Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 AM

126 posts, read 299,819 times

Advertisements

What about the camera footage that many of us have seen of the early 90s up until recently(filmed by the major networks.but not shown on their programs),of the pro-choicers (Molech's fire anyone?).I've seen news footage of naked women/blacktape over their nips calling theirselves "Mary Magdallen",saying "let me annoint you",while playing with fake blood ,throwing rubberspiders and snakes on people trying to go church.Men dressed as preist (continued part 2Double Standerd Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 AM

126 posts, read 299,819 times
Default Double Standard part 2

while pro-choice men,some dressed as preist,passing between themselves and the pro-choice women a large jar with what looked to be a laterterm aborted baby(real or fake???) ,taking sips from the jar saying communion. in bck growd ABC,CBS,Fox,etc newsvans an crews.Middle of large city downtown,blocking/harrassing peaceful church goers,cops did nothing to stop it.Fanatics for Life vs Fanatics for Self .GO LIFE!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
I personally am against religious activists using shock treatment by showing pictures of outdated and unused pictures (and sometimes faked) when describing a medical procedure where the most you'll normally see of the fetus is a few strands of tissue. It's disgusting.

Of course, I'm against any group doing such. The outspoken minority does not represent the majority and such.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 AM

194 posts, read 362,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
My opposition to what the protesters are doing is that it is pretty misleading. A lot of surgeries and procedures are graphic and unsettling (for instance, I would rather an autopsy than eye surgery *shudder*), but that does not mean they are wrong or immoral.

Hey, I'm open to the debate on the morality of abortion, but using pictures of dismembered fetuses is more of a shock tactic than reasoned debate. I could show pictures of what embalming looks like (not pretty) and try to imply that it has something to do with morality.
I'm sure you have heard the story of Emmit Till, the little black boy who was mutiliated and murdered by white men for approaching a white woman in a store. His mother insisted on an open casket b/c she wanted "the world to see what they had done to her boy." There were pictures of Emmit published in JET magazine, sparking the Civil Rights Movement. People were shocked and disgusted by these pictures, but look at the good they did!
How can we have a debate on abortion without presenting all the facts? Why shouldn't pictures that depict the results of an abortion be admitted as evidence? It's not for shock value, it is to support our argument and depict the horrific truth that abortion kills babies.
You are comparing apples and oranges when comparing abortion to other procedures and surgeries. How many surgeries do you know of that dismember babies?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,298,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
I'm sure you have heard the story of Emmit Till, the little black boy who was mutiliated and murdered by white men for approaching a white woman in a store. His mother insisted on an open casket b/c she wanted "the world to see what they had done to her boy." There were pictures of Emmit published in JET magazine, sparking the Civil Rights Movement. People were shocked and disgusted by these pictures, but look at the good they did!
How can we have a debate on abortion without presenting all the facts? Why shouldn't pictures that depict the results of an abortion be admitted as evidence? It's not for shock value, it is to support our argument and depict the horrific truth that abortion kills babies.
You are comparing apples and oranges when comparing abortion to other procedures and surgeries. How many surgeries do you know of that dismember babies?
Talk about apples and oranges!

People CHOOSE to open a magazine, and no one was forced to go to that funeral.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Talk about apples and oranges!

People CHOOSE to open a magazine, and no one was forced to go to that funeral.
I agree. I stated earlier that I personally don't agree with public displays of graphic pictures of aborted babies, I just agree with the use of these pictures in the abortion debate. I personally would be a little ticked if I were driving in my car with my children and saw these pictures. The pictures need to be viewed but in an appropriate setting.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
How can we have a debate on abortion without presenting all the facts?
If all we have is facts, there won't be a debate. All the actual facts are on one side, and all the actual religious dogma is on the other. Appeals to fabricated pseudo-science don't change that. And while I shouldn't have to, let me be hardly the first person to offer the following recommendation: If confronting an unwanted pregnancy while holding religious beliefs that rule out abortion as an option, choose a different option.

Quote:
How many surgeries do you know of that dismember babies?
None.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Why not hold up signs showing a vasectomy procedure? A tubal ligation? A hysterectomy? All prevent reproduction, all are against 'God's plan'. Why stop at abortion? Slip, slip down the slope....

Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Why not hold up signs showing a vasectomy procedure? A tubal ligation? A hysterectomy? All prevent reproduction, all are against 'God's plan'. Why stop at abortion? Slip, slip down the slope....
lol sure. How about a woman having her period? Or a man rubbing one off; surprised people aren't outraged about that since they're both killing off their kids that way.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
If all we have is facts, there won't be a debate. All the actual facts are on one side, and all the actual religious dogma is on the other. Appeals to fabricated pseudo-science don't change that. And while I shouldn't have to, let me be hardly the first person to offer the following recommendation: If confronting an unwanted pregnancy while holding religious beliefs that rule out abortion as an option, choose a different option.

None.
I haven't even mentioned religion or God at all! How do you know I am even a person of faith?! My belief that abortion is repulsive has nothing to do with God! I believe abortion is wrong simply b/c I deem all human life to be valuable and no human should have to be subjected to death by suction and dismemberment! And yes, abortion would be considered a procedure that dismembers- ask the clinic worker whose job it is to reassemble the baby to make sure all the baby parts were properly removed from the mother so as to prevent infection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies