Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Gee, you scare me.

I was the person who made the comment, not very general response now, was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 05:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
THANK GOD FOR THIS - the thought of you being a mother is one of, if not the most, scary things to even contemplate!
Thanks, I thought I was the only one feeling that! Can you see what that kid would have to live thru with a woman like that for a mother. She has so much hate built up inside of herself. I wonder what the people she works with think of her ?

Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,312 times
Why do topics like this always bring out the rude and crazy comments?

Old 07-20-2008, 06:07 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
So you don't think there is an age where these sensitive and controversial topics are appropriate for children and an age where it isn't? You think any topic, no matter how graphic and disturbing, is appropriate for say, a 4, 5, or 6 year old? You don't think there is a reason why sex ed is usually not taught until a child is around 11 or 12? BECAUSE SOME TOPICS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN. I think this falls in that category. And when you stand on the side of the road, your audience is pretty much everyone, of all ages. And for the record, I would have a problem with PETA standing on the side of the road holding up graphic signs of slaughtered animals, this thread is about abortion because that is the protest I witnessed.
I think if your ashamed to let your kids know the truth then you are a sad excuse for a parent. If you are for abortion then you should want your children to understand. Children 5 or 6 wouldn't even bat an eye. Children 11 or 12 are old enough to understand.
I dont need you or anybody else telling me when my kids should learn about what.
If it broke a law thats different. But I imagine it was simply showing graphic truth. I dont mind explaining things like this to my children. The world is not all sugar plums & roses, they need to know that.

Deal with it. If you are not pro life you support whats in the pictures, not me.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I think if your ashamed to let your kids know the truth then you are a sad excuse for a parent. If you are for abortion then you should want your children to understand. Children 5 or 6 wouldn't even bat an eye. Children 11 or 12 are old enough to understand.
I dont need you or anybody else telling me when my kids should learn about what.
If it broke a law thats different. But I imagine it was simply showing graphic truth. I dont mind explaining things like this to my children. The world is not all sugar plums & roses, they need to know that.

Deal with it. If you are not pro life you support whats in the pictures, not me.
Tin Knocker. I agree with you except where you say 5 or 6 year old kids wouldn't bat an eye.
I think it would make most of them very sad. A lot of little kids carry around dolls and stuffed animals and have pets. They hear about abortion and imagine their beloved doll or pet not being there and it can be shocking for a little kid. My son was maybe 7 and he couldn't believe anyone would ever do such a thing. He assumed everyone loved babies and wanted to protect them. He asked me why don't they just give them away to people who want them. I didn't have any good answers to his questions. I had to promise him that the babies did not know or feel it when it happened or it would have been just too traumatic. Anyway, he's 20 now and still finds the idea repellent.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:51 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,543,537 times
Quote:

First of all, what do I have to be ashamed of? I've never had an abortion, nor do I plan on having one. And I'm a sad excuse for a parent? That sounds like a personal insult to me, and really, how do you know what kind of a parent I am? Because I don't think my young child should have nightmares from seeing images of mangled fetuses, that makes me a sad excuse for a parent??? Okaaay. And a 5 or 6 year old absolutely would understand and be traumatized by the subject matter.

And this comment:
Quote:
is exactly my point. I don't need some activist on a street corner deciding when I should be forced to confront a very sensitive subject with my young child. Thank you for cementing the point I was trying to make.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Thanks, I thought I was the only one feeling that! Can you see what that kid would have to live thru with a woman like that for a mother. She has so much hate built up inside of herself. I wonder what the people she works with think of her ?
Just got a nice promotion at work, thanks for asking.
Please don't project your hatred on me; I just don't put up with people's bs very well.
Apparently that causes you turmoil.
Upset because I can link to the sites that dispel the lies and deceit used by corner anti-people?

Got a comment or are you just throwing around personal attacks?

Old 07-20-2008, 09:13 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Today I went out to run some errands, and a religious anti-abortion group was holding up graphic signs of dismembered fetuses on the side of a major road. There was absolutely no way to avoid seeing them. I was disgusted by this, and my first thought was, is this legal??? I mean, anyone who drives down this road is unknowingly forced to look at these graphic images, children included. Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, do you think this was appropriate? I'm curious to hear people's responses.
I personally find this kind of thing appalling. They are talking about respect for human life and then they do that kind of thing? I went in to a buildling in Worcestor Mass, I was confronted by a priest with is fetus in a block of clear plastic. They actually grabbed me by the arm and went on at me. This was a large office building and apparently there was a planned parenthood in the building. I was REALLY taken aback at the whole process.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM

I probably would have had a different encounter.
Knee meet groin.
Nobody touches me without my permission.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Just got a nice promotion at work, thanks for asking.
Please don't project your hatred on me;
You have it quite backwards: You project YOUR hatred - towards everybody and everything on everyone here -

OBTW - no one asked if you got any alleged promotion - nor, does anyone care -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies