Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Of course abortion is a birth control method. It is what it is. It is not the only birth control method, nor is it the only one used by most people.
Try reading the links I submitted if you want a more realistic view of what it really is and the lies and deceptions used by the anti-choice people.

I have to wonder what any of those corner protesters are doing in the way of adoption or fostering unwanted albeit born kids.

Don't want an abortion, very simple, don't have one.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-18-2008 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Today I went out to run some errands, and a religious anti-abortion group was holding up graphic signs of dismembered fetuses on the side of a major road. There was absolutely no way to avoid seeing them.
Probably the best thing to do is pay attention to the road, if the signs offend you just ignore them.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 PM

194 posts, read 362,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akama View Post
Oh please....

If a graphic display is potentially traumatizing to innocent by standers it should not be allowed to stay. Someone's right to mental peace outweighs others right to show the truth, which why we don't see naked people on Ads having sex.

As I said, I don't agree with springing them on people. I would be upset if my children were forced to look at them, but I do believe in using them appropriately. I believe if people wish to support this practice they need to know exactly what they are supporting.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
As I said, I don't agree with springing them on people. I would be upset if my children were forced to look at them, but I do believe in using them appropriately. I believe if people wish to support this practice they need to know exactly what they are supporting.
Most of the descriptions they use with the photos are lies.
Please see links I provided.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Of course abortion is a birth control method. It is what it is. It is not the only birth control method, nor is it the only one used by most people.
Try reading the links I submitted if you want a more realistic view of what it really is and the lies and deceptions used by the anti-choice people.

I have to wonder what any of those corner protesters are doing in the way of adoption or fostering unwanted albeit born kids.

Don't want an abortion, very simple, don't have one.

What lies are you referring to? Specifics please.
So if I applied your logic to domestic abuse, are only those willing to take in a battered woman and her childen allowed to protest domestic abuse?
As to your final comment, that same logic was used to defend slavery- "don't like slavery, don't own a slave."

Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Most of the descriptions they use with the photos are lies.
Please see links I provided.
A clinic in Michigan was just recently fined for throwing out fetal remains. It's not hard to believe that one could easily find an aborted baby in a dumpster of which are being displayed in these pictures.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,525,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dont wana be causing wreaks. however i think it is healthy to examine our perception of abortion. abortion was never intended to be a birth control method.
the later you wait on the abortion the more it begins to look like killing a child.

All the more reason abortion should be available in communities where it isn't presently despite the population to support it. Good point.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:14 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
What lies are you referring to? Specifics please.
So if I applied your logic to domestic abuse, are only those willing to take in a battered woman and her childen allowed to protest domestic abuse?
As to your final comment, that same logic was used to defend slavery- "don't like slavery, don't own a slave."
Touche'. I can't rep you again but I owe you big time for "don't like slavery, don't own a slave". Cut's right to the chase.

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-18-2008 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
This isn't about whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, its about what is appropriate to hold up on a major road that many people, children included, are forced to see. How would you feel if you had to explain those disturbing images to your young child?
Excuse me, but the Truth is always appropriate, no matter how ugly it is.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:14 AM

532 posts, read 859,462 times
Thumbs down Yes, it's hard

Quote:
This isn't about whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, its about what is appropriate to hold up on a major road that many people, children included, are forced to see. How would you feel if you had to explain those disturbing images to your young child?
The truth is sometimes hard to face. It's sad that children have to see what could have happened to them--"there by the grace of God, go I". Protests like this should make us determined to work for better protection of the unborn. What a tragity, that so few speak out for their right to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies