants him or her.

Babies should not be currency (the more kids I have, the more money I make from welfare). They also should not be had as a rationale for "why my life has never gotten better; why I still live in this ghetto, I have all theeese kids..." It's just a terrible way to look at having children.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:11 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Any woman who has an abortion should go to jail for the maximum penalty of murder. This includes the death penalty.
That is a little harsh for such a minor thing.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I daresay that person may have been posting that in a facetious manner...I doubt, in spite of what some people claim, that any true pro-lifer would sentence a woman who has an abortion to the death penalty. We do have compassion for a person's circumstances and understand that many people do things in desperation. I believe we need to accentuate PROACTIVE solutions rather than reactive ones (like using birth control, or if it fails, paying attention to yourself and knowing you're pregnant then if you must, abort early to minimize trauma to both mother and fetus).

Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
... Birth control exists in many, many methods and there is nobody on this earth who can tell me it's not readily available...both the knowledge and access to the birth control itself. ...
On the entire earth?

I agree with this idea when limited to America and maybe most of Europe.

It certainly is not the case with the majority of the planet however.

The education is not in place.
The methods are not available.
The cultures often do not encourage it.

The fact that you live in a highly advanced, highly educated, liberal society; does not mean that the majority of the planet's occupants also live in your society.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
On the entire earth?

The fact that you live in a highly advanced, highly educated, liberal society; does not mean that the majority of the planet's occupants also live in your society.
Okay, you got me there; but are those people having abortions, or dealing with parenthood when they have a child? Is late-term abortion a common practice in those nations?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
Quote:
On the entire earth?

Depends on what part of America you are in, doesn't it? Sounds like lots of towns I know, IN America!!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does an early abortion look like? (http://www.abortion.org.au/abortionpictures.htm - broken link)
Developmental Biology 8e Online: Images of Embryos Used by Anti-Abortion Activists
Thank you for these very informative links!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
It is not a minor thing though, murder is a major issue.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 AM

Do you eat meat? Brush your teeth? Drive much?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Murder!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies