Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times

Advertisements

Can we please stay on topic

Anti-Abortion religious group was holding up graphic signs on a major road–What do you think of this?

and not make personal attacks , please?

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:08 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Can we please stay on topic

Anti-Abortion religious group was holding up graphic signs on a major road–What do you think of this?

and not make personal attacks , please?
........Says the man who compared Christians to the Taliban.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:17 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Some really creepy old man came to our university campus one day in a van covered in images of mutilated fetuses and the twin towers collapsing on 9/11 for dramatic effect. I guess he drove around trying to spread his weird message, but it being a university campus, everyone just chuckled at the crazy old guy.

Gotta love freedom of speech.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:59 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, you are expelling a fetus from your body.
I do not believe I was a human until I took my first breath on my own.
Do not tell me what I believe or not.

Didn't even bother to read the links I posted a few times on this thread, did you?

If I ever got pregnant, I'd eliminate it in a second.
I would not be a fit parent; I have no reason to breed.

If you get pregnant, don't abort, pretty simple doncha think?
Adopted or fostered any kids?
Yes, you are expelling a fetus from your body, in the same way you would "release" a newborn baby from your hands by dropping him or her off a cliff, or "dismiss" an unfaithful partner by shooting him. We can use whatever words we like, but the fact that abortion kills remains the same.

You WERE a human since you were conceived; this is simple biology. You were a member of the homo sapiens species when you were a fetus, embryo, or zygote, just as you are today.

I didn't see the links, nor do I think it would be worth my time to find them. If you want to post them now, go ahead and I will read them.

I do think it unfortunate that you would be so callous towards an unexpected child as to abort it. There is nothing more unfitting to human dignity and parental responsibility as to kill one's own child.

Whether or not I have adopted or fostered is completely irrelevant. I can argue against child molestation even though I have had no sexual urges towards children; I can argue against inner-city gang violence even though my background is different from that of most gang members.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 AM

126 posts, read 299,819 times
Default If the shoe fits wear it,if the truth hurts bear it.

We have all seen worse,on t.v.,movies and vidiogames.So have all ya'lls kids,admit it! If you support abortion it shouldn't bother you to stare it in the face,and if it does bother you to see it,then maybe you should reconsider your stance.But when women are shown detailed facts from the beginning of the procedure to the disposal of the baby(dead or alive) ,they usually choose life .

Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times
It's free speech.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
tvdxer, interesting that you haven't bothered to read the thread and chose to post in it.

I believe in a woman's right to choose.
I choose to be childfree, not matter how that occurs.

I'd also like to see some mutilated real kids who had the unfortunate experience to be born to bad parents. Tit for tat, and all.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
I'd also like to see some mutilated real kids who had the unfortunate experience to be born to bad parents. Tit for tat, and all.
What constitutes a "real" kid?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Tin Knocker. I agree with you except where you say 5 or 6 year old kids wouldn't bat an eye.
I think it would make most of them very sad. A lot of little kids carry around dolls and stuffed animals and have pets. They hear about abortion and imagine their beloved doll or pet not being there and it can be shocking for a little kid. My son was maybe 7 and he couldn't believe anyone would ever do such a thing. He assumed everyone loved babies and wanted to protect them. He asked me why don't they just give them away to people who want them. I didn't have any good answers to his questions. I had to promise him that the babies did not know or feel it when it happened or it would have been just too traumatic. Anyway, he's 20 now and still finds the idea repellent.
Sounds like he learned about the value of life & the fact that to some people children are disposable. I'm certain it was unplesant but he learned the truth. As he said you can always give them away. Why compound a mistake like getting pregnant unintentionally by killing the kid instead of accepting the RESPONSABILITY of a persons actions.
I think your son is likely a better man for that experience.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
My opposition to what the protesters are doing is that it is pretty misleading. A lot of surgeries and procedures are graphic and unsettling (for instance, I would rather an autopsy than eye surgery *shudder*), but that does not mean they are wrong or immoral.

Hey, I'm open to the debate on the morality of abortion, but using pictures of dismembered fetuses is more of a shock tactic than reasoned debate. I could show pictures of what embalming looks like (not pretty) and try to imply that it has something to do with morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies