Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:39 PM

194 posts, read 362,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
A FETUS is not a BABY. A fetus develops into a baby.
I am not going to debate abortion here any further, plenty of threads on that topic. I am saying it will always happen, until there is a way to extract the fetus. There have always been abortions and there will always be abortions, until this is a possibility.
Well, take one look at these pictures and clearly they are BABIES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,298,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
Well, take one look at these pictures and clearly they are BABIES!
WHICH pictures?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
WHICH pictures?
Any graphic pictures of abortion.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Well I already addressed this in my earlier post. There are some things my children will not see until they are emotionally ready and *I* should be the one to decide that, not some yahoo on the corner.

And jmarquise, an aside... that goes for PETA too. Or anyone else protesting in this way, whether I agree with their position or not.

In all the other examples I gave, I still feel it's my place to introduce (or not) graphic images.

Furthermore, I do not believe these images are accurate in depicting the reality of abortion. IF I were wanting my kids to see abortion pics, it would be truthful, not exaggerated propaganda.

As for movies/games, I am not concerned with what others choose to let their kids see/play. Lots of kids see lots of scary things way before it's time. But no, not MY children. I don't expose them to images just for shock value.

When my son was little, up until age 5, I was a vegetarian for primarily reasons having to do with my opposition to the inhumane treatment of animal... do you think I showed my son slaughterhouse pics at age 4 to prove my point???

I'm not really arguing here that these people should be arrested or that their rights to protest should be impeded. I am really just arguing that they are disgusting, misguided jerks who probably have mental problems. Yes, they have a right to do it, but they aren't accomplishing much in the process.
I can absolutely agree with the fact that ultimately we should decide when our children should be subjected to graphic pictures.
I have to ask though why you believe they are "exaggerated propaganda?" These babies were found in dumpsters behind abortion clinics- it doesn't get anymore truthful than that!

Old 07-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Any graphic pictures of abortion.
How do you know that the commonly shown "photos of abortion" are actually of abortion in the first place? Links have already been given discussing the deceitful nature of many of the photos used by extremist groups.

How do you know they aren't pictures of stillborn 3rd trimester babies? Miscarriages?

Because, baby or not, it's subjective and a matter of opinion as to whether or not a 10 week fetus looks like a "baby" or even if it looks human.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I can absolutely agree with the fact that ultimately we should decide when our children should be subjected to graphic pictures.
I have to ask though why you believe they are "exaggerated propaganda?" These babies were found in dumpsters behind abortion clinics- it doesn't get anymore truthful than that!
Says who?

I HAD an abortion when I was sixteen. I saw what was taken from my body, and while it wasn't pleasant, it looked nothing like anything held up on a street corner sign.

I am not "pro abortion"... I am pro education, pro contraception, and believe every child should be a wanted child. I want the need for abortion to be eliminated (in an ideal world) or at least almost completely eradicated, then every child can be brought into this world purposefully, and we can stop this awful debate, but I could never, WOULD never vote to eliminate safe, legal abortion prior to viability.

My grandmother almost died from a back-alley illegal abortion in 1946, when my mother was 4 years old and her little brother was 3, and my "grandfather" told my grandmother, upon learning that she was pregnant, "Not my problem..." (yes, they were married)... I don't see how that's any better.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Ruling requires abortion statement from S.D. doctors

Old 07-19-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
How do you know that the commonly shown "photos of abortion" are actually of abortion in the first place? Links have already been given discussing the deceitful nature of many of the photos used by extremist groups.

How do you know they aren't pictures of stillborn 3rd trimester babies? Miscarriages?

Because, baby or not, it's subjective and a matter of opinion as to whether or not a 10 week fetus looks like a "baby" or even if it looks human.
You would rather believe that some psycho got ahold of a stillborn baby and mutiliated it?? Abortions are allowed up until birth, so what do you think an aborted baby would look like towards the end?
An unborn baby has to be human as two human parents cannot create anything other than a human!
Lastly, here is a quote from one of the most celebrated feminist of our era- prochoice Naomi Wolf:
"How can we charge that it is vile and repulsive for pro-lifers to brandish vile and repulsive images if the images are real? To insist that the truth is in poor taste is the very height of hypocrisy. Besides, if these images are often the facts of the matter, and if we then claim that it is offensive for pro-choice women to be confronted by them, then we are making the judgment that women are too inherently weak to face a truth about which they have to make a grave decision. This view of women is unworthy of feminism."
By the time a woman even learns she is pregnant, her baby already has a heart beat and obvious human qualities.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:

look at the 10 week old baby and just try to deny it's not a human baby!
Pregnancy.org > First Trimester Fetal Development - week 1 through week 14

Old 07-19-2008, 08:59 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And why do people need to be aware of your interpretation? Why not just let them have their own?

Have you read the links I posted about the lies and distortions used, and on purpose, by the corner people?
It's not "my" interpretation. It's the truth.

When you abort a fetus, you kill an individual human being. You were once a fetus, as was I. We were humans then, and are humans now.

And if anything, the "pro-choice" crowd lies and distorts. How often have I heard references to the fetus as nothing more than "tissue" or arguments for women's rights to their "own bodies", when in fact we're talking about TWO BODIES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies